• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why don't people who hate 30fps get a PC already

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Oh I fucking HATE this level of arrogance and entitlement. PC jackasses think the world revolves around them.

OK, here is why people don't just "get a PC"
1. They're considerably more expensive than most. As of today a competent PC costs around $1000 to build. That is considerably more expensive than a $500 console OR a $300 XSS.
2. They're intimidating. Its easy for PC jackasses who have years of experience to run games effectively who know what they're doing, but someone who is a novice its not so clear cut and dry
3. People don't want to deal with things like driver updates/maintenance.
4. You know that when you put in a disc and/or download a game it will work and be playable (Cyberpunk on last gen is a rare exception). That reason alone drives people to consoles.
5. Troubleshooting is a PAIN in the ass. A PC is Great when it runs and works, but the second you get crashes, blue screens it can become a nightmare real quick and most solutions require more than just googling.

Realize the world doesn't revolve around you. A PC isn't very difficult to use, but there is a learning curve.
You have awoken the PC Chad.
Man Body GIF

Swift_Star

Banned
Not on br,

or poland from what i've checked.
A decent pc on BR, assuming you’re saying brasil, it’s easily R$15k. More than 3x the price of a disc ps5. It’s extremely more expensive than a XSS, also more expensive than a XSX.
Really. It’s not worth it.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
pc gamers have to accept that consoles offer more CxB than PCs, it’s just a fact.
Sure, you must value those high end framerates, resolutions and settings, I mean, you do you. But in the end, the games you’re playing are the same console gamers are playing and on console the experience is optimized for that machine.
Most people are fine with either 30 or 60fps.
Those with 120Hz screens are having a new 40fps mode available for them.
It is what it is, people.
You won’t convince console players that they should pay 3x more for a pc just to get high end settings and framerate because in the end, this doesn’t aggregate a lot of value to these people.
Be happy that you paid what you paid for your pc and play with whatever setting you want to but stop being smug about it and trying to justify your purchase. Be happy with your investment.
It does not, and it's not a fact. Already explained a lot of times in a lot of threads.

Swift_Star

Banned
nop, you can buy or build a next gen pc around here for R$8k, while a ps5 DE currently costs around R$6k.
No, you can’t, a ps5 DE is barely 4K. Stop lying and using non official channels. I live here, this won’t fly with me. The GPU alone costs more than a XSS.

yamaci17

But who wants to build a next gen pc with so many cut backs?
You don’t get a pc to match a console.
there it is, your warped perspective to PCs

some people prefer PCs because of its advantages REGARDLESS of its power, price, or price/performance ratio. you don't or can't even comprehend that. some people even build PCs with a rtx 2060super at 1080p that is easily under the power of series x/ps5 but they will be MORE happy with their PC because their preferred way of gaming is more fun for THEM on PC

why can't you really comprehend that? what is the problem with you?

YOU are the one ONE who wants to "overachieve consoles, get 2 times fidelity bla bla". this is YOUR problem.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

No, you can’t, a ps5 DE is barely 4K. Stop lying and using non official channels. I live here, this won’t fly with me. The GPU alone costs more than a XSS.
I also live here. From what i've checked around its costing 6k nowadays, it cost 4k at some point, but haven't seen that price recently.
Meanwhile you can get a rtx 3060 ti for around 3.3k and a good matching cpu for 1k, i'm always checking these prices.

EDIT: checking right now online, best price i've found for a ps5 DE is around 5k. 3060 ti is slighlty more expensive than last time and is around 3.5-4k, but you can get a normal rtx 3060 12g for 3k, so point stands.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
there it is, your warped perspective to PCs

some people prefer PCs because of its advantages REGARDLESS of its power, price, or price/performance ratio. you don't or can't even comprehend that. some people even build PCs with a rtx 2060super at 1080p that is easily under the power of series x/ps5 but they will be MORE happy with their PC because their preferred way of gaming is more fun for THEM on PC

