• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why am I seeing so many people say they are liking TOTK even though they didnt like BOTW?

Don't understand it either. Like it's clearly a sequel and I don't feel much has changed. Puzzles are still amazing, exploration is dope, but combat feels like its out of 98'. To hate BoTW but love ToTK or vice versa is just odd to me.

I do enjoy both, but wish traditional dungeons would return, they're still not good in ToTK. Hell getting to the dungeons is 1000% more satisfying than the dungeons themselves

daveonezero

Banned
TotK has more interesting abilities and story and overal more varied content. It still some of the same flaws of BotW, specially the combat that still sucks ass.
I disagree. I just took out a Bokoblin mob ambush style as they walked down a valley. Muddle bud the big guy. Rained fire down on the whole line. Including 2 armored black Bokoblin.

Was it a challenge? Not really but I was still in danger with 3 Bokoblin attacking me at the same time after I landed. if I missed a dodge I would have died.

Was it cool yes. And plus’s with the new fuse system I get a bunch of things plus all the materials the little guys were carrying.

It’s not complex as an action game but it is more like a prepare and make your attacks efficient type of thing. I understand if you aren’t into it but killing things efficiently is depth for me. And with all the new tools there is a lot of debts.

Marvel14

Banned
"More" as in a direct evolution that is distinctly like BOTW, yes.

When you say things like "The building mechanics are completely absent from BOTW"... okay, but you use that power to solve physics puzzles in a way directly evolved from the setup with your special powers in BOTW. Using fuse + rewind time on some puzzle is directly in line with the previous game's shrines where you use stasis + magnet, or some other combination.

It's clearly an amplified sequel that doubles down on every innovation of BOTW and goes forward in that same direction. So it's very reasonable to raise an eyebrow when detractors of the previous game act if is this one is a new category rather than a brilliant continuation of the last game's strategic bets.
Still disagree that this is just a like for like continuation. The building mechanics change the gameplay, fuse changes weapon degradation and resource collecting and the value of combat, there are many different sidequests, the depths and sky gameplay are markedly different than on land.

There are more enemy types and more complex rewards. There is more variety in activities and in playing styles. There is a deeper more linear story and playthrough approach for those who need it.

For all these reasons and more this game is much easier to like than BOTW ( which I too loved)

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
thats good to know, a question with cooking stuff is it just pot luck what you get. also what do you do with the animal parts and ember and the opals and stuff you collect ?
It’s not random but it is a bit trial and error initially. Once you’ve made something that recipe is saved. You can either go to the item you’ve used in the menu and pick ‘select for recipe’ to see recipes that use that item in order to make more of the same meal or go to the the meal in the food menu and press Y (I think) to scroll through your known recipes.

There are usually pictures of recipes hanging inside stables/houses and if you talk to NPC’s they’ll often mention/suggest a recipe so I guess that’s mainly how you find them outside of experimenting yourself.

Animal parts can be cooked. Minerals can be fused to arrows or weapons to make some really strong stuff (or to protect you from heat/cold if you don’t have the gear for that yet), although I’d recommend saving them since they have a high resell value and you’re going to want rupees down the line.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
"It's all more BOTW" is a weird statement I agree.

The building mechanics are completely absent from BOTW, as are the Temples (and the challenge of getting to them), as is the new approach to managing weapons and using resources with fuse as are the caves and the new enemy types and the three different areas...and I'm not going to mention all of the changes.

No one is denying that TOTK builds on BOTW as its core foundation. But to say its just "more of it" is pretty bizarre. There are many things that make it different. Yes it is an evolution...but that is precisely why its not just "more BOTW" .

That would be more Divine Beasts, new map areas where you do the same things, the same style shrines using the same mechanics but with updated puzzles etc..
I'd put it like you can play TOTK as you played BOTW, but why would you do that if the game own new mechanics and style are way more agile, quick, etc... You can just "cheat" your way through a distant point by building some type of vehicles, using a tower to fall from sky or a falling rock to do the same, etc etc.

