• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where may one find out the potential dates for Sony's next major event? (Updated Poll)

when???

• Total voters

Markio128

Gold Member
You bunch of miserable sods don’t deserve a showcase 😂
Mr Bean No Fun GIF

They're great at what they're doing. You got people chomping at the bit to see their show. You had people going crazy for the God of War Ragnarok release date. You have people arguing about at what price point they want to give you money for your TLOU Part 1 product. It's one hell of a position to be in for a company. Especially with some companies slumping in sales.

If their biggest issue is everyone wanting more and deciding at what price point to throw you money, geez! . . . must be nice.
That's true but doesn't make Sony's greedy actions "A OK"!

CamHostage

Sony Ericsson's been dead for years lol.
People actually brought their phones then somewhat.

Sorry, I mean Sony "Xperia" (or rather the cellphone division of Sony Electronics; I guess the phone division isn't a separate operation and doesn't have a designated name anymore.)

Either way, it's not Sony Interactive Entertainment, the PlayStation subsidiary of Sony Group Corporation.

Last edited:
So presumptuous. GOW will sell well but I mean people can and will skip it. I'm skipping it, my buddy in real life is skipping it, this poster disappointed with next gen turn out may very well skip it. A lot of people on this board seem very unenthused and I'd wager a decent portion will skip it.
People were saying the same thing to those of us complaining about Last of Us Remakes $70 price tag.
This is absolute best example I’ve seen of a first world problem. Get a grip man ffs.
You need to get a grip.

Sony Ericsson's been dead for years lol.

Sorry, I mean Sony "Xperia" (or rather the cellphone division of Sony Electronics; I guess the phone division isn't a separate operation and doesn't have a designated name anymore.)

Either way, it's not Sony Interactive Entertainment, the PlayStation subsidiary of Sony Group Corporation.

Everything gaming related to Sony Xperia has been related to PlayStation since 2010. I doubt they are going to change that now. Especially since they now seem to be consolidating their divisions more to be more effective.

fermcr

The constant rumors of Sony's showcase are actually more exiting then the actual showcase (when it eventually happens).

Last edited:

CamHostage

Everything gaming related to Sony Xperia has been related to PlayStation since 2010. I doubt they are going to change that now. Especially since they now seem to be consolidating their divisions more to be more effective.

Are you talking about the one time they partnered up to release a phone (back when they were Ericsson) or something else besides Xperia Play?

I remember that Sony Electronics and Sony Interactive Entertainment put Remote Play apps on Sony Tabs, and they did that PlayStation Certification program going where you could get PS1 games on a Sony device (I assume that's canceled? both of those programs date back to 2011, around the same time as Xperia Play,) and AFAIK they never brought PlayStation Now to Sony devices (or mobile in general; they did put it on Bravia Smart TVs) but they did intend to at some point. Otherwise I'm not coming up with too many other partnerships PlayStation and Sony Electronics has made on the mobile front. (SIE just made a partnership for an official PlayStation-licensed mobile gaming accessory, and it wasn't though Sony Electronics.) They're separate groups in the Sony conglomeration, and I can think of more recent Sony Music partnerships with PlayStation than I can Sony Electronics, particularly Sony Mobile.

The Xperia gaming campaign has mostly been about streaming and Esports. (They signed up PUBG Mobile to use Sony phones as the "Official Smartphone Partner of PUBG Esports Global Tournaments 2022".) Looking at their announcement wording as well as the teaser clip point to more of that being the focus of this event. It looks to maybe be a phone with triggers (which is becoming common in gamer-oriented cellphones) and maybe an improvement on its streaming/recording/editing features.

So, I mean, I guess it's possible that the Sony Xperia event might have some PlayStation integration (this new phone doesn't appear to have buttons so I doubt it'd be a "PlayStation Edition" device, but it might still happen,) but I personally would not recommend staying up for this Japanese Xperia stream if you only care about PlayStation and not Sony phones...

Helldivers 2 trailer leaking and PSVR2 assures me that something is coming sooner than later. Sony aren’t gonna announce the former outside of a showcase

And theres only two months left to start marketing God of War Ragnarok. They haven’t really started yet which most likely means they are saving teh next big trailer for the showcase

Last edited:

coffinbirth

Helldivers 2 trailer leaking and PSVR2 assures me that something is coming sooner than later. Sony aren’t gonna announce the former outside of a showcase

And theres only two months left to start marketing God of War Ragnarok. They haven’t really started yet which most likely means they are saving teh next big trailer for the showcase

Quantum253

playstation_sjefsynes859_3311643b.jpg

multiple sources suggested that we would get one by now or at the very least an announcement would be made!
It feels like it's been years since the last one
I, for one, am getting tired of this paucity of information on what I can expect from Sony next year

When is it going to be???

Guess you know which sources not to put expectation in now.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Completely possible they don't have anything worth showing right now. SSM is completing GoW, ND is doing whatever it is they're doing with that MP title, Bend is ways off from a reveal, and Spiderman is probably going to be shown at the Marvel event.

tmlDan

Completely possible they don't have anything worth showing right now. SSM is completing GoW, ND is doing whatever it is they're doing with that MP title, Bend is ways off from a reveal, and Spiderman is probably going to be shown at the Marvel event.
They have to have something coming next year tho, I don't think people will just accept ND's MP game all year.

That's true but doesn't make Sony's greedy actions "A OK"!
The market will speak for itself. I'll never be convinced that these two points aren't true:

1. someone that hasn't played TLOU wouldn't find the remake well worth $70
2. Sony expected people that already played TLOU to rush out and get the remake.

No one is making anyone buy anything. That's not being greedy. You don't know what the budget was, and Sony expects less people to buy a remake . . .

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Apparently an insider on resetera has implied no showcase this year.

Cmon Sony.....
I told yall. Showcases are done.

AGAIN, blog posts are the future.

Cancel E3 showings, then cancel appearences at all other shows. Then have your own showcases. Then cancel those.

Less money spent on Marketing period. (look at GOW Ragnarok) (Look at TLOU Part 1, not a single TV ad)

BLOG POSTS BABY. TWITTER. NO MONEY SPENDING. ALL HAIL GAME INFORMER.

The Jim Ryan way :poop::poop::poop::poop:

Last edited:

H . R . 2

The market will speak for itself. I'll never be convinced that these two points aren't true:

1. someone that hasn't played TLOU wouldn't find the remake well worth $70
2. Sony expected people that already played TLOU to rush out and get the remake.

No one is making anyone buy anything. That's not being greedy. You don't know what the budget was, and Sony expects less people to buy a remake . . .

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

what's your beef with affirmative sentences? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:
Top Bottom