why can't you really comprehend that? what is the problem with you?
We are talking about gaming here.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
pc gamers have to accept that consoles offer more CxB than PCs, it’s just a fact.
CxB? Sorry, ESL here. I guess you mean consoles can play the same games for less money, which is a better price/value proposition. Yes it maybe is, but only when it comes to gaming, and a PC can do much more than that.
And I said maybe because there's not only the system price. Games and online fees also have a price, and those are much higher than on PC.
Sure, you must value those high end framerates, resolutions and settings, I mean, you do you. But in the end, the games you’re playing are the same console gamers are playing and on console the experience is optimized for that machine.
I don't care about most people. I care about me, and me likes the best I can get. No reason to play the latest games at 30fps when I can have 60, or even 144, and without having to resort to performance modes.
And no, I really don't think we are playing the same games. Framerates affect gameplay, and graphic settings affect the art design put into the game.
Fine for them. Haven't tried 40fps myself on that kind of setup but I'm glad you are getting smoother experiences out of it.
Sure is.
You won’t convince console players that they should pay 3x more for a pc just to get high end settings and framerate because in the end, this doesn’t aggregate a lot of value to these people.
I don't mean to. Anyone is free to play however they want. But just as there is people that doesn't see value on higher framerates and better graphics, there's also people who does. We should stop using the "but most people..." argument, it's pointless imo.
Be happy that you paid what you paid for your pc and play with whatever setting you want to but stop being smug about it and trying to justify your purchase. Be happy with your investment.
I'm happy, but I'll keep on being a little bit (respectfully) smug. :lollipop_tongue:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I did! Then my turd kid took it. So I built another and the other turd kid took that one! I’m kidding, I built them for them to use.

I’d like to pc game but the ps5 is just easier to jump into for me. It’s good enough performance wise, was relatively cheap, and it’s easier to use.

yamaci17

We are talking about gaming here.
so what? rtx 2060super can provide 1440p/60 fps on RDR 2 (or 4k+dlss perf + 60 fps) you're stuck to playing 4k/30 fps on a series x or weird checkerboarded 4k on ps5.

you can get 1080p/120 in many games with a 2060super. ps5/xbox sx simply won't allow you to use that power unless developer specifically patches their game. and that gpu is just underpowered.

some people do not care about resolutions. a rtx 2060 super at 1080p will roughly match the performance of a xbox sx that is trying to the same thing at 4k. problem is that most games do not give you the option.

take forza 5 for example, it runs at a 1800-2160p/60p fps in its performance. there's no 1080p/1440p mode that you can maybe push more settings, or higher framerates.

you can get a equivalent hardware and push higher settings at 1440p as opposed to the console. this is the problematic console mindset where you're simply forced into the vision of game's developers.

you're the one who says "hurr durr we must criticize stuff so it must become better or it will stagnate hurr durr". we criticize consoles for having very fixed, limited settings, and you defend it, saying that it is fine the way it is, and does not need to be complicated. why? a user with 1080p/1440p screen can play fh5 with higher settings/framerates on a 3060ti on PC, if you have a sx you're limited to what PGG envisioned for xbox sx version. and when I tell you, some of you folk will come out saying monitors and 1080p/1440p is not meant for consoles and it should be used with a 4k TV or whatsoever (i know that you're one such person that thinks that way) this is just a sick, deluded mindset. you simply hate on the idea of people having higher framerates at lower resolution targets / higher fidelity settings. you simply want your "console experience" to be exclusive to you and no other people to get a different, better experience in terms of other aspects. like frame rate, settings, ray tracing, and many more. you will downplay frame rate, you will downplay ray tracing, you will downplay high settings, you will downplay whatever PCs and GPUs stand for and has the capability of it. you will downplay monitors because a 1440p monitor is perfect but no, you have your own perfect experience on your overly expensive 4k TV, so people who prefer 1440p/high framerate are bad and they should be abolished and use a 4K TV instead. this is why people like you will fight against the idea of more mods, idea of PCs giving you more choices. because to you, those choices are meaningless regardless. for you, getting 1440p/120 in a game is pointless. so you don't even want it on consoles. same goes for the 30 fps/60 fps stuff. if a game were to have a 4k/30 fps only mode, you would talk about how 1440p/60 fps is a big compromise and console is the best way to play. because when such a thing happens (and it will happen), console equivalent hardware or maybe worse hardware will be able to get 1080p 60/1440p 60 fps with tweaked settings and lower resolution. and that hurts you. people enjoying higher and smoother framerates also hurts you. this is what you are. gtx 1060 is a tad bit weaker than xbox one x, yet it runs rdr 2 at 1080p/60 fps with adjusted console settings. on xbox one x, you're limited to 4k 30 fps. i bet you will hate on the 1060 PC, downplaying the smoother framerate, or long shadows that you can enable for very cheap that adds a lot to the shadows' realism in that game, or 16x AF that is clearly observeable on a monitor, but of course not on a TV, therefore its also a moot point for your warped perspective.