TOTK has so much more content and plays differently enough that they didn't even need to build on top of BOTW foundation at all, not even the map is actually the same because it's so changed in so many ways it doesn't feel the same map to be at many same locations most of the time.

Remove BOTW stuff from TOTK and you'll still have a full game very well packed... They clearly didn't save much time and budget with this sequel, not enough to justify the reuse of content, it seems more of a marketing or artistic decision than anything for those who have played it, that's probably why do many people that didn't like BOTW are loving it

Lethal01

I disagree. I just took out a Bokoblin mob ambush style as they walked down a valley. Muddle bud the big guy. Rained fire down on the whole line. Including 2 armored black Bokoblin.

Was it a challenge? Not really but I was still in danger with 3 Bokoblin attacking me at the same time after I landed. if I missed a dodge I would have died.

Was it cool yes. And plus’s with the new fuse system I get a bunch of things plus all the materials the little guys were carrying.

It’s not complex as an action game but it is more like a prepare and make your attacks efficient type of thing. I understand if you aren’t into it but killing things efficiently is depth for me. And with all the new tools there is a lot of debts.

This I can get behind, it's fun to use the systems of the games to interact with the enemies.
I personally think that it would be great if they upgraded the base melee combat in addition to all those system

But right now It's less "this combat is really good" and more
"lemme show an acorn up this things ass and see what happens"😂

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
It's a few jump attacks (which only work in 0.5% of the game due to low gravity) and some slow motion shooting.
It's as basic as it gets.?
lol what in tarnation get righttttttt outta town

He fused a rocket to his shield surfed on it and then reversed time this is not "low gravities"

Play the game so you knows what your talking about holy cruds I gots 275 hours Nintendos made skills ceiling for combat for pros

Fools idol

Banned
I'm one of them... didn't fall for BotW like most did but appreciated it was a good game.

I think this time around the whole thing is alot more polished, structured, and the tools you are given give a lot more freedom to play your own way. The darker theme also helps as it makes the world feel a bit less child-like.

I am also playing it with my 4 year old in tow and shes loving it just as much.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
"which only work in 0.5% of the game due to low gravity"

chris-farley-laugh.gif

People who never played the game making Zelda science fictions

Lethal01

lol what in tarnation get righttttttt outta town

He fused a rocket to his shield surfed on it and then reversed time this is not "low gravities"

Play the game so you knows what your talking about holy cruds I gots 275 hours Nintendos made skills ceiling for combat for pros

I had 100 hours in this game before it was even out, The rocket shield is also something that only works that well due to the low gravity which is only a thing in a tiny handful of specific areas, I know this since it was one of the first things I tried since I was excited by the idea but in the game it's pretty useless, it's much like those jump attacks that have their range extended by maybe 4x or more.
Additionally you can't just jump straight into slow motion bows.

Again, this is a neat clip and even if I were to agree that it showed off impressive combat it wouldn't really matter since nothing in it can be done for the other 99% of the game.

Rewind is cool though, notice that I said nothing against it's use here.

And since we are on combat, just a daily reminder, the lock on sucks and since it's tied to the dodge and block system those suck as well so the implementation of several of the most basic combat techniques are mediocre. 😂

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I had 100 hours in this game before it was even out, The rocket shield is also something that only works that well due to the low gravity which is only a thing in a tiny handful of specific areas, I know this since it was one of the first things I tried since I was excited by the idea but in the game it's pretty useless, it's much like those jump attacks that have their range extended by maybe 4x or more.

Again, this is a neat clip and even if I were to agree that it showed off impressive combat it wouldn't really matter since nothing in it can be done for the other 99% of the game.

And since we are on it just a reminder, the lock on sucks and since it's tied to the dodge and block system those kind suck as well so a big part of the game most basic combat techniques are mediocre. 😂

The rocket shield works everywhere and there is no low gravity in this game wtf?

Why would you says the combat from the clip is simple and then ignores the most crazy thing he dids?

Fl8x.gif

Last edited:

Lethal01

The rocket shield works everywhere and there is no low gravity in this game wtf?

Yeah, and you can jump without low gravity too... But in low gravity you go 4x higher with even more airtime.
SO again, the things done in this video just can't be done outside of this tiny segment of the game.

