• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where may one find out the potential dates for Sony's next major event? (Updated Poll)

when???

• Total voters

jaysius

Banned
Random guesses and theories = insider knowledge :messenger_tears_of_joy:
200.gif

to be honest, it's not that far-fetched a theory, many others including yours truly had predicted this but it could be that this is only ONE of many reasons they are withholding

we'll find out soon, the time has come!
Agreed. It seems like a reasonable explanation.

Sony have been consistent in the past 2 years with a September showcase and this year would be no exception.

As far as I’m aware Milly is for the most part a credible leaker, she also leaked that Wolverine would be at last years showcase as well.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

Cult leader says "End of the world is coming next Tuesday". Some cult members start thinking leader a little suspect when Tuesday passes with no Armageddon.

Cult leader says "End of the world was supposed to happen next Tuesday, but it was cancelled because I convinced them to delay." Cult leader maintains his/her high standing.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Cult leader says "End of the world is coming next Tuesday". Some cult members start thinking leader a little suspect when Tuesday passes with no Armageddon.

Cult leader says "End of the world was supposed to happen next Tuesday, but it was cancelled because I convinced them to delay." Cult leader maintains his/her high standing.
Yep, these twitter frauds feed off of the endorphins they get from new followers/any attention

Topher

Gold Member

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

I think they just delayed it a few times, realized they have GoW:R coming soon, and it's getting close to December. Might as well just make it a Playstation Experience in December at this point.

Agreed. It seems like a reasonable explanation.

Sony have been consistent in the past 2 years with a September showcase and this year would be no exception.

As far as I’m aware Milly is for the most part a credible leaker, she also leaked that Wolverine would be at last years showcase as well.

They’re not credible at all. They’ve literally only gotten one thing correct since last year lol

This person doesn’t know shit, they ‘guessed’ wolverine was coming last year and have been wrong about literally everything since then, its the Nick SHpehel hype circle strategy

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
This doesn't make sense at all. This investigation is going to last until next year. Is Sony going to be silent all this time?. Is just going to burn more bridges with the fans.

my spidey-sense is tingling. I call bullshit. November 8 is the schedule time for this killzone.
Monkey Oops GIF by AFV Pets

This doesn't make sense at all. This investigation is going to last until next year. Is Sony going to be silent all this time?. Is just going to burn more bridges with the fans.

my spidey-sense is tingling. I call bullshit. November 8 is the schedule time for this killzone.

They’ve announced 3 acquisitions and multiple games since Microsoft announced they’re buying Activision, it would make no sense for them to pretend they aren’t getting exclusive games and content now

GreatnessRD

How s****y must your arguments be against Microsoft buying Activision that you have to hide your own products’ announcements in the hopes you can continue to defraud investigators.

Tired of Sony whining like a petulant, hypocritical little child during this whole ordeal with zero legitimate concerns. It reeks of cowardice and incompetence.

Not to mention, how has Nintendo succeeded without access to Activision exclusives?
This should be pinned. Sony fanboy should take a hard look at this quote and ask themselves this question. Jim Ryan and company need to stop actin' like some straight bitches. (And also add mah wanted Sony games to PC, lol)

This is the kind of rumor that only increases the harassment against PlayStation on social media. We know how stupid fanboys can be.

"Where is the showcase Sony? fuck you, you dead to me. I'm not rebuying your remasters anymore"

f85c2b426ad60134a034c979d72212fd.gif

How shitty must your argument be if you make up straw man arguments that you knock down in order to make yourself feel better about being a fanboi.

People can still be tired of Sony (and their fanbois) acting like petulant, hypocritical, whiny little children during Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision, regardless of a tweet.

Is Sony just supposed to cow tow to MS on this acquisition?

Has nothing to do with acting like a child and doing everything they can to try and prevent the deal from going through, which is in their best interest

splattered

I don't care if this is true or not, this is some funny shit.

The only way i even see this as being possible is if they were going to announce an acquisition of a studio during it...?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If this is remotely true, Sony are absolutely bitches.

If you are legitimately going out and securing exclusivity money hats to the point that you know that it could make you look bad in a current market situation then you straight bitch.

What about the millions of console owners that want to know what they have in store for next year.

I just hope this isn't true.

Last edited:

Kiraly

I remember some clown that was supposedly a "YouTube Statistics Manager" tweeting made up bullshit after the showcase in 2020 and sure enough, it's the same fucking account back when "she" had a different woman as her profile picture lol

"ms shouldn't be allowed to lock games into their platform.... And/or have exclusive content within their games".

"Also, play FF only on PS, and get the following games with exclusive content on PlayStation."

What systems do you think Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Diablo 3 etc. sold the most copies on brand-wise when they were relevant? Or COD for the past several years?

It's nowhere near the same thing as Final Fantasy which has always sold the vast majority of its copies on PlayStation consoles even when it was multiplatform. You'd of had a better argument for FF & Sony if you were talking about the PS1 FF games, because prior to PS1 100% of Square's audience was on Nintendo and that changed in the blink of an eye.

But people who would try bringing up that argument ignore that Square needed very little convincing to switch from Nintendo to Sony that gen; Nintendo seemingly did everything in their power to make that as easy as possible (similar to, but not as bad as, Sega).

TLZ

Banned
So does this mean Sony won't be promoting God Of War anymore, and delaying its release till holidays next year? You know, since they don't want to flaunt their great successful system sellers.

Flutta

Banned
How s****y must your arguments be against Microsoft buying Activision that you have to hide your own products’ announcements in the hopes you can continue to defraud investigators.

Tired of Sony whining like a petulant, hypocritical little child during this whole ordeal with zero legitimate concerns. It reeks of cowardice and incompetence.

Not to mention, how has Nintendo succeeded without access to Activision exclusives?
You seem to be one of those who believes everything they read on the internet. Go touch some grass
Tyler The Creator Drinking GIF by Interscope Records

I Master l

Banned
Regaredless of the showcase, It seems Sony have a couple of unannounced third party exclusives and they don't want to reveal anything
before Activision Blizzard acquisition investigation is over

YGxFcIc.gif

Tired of reading twatter insiders as the be all and end all of all Sony information, she's chatting out of her ass

Wait for the official announcement. Until then, Sony is doing what it wants. Don't like it? Sony doesn't care

So...Sony is delaying the October show that they had already planned due to an investigation for an acquisition that happened in january already, lmao.

These "insiders" are always amusing. As if 1st party IPs and exclusive games would change any outcome for the Activision acquisition :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Sony has announced 2 exclusive games from 3rd party publishers on their latest State of Play alone...clearly that's not an issue, lol.

Top Bottom