the idea of a 5600x/3070 pc potentially running a game 1440p/60 fps with tad bit higher settings while xbox sx/ps5 is forced to play 4k/30 fps hurts you so much that you will go the lenghts of making 2k buck pc look like you're paying for a bugatti veyron and it sucks all the economical freedom to you have. you create mythical stories, before even such an event occured, (it actually occurs in the case of 60/120 fps), about drivers, crashes and how your "experience" was bad

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
so what? rtx 2060super can provide 1440p/60 fps on RDR 2 (or 4k+dlss perf + 60 fps) you're stuck to playing 4k/30 fps on a series x or weird checkerboarded 4k on ps5.

you can get 1080p/120 in many games with a 2060super. ps5/xbox sx simply won't allow you to use that power unless developer specifically patches their game. and that gpu is just underpowered.

some people do not care about resolutions. a rtx 2060 super at 1080p will roughly match the performance of a xbox sx that is trying to the same thing at 4k. problem is that most games do not give you the option.

take forza 5 for example, it runs at a 1800-2160p/60p fps in its performance. there's no 1080p/1440p mode that you can maybe push more settings, or higher framerates.

you can get a equivalent hardware and push higher settings at 1440p as opposed to the console. this is the problematic console mindset where you're simply forced into the vision of game's developers.

you're the one who says "hurr durr we must criticize stuff so it must become better or it will stagnate hurr durr". we criticize consoles for having very fixed, limited settings, and you defend it, saying that it is fine the way it is, and does not need to be complicated. why? a user with 1080p/1440p screen can play fh5 with higher settings/framerates on a 3060ti on PC, if you have a sx you're limited to what PGG envisioned for xbox sx version. and when I tell you, some of you folk will come out saying monitors and 1080p/1440p is not meant for consoles and it should be used with a 4k TV or whatsoever (i know that you're one such person that thinks that way) this is just a sick, deluded mindset. you simply hate on the idea of people having higher framerates at lower resolution targets / higher fidelity settings. you simply want your "console experience" to be exclusive to you and no other people to get a different, better experience in terms of other aspects. like frame rate, settings, ray tracing, and many more. you will downplay frame rate, you will downplay ray tracing, you will downplay high settings, you will downplay whatever PCs and GPUs stand for and has the capability of it. you will downplay monitors because a 1440p monitor is perfect but no, you have your own perfect experience on your overly expensive 4k TV, so people who prefer 1440p/high framerate are bad and they should be abolished and use a 4K TV instead. this is why people like you will fight against the idea of more mods, idea of PCs giving you more choices. because to you, those choices are meaningless regardless. for you, getting 1440p/120 in a game is pointless. so you don't even want it on consoles. same goes for the 30 fps/60 fps stuff. if a game were to have a 4k/30 fps only mode, you would talk about how 1440p/60 fps is a big compromise and console is the best way to play. because when such a thing happens (and it will happen), console equivalent hardware or maybe worse hardware will be able to get 1080p 60/1440p 60 fps with tweaked settings and lower resolution. and that hurts you. people enjoying higher and smoother framerates also hurts you. this is what you are. gtx 1060 is a tad bit weaker than xbox one x, yet it runs rdr 2 at 1080p/60 fps with adjusted console settings. on xbox one x, you're limited to 4k 30 fps. i bet you will hate on the 1060 PC, downplaying the smoother framerate, or long shadows that you can enable for very cheap that adds a lot to the shadows' realism in that game, or 16x AF that is clearly observeable on a monitor, but of course not on a TV, therefore its also a moot point for your warped perspective.

the idea of a 5600x/3070 pc potentially running a game 1440p/60 fps with tad bit higher settings while xbox sx/ps5 is forced to play 4k/30 fps hurts you so much that you will go the lenghts of making 2k buck pc look like you're paying for a bugatti veyron and it sucks all the economical freedom to you have. you create mythical stories, before even such an event occured, (it actually occurs in the case of 60/120 fps), about drivers, crashes and how your "experience" was bad
That is a lot of words to say pc let’s you tweak settings

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

I am not reading that. Only saw first sentence. 2060 is bad in 2022 and 1080 is a bad pathetic target.
You have low expectations. But yeah. 2060 is a gaming pc…
Maybe when you will be older with more experience you will realise what gaming is about.
Not a care in the world and just kick up and play.

You don’t need to answer my post. I know you will only ridicule me like everyone else. I get it. But you people don’t know me.

Tqaulity

With that logic, 20 fps is fine as well since that's what Ocarina of Time ran at. And it's sitting at 99 on Metacritic. Hell, even 16-17 fps should be fine - that is what the PAL release ran at and still got great reviews.
Exactly. 20fps or whatever is fine because the point is that you don't play a framerate. You play a game. There was this magical time when people recognized the best games as being the most fun, not as those having the highest pixel count or framerate. Some of the best and most played games of all times had subpar framerates but it didn't take away from their fun-factor. Games like Tetris, Pac-Man, Mario Bros, MGS, Ocarina of Time, GoldenEye N64, Doom, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil (could go on and on) ... are still considered some of the best games of their era. Oh but they are all old? Well just look at the list of the "best" games since 2000 and tell me how many of them had 60fps minimum for most people who played them (GTA trilogy, The Last of Us series, Uncharted, Skyrim, Wii Sports, Portal, Shadow of the Colossus, RE4)? All had subpar visuals and/or perf (especially by today's standards). Who cares. Tech specs have NEVER equated to "success" or popularity in gaming so the vast majority of people would be more than content with the specs and performance of a console. A well designed fun game will remain so even when the resolution or settings are changed and a poorly designed game will still not be fun at 8K/360hz.

yamaci17

I am not reading that. Only saw first sentence. 2060 is bad in 2022 and 1080 is a bad pathetic target.
You have low expectations. But yeah. 2060 is a gaming pc…
Maybe when you will be older with more experience you will realise what gaming is about.
Not a care in the world and just kick up and play.

You don’t need to answer my post. I know you will only ridicule me like everyone else. I get it. But you people don’t know me.
if you have high expectations, then you have no business with settling on a series x /ps5, which will be inferior hardware 1-2 year down the line. imagine settling on 1200p/60 FPS in AC Valhalla and many other games (satire, by the way. don't take it serious, )

accepting base ps4 ps4 pro xbox one x xbox one is the most possible low expectation a gamer could have last generation. and you're directly defending what those people stand for. yet, when i bring out the idea of having a capable 1080p rtx 2060 super rig, all of a sudden "low expectations bad, 2060 super not a gaming pc, oohh i'm master of games, i know everything about it, you don't know anything kiddo"

hypocrisy, at its best. brought to you by none other than Rofif.

you're so manipulative, hypocritic that i never mentioned 2060 and you also very well know that there's a serious difference between 2060s and 2060, most important being the crucial VRAM where 6 GB limits things too much and 8 GB gives just enough headroom even at 1440p. this is you.

xbox sx/ps5, the cheap boxes, oh so much you defend, will and mostly target 1080p/1200p in upcoming games. you have no issues with that. clearly. now revert back to the muh drivers, crashes arguments

Last edited:
I have replayed Uncharted 4 and TLOU2 lately on PS4 and I had a blast. On gamepad I can play games at 30fps without crying, but I think developers on this generation should provide at least 40fps mode, because input lag reduction is noticeable (at least on PC), and most 30fps games on consoles already runs with around 40fps anyway when framerate is uncapped, so it's not like developers needs to make some big downgrades.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
if you have high expectations, then you have no business with settling on a series x /ps5, which will be inferior hardware 1-2 year down the line. imagine settling on 1200p/60 FPS in AC Valhalla and many other games (satire, by the way. don't take it serious, kid)

accepting base ps4 ps4 pro xbox one x xbox one is the most possible low expectation a gamer could have last generation. and you're directly defending what those people stand for. yet, when i bring out the idea of having a capable 1080p rtx 2060 super rig, all of a sudden "low expectations bad, 2060 super not a gaming pc, oohh i'm master of games, i know everything about it, you don't know anything kiddo"

hypocrisy, at its best. brought to you by none other than Rofif.

you're so manipulative, hypocritic that i never mentioned 2060 and you also very well know that there's a serious difference between 2060s and 2060, most important being the crucial VRAM where 6 GB limits things too much and 8 GB gives just enough headroom even at 1440p. this is you.
I have high expectations. That’s why I have 3080. So when I want to play something on pc, I can crank it. Where is the hypocrisy?

But most of time I am fine with ps5. Games don’t stutter, dualsense is fun, there is less tweaking required and 3d sound is nice.
And games are of very high quality. Tbh not much behind pc. When I feel the difference is meaningful and outweighing benefits of quality of life of gaming on ps5 then I get pc version.
Like resident evil village. 4k120…. And weird stuttering.

yamaci17

I have high expectations. That’s why I have 3080. So when I want to play something on pc, I can crank it. Where is the hypocrisy?

But most of time I am fine with ps5. Games don’t stutter, dualsense is fun, there is less tweaking required and 3d sound is nice.
And games are of very high quality. Tbh not much behind pc. When I feel the difference is meaningful and outweighing benefits of quality of life of gaming on ps5 then I get pc version.
Like resident evil village. 4k120…. And weird stuttering.
then you admit that certain things can make you have lower expectations. like stutters, they can force you to have a lower expectation in terms of GRAPHICS, resolution, and framerate and play on ps5.

but you don't want to admit that there may be other GAMING SPECIFIC reasons such as being more able to freely talk with people on discord, mod games, have more control over framerate and settings at the cost of resolution or graphics on a 2060 super build?

nkarafo

4. Well you don't need a case at all (if you wanted), just place the component on the wall. €0 for the case.

5. But it keeps the CPU super cool and do not make any noise while doing it, also any new CPU in the future also no need to get a new or better cooler.

6. Was supposed to be having a 3080 ish level gpu so wanted more airflow so more fans, true not needed with the 2060 super, had the price hiking of the 3x00 series cards not happened that's what would have been in the PC now.

4. Or, you can just buy a good PC case for 50$ max.

5. I got the Coolermaster Hyper 212 back in the day, for less than 50$. It was the best cooler you could buy. It keeps the CPU super cool and makes zero noise. It also has brackets for different kinds of CPUs. You don't need a 100$ CPU cooler.

6. It's not the fact that you want 3x extra fans. It's the fact that you want 3x extra fans at 26$ each! You can easily find good fans at the same size and noise levels at 5$ each, without fancy lights.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
People can relax with good gameplay too. Even more.
Good gameplay. Dark souls on 360 was still good gameplay even if it dropped fps a lot.

The people who can’t stand that can just get a pc.

Oh wait… games are stable 30 or 60 now on consoles.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
then you admit that certain things can make you have lower expectations. like stutters, they can force you to have a lower expectation in terms of GRAPHICS, resolution, and framerate and play on ps5.

but you don't want to admit that there may be other GAMING SPECIFIC reasons such as being more able to freely talk with people on discord, mod games, have more control over framerate and settings at the cost of resolution or graphics on a 2060 super build?
I don’t care about that stuff usually.
I choose the version that will run more problem free. I got Elden ring on ps5 just because of stutters on pc.
I got re8 on pc because I wanted 4k120 and play with a mouse.
But I usually get the version that is better quality of life/better port.
That is many times a pc version too.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
4. Or, you can just buy a good PC case for 50$ max.

5. I got the Coolermaster Hyper 212 back in the day, for less than 50$. It was the best cooler you could buy. It keeps the CPU super cool and makes zero noise. It also has brackets for different kinds of CPUs. You don't need a 100$ CPU cooler.

6. It's not the fact that you want 3x extra fans. It's the fact that you want 3x extra fans at 26$ each! You can easily find good fans at the same size and noise levels at 5$ each, without fancy lights.
Good pc case is not 50 bucks.
It’s just a case. It will do the job but it’s not good.

"low expectations bad, 2060 super not a gaming pc"
My GTX 1080 2GHz (10TF) is around 2060S performance, and I also have very old CPU (3770K), yet I can play most games at 1440p 60fps. Right now I'm playing RE Village, my fps with maxed out settings is around 80fps.

yamaci17

Good gameplay. Dark souls on 360 was still good gameplay even if it dropped fps a lot.

you're assaulting me, and many others, by accusing us being young people. somehow you have a weird connection in your mind built that somehow associates liking PC gaming more than consoles. i'm a 27 year old teacher, i think i'm old enough to the point where I could've gone the route you've took, the "come to home, knock back some beers, sit on couch and play games." what you don't understand is, my PC is not giving me troubles, i come home, open it, click on games, and play them rightaway with my very own dualsense. you made your own PC experience complicated, whether by personal choices or by bad luck (for example having a weird bios bug with your b450 board is just bad luck that never happened to me. if it were to happen to me, maybe i'd be bitter about PC gaming like you.) stuff you mythically tell is probably true, but they never happened to me. if they did happen, i'd also not be on PC gaming.