You can't hit an enemy mid air just by jumping and attack, you can't backflip into a rocket shield to then get propelled forward you don't even go high enough to activate it before you hit the ground, you can't just jump at an enemy pull your bow out and start shooting several arrows mid air in slow-mo, you don't' go high enough, even if you use a wing shield to get the air time you don't go high enough for more than a single shot or two, you can't just propel yourself 10feet up out of nowhere using a rocket shield surface, in normal gravity all that will happen is it will slide you across the ground. even if you manage to activate it in air you will still probably hit the ground long before you get to the enemy.

I'd love if the rocket shield was as cool as this video tries to make it but it's not.

And even if it were you'd still have to deal with the terrible lock,block, dodge and lag after tons of attacks unless you shield swap to cancel.

So yeah, maybe if you were a real fan of the game you might be able to see it's flaws😂

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news

And since we are on combat, just a daily reminder, the lock on sucks and since it's tied to the dodge and block system those suck as well so the implementation of several of the most basic combat techniques are mediocre. 😂
You can use the rocket shields to get airborne everywhere to get arrow slo mo it has nothing to do with "low gravity area"

Lethal01

You can use the rocket shields to get airborne everywhere to get arrow slo mo it has nothing to do with "low gravity area"
Again, yes, the rocket propels you forward and yes, you can do jump attacks anywhere, but the low gravity increases the range and height of these things by atleast 4x. The height and range you normally get from these things is absolutely microscopic compared to what's done in this video.

You can't just rocket shield and then pummel the enemy with a barrage of arrows or launch yourself 10 feet into the air into a jump attack. This is simply the worst video you could sue to make an argument for the games combat

Bro have you evens played this game what the crud?

Start with BOTW firsts so you gets the combat basics

You... literally just posted a video for a mod, demonstrating things that you can't normally do in the game, but I'M the one who doesn't know what they're talking about...

"This CEMU Mod will allow you to cast slowmotion bow from any height, so you just need to jump and press R to use "

Nothing I say now could possible undermine your argument more than you just did, thank you for saving us all the trouble😂

Last edited:

GymWolf

Again, yes, the rocket propels you forward and yes, you can do jump attacks anywhere, but the low gravity increases the range and height of these things by atleast 4x. The height and range you normally get from these things is absolutely microscopic compared to what's done in this video.

You can't just rocket shield and then pummel the enemy with a barrage of arrows or launch yourself 10 feet into the air into a jump attack. This is simply the worst video you could sue to make an argument for the games combat

You... literally just posted a video for a mod, demonstrating things that you can't normally do in the game...

"This CEMU Mod will allow you to cast slowmotion bow from any height, so you just need to jump and press R to use "

Nothing I say now could possible undermine your argument more than you just did, thank you for saving us all the trouble😂
Not sure if you are talking about this, but if you fuse the eagle shaped zonai device to a shield and do the button combo to shield glide you get high enough to do bow bullet time everywhere.

I don't use it because it make fights even more braindead but you can actually do that move everywhere (of course you don't go very high but enough to stunlock everyone with ease)

Again, not sure if you were talking about that.

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news

You... literally just posted a video for a mod, demonstrating things that you can't normally do in the game, but I'M the one who doesn't know what they're talking about...

Wrong video my bads I didn't even watch it

heres another one

learn how to plays the game

Lethal01

Not sure if you are talking about this, but if you fuse the eagle shaped glider to a shield and do the button combo to shield glide you get high enough to do bow bullet time everywhere.

I don't use it because it make fights even more braindead but you can actually do that move everywhere.

Even if you use a wing shield to get the air time you don't go high enough for more than a single shot or two,
Yeah you can do it, but not off a normal jump and not nearly enough to shoot off as many arrows this guy does. my point here is that this video exaggerates every aspect of the combat.

Wrong video my bads I didn't even watch it

heres another one

learn how to plays the game

You're trying so hard and failing even harder

Does that video look ANYTHING like "JUST JUMPING STRAIGHT INTO SLOW MOTION BULLET TIME".
Next you are gonna post the glitch that lets you flurry rush anytime too.

