• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"When your fat pic goes viral" - a story about internet bullying

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those thinking the photo showed 2 different people. Did you come to that conclusion before actually reading anything, and before noticing the '2009' and '2014? Please tell me the answer is yes because otherwise you're not very astute.
Yes, the first time I saw the image earlier this year (more like 2 years ago, actually), I didn't bother reading any comments (I assume I saw it on reddit) or examining it too carefully. I clicked it, saw it was a lame joke, and closed it. I likely assumed it was fake because she looks like a caricature of a tumblr feminist in the after picture (although her uniform is missing one item), the title is "empowered feminist" (I assumed this was sarcasm, not her actual handle), it was posted on a large subreddit filled with young men who spend way too much time obsessing with "SJW," tumblr and the like, and unfortunately it isn't uncommon for people to make memes like this using multiple unrelated pictures. Oh, and she looks like a different person in the after picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom