• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where are my next gen mosou games?

theclaw135

Banned
The three kingdoms setting doesn't really resonate with me.

I'd probably like the Dragon Quest or Persona offshoots, if I got around to them...

OuterLimits

I immensely enjoyed both Hyrule Warriors and Age of Calamity. (So does my 10 year old son.). However Dynasty Warriors 9 was pretty garbage. Especially after the enjoyable DW 8.

I often enjoy the Empire versions though. Since it incorporates some very minor aspects from the Koei ROTK strategy games.

Last edited:

Holammer

Played some Bloons TD6 earlier and amused myself by imaging how Ninja Kiwi could make a spin-off game. Angry Birds? DOTA?
Well there it is! Bloons Mosou! It even works well thematically as hero monkeys get to pop millions of balloons.

Get Koei Tecmo on the line!

IAmRei

Last time, i played Samurai Warrior 5, have some blast with it, until i got newer game i had to play.

If i can wish, i want Gundam or Star wars Musou

The berserk game was great, and I also really liked the first fist of the North Star game, Kens Rage… so damn fun. The first Zelda one on switch (the Wii U game) was great, but the BOTW version isn’t as good.

These kinds of games are just fun dumb games. Most of the challenge isn’t in the fights themselves, they are easy, but in your efficiency on taking bases and/killing elite units and accomplishing other goals while doing all this quickly.

Zannegan

Just when we finally get enough power to possibly render all those mobs at a decent density and draw distance, KT essentially stops making the games. Ironic.

Maybe we'll get rereleases of the Hyrule Warriors games on Switch 2 with decent multiplayer performance. Better yet, maybe we'll get BC that "just works" to redeem all the Warriors/Musou games on the platform. I'm love some mindless mob mashing action in couch co-op.

Speaking of ironies, I'm down for a Star Wars Musou, any day, any time.

NanaMiku

Didn't Dynasty Warriors 9 got mixed reception, even though it's pretty ambitious (map of all China)? Maybe they making some big changes again

Hoppa

I hope they go back to basics with Dynasty Warriors 10 man. They've experimented before but DW9 was such a departure from the formula the game was almost unrecognisable. I did like Samurai Warriors 5 quite a bit and the Fire Emblem musou last year was actually pretty good too but I need that DW back. I remember last year they said they would be announcing something DW10 this year so maybe TGS ?

Top Bottom