You are only doing more and more to showcase that this is not anything close to an example of normal gameplay that showcases how the battle system works.😂

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Yeah you can do it, but not off a normal jump and not nearly enough to shoot off as many arrows this guy does. my point here is that this video exaggerates every aspect of the combat.

You're trying so hard and failing even harder

Does that video look ANYTHING like "JUST JUMPING STRAIGHT INTO SLOW MOTION BULLET TIME".
Next you are gonna post the glitch that lets you flurry rush anytime too.

You are only doing more and more to showcase that this is not anything close to an example of normal gameplay that showcases how the battle system works.😂
You said

I just posted a video without mods that shows you a bunch of ways to get straight into bullet time

"low gravity" lol

GymWolf

I think you can actually do the eagle glider fused to a shield trick even from a normal jump, i only tried like once 40 hours ago so i may be confused.

Last edited:

Lethal01

I just posted a video without mods that shows you a bunch of ways to get straight into bullet time
No, literally none of the methods shown let you
just jump straight into slow motion

Which happens in the video several times, the guy simply jump, and starts shooting in bullet time.
No need to block an attack midair then immediately cancel into a backflip.
No need to drop an item from the menu while shield surfing.
No need to shield surf onto a bomb.

He simply just
jumps straight into slow motion

Something only possible due to the low gravity, no set up, no nothing. Guess what, you can also activate bullet time by climbing up a tree and then jumping off. This is not just

jumping straight into slow motion

But I'll assume you don't have mental handicap and atleast have enough brain matter to realize how wrong you are and are simply choosing to pretend to be this idiotic for a laugh.

I think you can actually do the eagle glider fused to a shield trick even from a normal jump, i only tried like 40 hours once so i may be confused.
Nah, doesn't work like that. got the game open right now. you gotta shield surf

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I think you can actually do the eagle glider fused to a shield trick even from a normal jump, i only tried like 40 hours once so i may be confused.
Nopes there's not a bunch of different ways to easily get into shield time you can only get into shield time in the "low gravity" areas:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Lethal01

Nopes there's not a bunch of different ways to easily get into shield time you can only get into shield time in the "low gravity" areas:messenger_tears_of_joy:

1. What he mentioned just doesn't work at all.

2. There are tons of easy way to easily get into bullet time, you can for example hold a rocket shield infront of you get propelled up and then start shooting, This is not "just jumping" which is the point, we are not taling about easy methods to activate bullet time, we are talking about where you can just jump and activate it at any time like what happens in the video. you need a way to get enough distance between you and the ground for it to activate, which does not happen when you just jump on a flat surface.

The only way to have the ability to jump, pull out your bow and activate slow mo at any time with no additional stuff is to be in the low gravity area.😂

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
1. What he mentioned just doesn't work at all.

2. There are tons of easy way to easily get into bullet time, you can for example hold a rocket shield infront of you get propelled up and then start shooting, This is not "just jumping" which is the point, we are not taling about easy methods to activate bullet time, we are talking about where you can just jump and activate it at any time like what happens in the video. you need a way to get enough distance between you and the ground for it to activate, which does not happen when you just jump on a flat surface.

The only way to have the ability to jump, pull out your bow and activate slow mo at any time with no additional stuff is to be in the low gravity area.😂
If you don't wants to use one of the many ways to gets into shield time that requires some skill, thoughts or resources whatarchu complaining bout?

If the made slow mo that easy to get into it would break the combats.

Your arguements makes no senses.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Combats is WAY harder in TOTK than BOTW in the open worlds lotsa people are complaining about the difficulty even Souls fans

GymWolf

Combats is WAY harder in TOTK than BOTW in the open worlds lotsa people are complaining about the difficulty even Souls fans

Casual gamer literally on the title...

Dude, it's ok if you are having hard times, but not everyone has your level of skill.

Enemies hitting like trucks, the lockon being shit and not having a proper dodge are usually the only reason why i die in this game, not because enemies are hard to deal with.

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Casual gamer literally on the title...
Read the comments this is some purdy good advice as well:

So I really love tough games like the souls games, elden ring, etc and I find this game hard as well.
I think you really have to approach the combat differently at first. Utilize your inventory and attach stuff to arrows, shields, swords, etc. They make you do a lot more damage. Craft armor boosting and attack boosting meals/elixers. Hunt down more shrines for more heart pieces. I think the game was designed with approaching situations by preparing first. The beginning of BOTW was tough at first too. I also found that if you follow the suggested progression of the game it leads you on a pretty good path that's appropriately difficult.

GymWolf

Read the comments this is some purdy good advice as well:

So I really love tough games like the souls games, elden ring, etc and I find this game hard as well.
I think you really have to approach the combat differently at first. Utilize your inventory and attach stuff to arrows, shields, swords, etc. They make you do a lot more damage. Craft armor boosting and attack boosting meals/elixers. Hunt down more shrines for more heart pieces. I think the game was designed with approaching situations by preparing first. The beginning of BOTW was tough at first too. I also found that if you follow the suggested progression of the game it leads you on a pretty good path that's appropriately difficult.
I think the game is too easy if anything, maybe i wasn't clear.

Stuff like er, ragnarock or horizon are on another universe of challenge on max difficulty.

Lethal01

If the made slow mo that easy to get into it would break the combats.
Agreed, the point here is that in that twitter video you posted you can, and thus that twitter video doesn't no represent how good or bad the combat is, because it showcases things you can only do in LOW GRAVITY AREAS. It doesn't make sense to go "THIS COMBAT IS INCREDIBLE" while looking at a video of things that you can't actually do for 99% of the game.

Anyway all that aside, again, the real problem with the combat system is the terrible lock on which drags down the block and dodge system making the most basic aspects of it feel bad despite how easy it is. Link is also super sluggish, stiff and laggy, no aerial maneurability etc.
It doesn't really make it challenges since you can still pretty easily go into slowmo at any moment and just headshot everything or just keep flurry rushing until everything is dead but it just several limits the cools stuff you could do even considering the few options you have in combat.

I say make Link faster fix the lock and then give enemies that are actually a challenge with all that.

But this is a game that really needs to be beatable by 10 year olds so maybe not.

What's hard is managing to find a challenge in tears of the kingdom. the second you start doing anything aside from charging in naked you become an unbeatable god.
Use the flurry rush? everything dies.
Prepare some food? you can't die
Use a smoke screen? You can sneak up on everything, everything dies
Use a muddleblue? the enemies kill each other for you.
Use ice or electricity? everything is stunned and can't attack.
Use parry? okay tbf parry is pretty shit and just straight up feels bad to use.

Perhaps you could find a challenge from letting yourself get surrounded by enemies and then dodging and parrying them all.. but alas the block and dodge system aren't really made well enough to handle that.

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I think the game is too easy if anything, maybe i wasn't clear.

Stuff like er, ragnarock or horizon are on another universe of challenge on max difficulty.
I find Ragnorock and Horizon combat A LOT easier and more one dimensionals if you don't cheese out with a bunch of potions fairies or bomb arrows in TOTK

So much more options in combats as well

Kabelly

The thing I miss from BOTW compared to TOTK is dedicated ice arrows and other elements. It's soooo tedious sifting through a million items for Fuse. Fuse is a great and fun ability but moment to moment combat with the bow is ugly.

Zelda's combat could be so good if they just added a few quick items loadouts to change quickly between instead of it's slow menu freezing select-athon.

Spaceman292

Banned
I'm gonna be real you need to have put some major hours to have the resources to actually utilize the new stuff to make something worthy of actual environment traversal.
What's wrong with that? It's in the game. Just because you don't get all the new shit right away means you just pretend it doesn't exist?

mcjmetroid

Try looking at it in reverse. There's a Zelda game I like called Tears of the Kingdom, but I don't like the beta/early access version.

Imagine a version of OOT that gave us all the insane work in the game engine, blowing you away with Hyrule Field and playing notes on ocarina, and innovations like Z-targeting, but only had one dungeon. That's BOTW, it's a proof-of-concept Zelda framework with stuff copy/pasted all over.

Fact is Tears of the Kingdom is a masterpiece but they sold its beta 30 million times for 6 years before giving it to us. As a result you can see TOTK as "taking too much" from BOTW, actually you should be happy they finished the game and put it out before changing the formula, beause BOTW's formula absolutely deserved more.

I did put over 100 hours into BOTW but I'm glad I never tried again to finish it while waiting for this game. TOTK is a lot better if you didn't play BOTW recently, if you've never played it there is little reason to go back.

Many of us liked what BOTW had going on, really Nintendo put more work into creating the framework in BOTW than most entire games get, and their situation releasing it on dead Wii U and fledging Switch as launch title meant it was probably the right business decision to get it out the door, and use the luxury of time/profits from 30 million early access sales to finish it later.
I wouldn't be AS harsh on the original game. It's still a 9/10 experience but yes for me something was always missing and I agree.

GymWolf

Didn't yesterdays you said you only saw one Lynel in TOTK? :lollipop_grinning_sweat: I'll tells you whats post a vids of you taking down an armoured Lynels with parries and post in the OT then we'll talks
Its one enemy dude, i said already that the 3 headed dragon and the lynel are the only decent enemies i fought, it was more like 3/4 days ago and after i asked here where to find one, i fought one the next time i played the game.

One rare enemy is not gonna make me change idea, if that's enough for you, then you have extremely low standards, this is an open world, not a 10 hours game, you should have more enemies like the lynels, they were the only decent enemy in botw and it's the same here.

And the fact that you asked proof for that specific enemy tells me that you know that i'm right and the other 99% of enemies and bosses are trash in term of challenge or movesets.

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Its one enemy dude, i said already that the 3 headed dragon and the lynel are the only decent enemies i fought, it was more like 3/4 days ago and after i asked here where to find one, i fought one the next time i played the game.

One rare enemy is not gonna make me change idea.

And the fact that you asked proof for that specific enemy tells me that you know that i'm right and the other 99% of enemies and bosses are trash in term of challenge or movesets.
:messenger_tears_of_joy:I'm only saysing Lynels because they're in BOTW and I don't want to spoilers you haven't even foughts real enemies my friends

Even the weakest bogoblins one shotted the crud outta me until I got leveled up

bets you can't even parry your the bomb arrow guy

eNT1TY

Some people can't stand cheese pizza but love pepperoni pizza. They're both pizza, dafuq is that about?

GymWolf

:messenger_tears_of_joy:I'm only saysing Lynels because they're in BOTW and I don't want to spoilers you haven't even foughts real enemies my friends

Even the weakest bogoblins one shotted the crud outta me until I got leveled up

bets you can't even parry your the bomb arrow guy

I fought most of the enemies the game has to offer except the final boss, and i already said that hitting like trucks is their only redeeming quality, i also die when i'm distracted or when i'm experimenting with wacky way to kill them, if you are so shit to get constantly hit by their basic ass moveset when you are serious it's more on you than the game.

And i'm not sure why you think that i only use bomb arrows, is it because i helped other people in the ot? lol, that's how a forum work dude, you share informations.

And tbh, after your last 500 posts about the freedom of this game, you don't get to tell others how to fight, it's not the player job to balance the game, if you have to only fight with parries to have a bit of challenge, this only add to my argument that the game is not very hard unless you handicap yourself.
You don't have to handicap yourself in the games i mentioned to have a real challenge.

Just for your information, EviLore EviLore said that the game is on the easier side, maybe you think he is an hater or a troll or that he only use bombs...
I'm still enjoying the game even with some shortcomings, none of the games i mentioned are perfect or better than tokt, they just have different strong points.

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
And tbh, after your last 500 posts about the freedom of this game, you don't get to tell others how to fight, it's not the player job to balance the game, if you have to only fight with parries to have a bit of challenge, this only add to my argument that the game is not very hard unless you handicap yourself.
You don't have to handicap yourself in the games i mentioned to have a real challenge.
Parry is an advantage for skilled players against skilled enemies not a handicaps.

Once you start hunting higher level enemies and gains skills in the open world you'll sees.
I fought most of the enemies the game has to offer except the final boss, and i already said that hitting like trucks is their only redeeming quality, i also die when i'm distracted or when i'm experimenting with wacky way to kill them, if you are so shit to get constantly hit by their basic ass moveset when you are serious it's more on you than the game.
VERY easy to gets one shot by someone in a mob of even weaker enemies in the open world half the players online are complaining about this.

If you only foughts one Lynel you haven't close to fought all enemies in the games. Even the different enemies types comes in different colors, armor, gloom, and some are much tougher than the other.
the game is on the easier side
The shrines and the temples are fun but easy like they're supposed to bees.

The open world has by far higher skill caps for pro levels gamers depending on wheres you go

Last edited:

Skelterz

I’m of the opinion that playing TOTK has made it almost impossible to go back to BOTW tbh it’s so much better with so many more features it’s almost a joke.

GymWolf

Parry is an advantage for skilled players against skilled enemies not a handicaps.

Once you start hunting higher level enemies and gains skills in the open world you'll sees.

VERY easy to gets one shot by someone in a mob of even weaker enemies in the open world half the players online are complaining about this.

If you only foughts one Lynel you haven't close to fought all enemies in the games. Even the different enemies types comes in different colors, armor, gloom, and some are much tougher than the other.

The shrines and the temples are fun but easy like they're supposed to bees.

The open world has by far higher skill caps for pro levels gamers depending on wheres you go
I don't enjoy the parry playstyle, i'm not very good at it, and this is the same with every game i play, i only enjoyed the system in sekiro and a couple of other games, i usually fight like i fight in souls or other action games.

I explored the whole map dude and half of the depth, i already fought all the enemy types of the various colors, i already fough:

The hinox
skeletor hinox
the big frogs in the depth
the hands with ghost ganon
One of the 3 headed dragons
all the type of boglins and subspecies
the worms
the desert monster
the 4 boss shrines
multiple robot bosses (made of blocks)
completed the higa clan sidequest and fought their boss 3 or 4 times

i probably miss some lynels types in the depth arena and if i remember well they have different moves when they change colors, so there is at least that.
i'm almost at the end of the game dude.

The coloured variants only have more life and hit harder, their moveset is the same basic of the other ones.

There is nothing hard in bashing the white enemies with the same 4 hits combo, knock em down and repeat 20 times while they can do jack shit to even respond, substitute the 4 hit combo with an headshot for the largest enemies and you have the same result, you even have various methods to left out the skill needed to aim for the head between arrow attachment and bullet time.

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned
I don't enjoy the parry playstyle, i'm not very good at it, and this is the same with every game i play, i only enjoyed the system in sekiro and a couple of other games, i usually fight like i fight in souls or other action games.

I explored the whole map dude and half of the depth, i already fought all the enemy types of the various colors, i already fough:

The hinox
skeletor hinox
the big frogs in the depth
the hands with ghost ganon
One of the 3 headed dragons
all the type of boglins and subspecies
the worms
the desert monster
the 4 boss shrines
multiple robot bosses (made of blocks)
completed the higa clan sidequest and fought their boss 3 or 4 times

i probably miss some lynels types in the depth arena and if i remember well they have different moves when they change colors, so there is at least that.
i'm almost at the end of the game dude.

The coloured variants only have more life and hit harder, their moveset is the same basic of the other ones.

There is nothing hard in bashing the white enemies with the same 4 hits combo, knock em down and repeat 20 times while they can do jack shit to even respond, substitute the 4 hit combo with an headshot for the largest enemies and you have the same result, you even have various methods to left out the skill needed to aim for the head between arrow attachment and bullet time.
The combat is as boring as you make it.

Hitting enemies with a combo and not actually using the resources you have makes that way of fighting very inefficient.

It isn’t difficult because of the enemies or the complexity of actions but you have to admit there are levels annd depth to how flashy or efficient a player wants to be. Using those options and skills is more efficient resource wise and not so boring.

Top Bottom