i can grow older, i can get to 40 yers old, PC will still be main gaming platform and I will simply refuse to get a PS5. that's simple. I simply don't ENJOY couch-TV gaming, so there's no incentive for me to get a console at all. I used a PS4 on my monitor, and the experience was horrible and too limiting. i simply didn't like console gaming, and will never like it. there are tons of 35+ year old pc players who will never touch a console, just like me. you're just making weird assumptions and predictions for our futures. you doing this over and over in many threads is as low as me saying that to you. i just had enough of you, honestly. either you or me will have to leave forum at one point. ignoring is also not an option, because i simply hate the idea of letting people go rampant about their rants and hate ramblings about PC gaming because of their own warped view at things. like your warped idea that a PC must overachieve the console or there's no point to it at all. yet my 34 year old friend with his 1070 rig enjoying games on his PC never thinks about this stuff like you, he never overcomplicates things. maybe once or twice a year, he will have a problem i will gladly solve away in mere minutes, which you also failed to do so with your friend with its "vrr" screen not unable to work. i even troubledshot that from miles away, it just happened to be that the nvidia drivers in that time period probably were the ones with VRR bug that caused VRR to be not being able to enabled. you may argue that such even occuring is a bad sign for a PC, but that's also another problem, you don't have to update your GPU regularly, i haven't updated my nvidia gpu's driver for 5 months, and i'm not missing out on anything. every driver, i check up if there's some common issues, and if there's i simply refuse to install it. there's no need, since i don't rush to play every new game, even then, every new game does not even need updated drivers to begin with. i played rdr 2 on a 399.24 driver which came out in 2018 on a gtx 1080 and the game run perfectly fine for 40 hours. can you believe that? you can simply control your driver updates to more wider periods, like 6 months, or even 1 year and be fine with it.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

The remaster/pc version locked at 60 may be good. The 10fps Blighttown 360 version is far from good.

This gen, yes.
Last gen not at all.

Last gen i got a cheap Ryzen and Pascal GPU. Best investement evern.
But I don't upgrade until i get value for my money again.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
This right here is the huge misconception so many console players have about pc players though. That it's all about higher settings and framerates. That's simply not the case at all. I like the near-infinate backward compatibility. The mods. The cheaper game prices. Free online play. Nearly everything comes to PC these days. Etc etc...

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The remaster/pc version locked at 60 may be good. The 10fps Blighttown 360 version is far from good.
That game was amazing when it came out for all the right reasons. It created a franchise despite some drawbacks. People played the game

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
you're assaulting me, and many others, by accusing us being young people. somehow you have a weird connection in your mind built that somehow associates liking PC gaming more than consoles. i'm a 27 year old teacher, i think i'm old enough to the point where I could've gone the route you've took, the "come to home, knock back some beers, sit on couch and play games." what you don't understand is, my PC is not giving me troubles, i come home, open it, click on games, and play them rightaway with my very own dualsense. you made your own PC experience complicated, whether by personal choices or by bad luck (for example having a weird bios bug with your b450 board is just bad luck that never happened to me. if it were to happen to me, maybe i'd be bitter about PC gaming like you.) stuff you mythically tell is probably true, but they never happened to me. if they did happen, i'd also not be on PC gaming.

i can grow older, i can get to 40 yers old, PC will still be main gaming platform and I will simply refuse to get a PS5. that's simple. I simply don't ENJOY couch-TV gaming, so there's no incentive for me to get a console at all. I used a PS4 on my monitor, and the experience was horrible and too limiting. i simply didn't like console gaming, and will never like it. there are tons of 35+ year old pc players who will never touch a console, just like me. you're just making weird assumptions and predictions for our futures. you doing this over and over in many threads is as low as me saying that to you. i just had enough of you, honestly. either you or me will have to leave forum at one point. ignoring is also not an option, because i simply hate the idea of letting people go rampant about their rants and hate ramblings about PC gaming because of their own warped view at things. like your warped idea that a PC must overachieve the console or there's no point to it at all. yet my 34 year old friend with his 1070 rig enjoying games on his PC never thinks about this stuff like you, he never overcomplicates things. maybe once or twice a year, he will have a problem i will gladly solve away in mere minutes, which you also failed to do so with your friend with its "vrr" screen not unable to work. i even troubledshot that from miles away, it just happened to be that the nvidia drivers in that time period probably were the ones with VRR bug that caused VRR to be not being able to enabled. you may argue that such even occuring is a bad sign for a PC, but that's also another problem, you don't have to update your GPU regularly, i haven't updated my nvidia gpu's driver for 5 months, and i'm not missing out on anything. every driver, i check up if there's some common issues, and if there's i simply refuse to install it. there's no need, since i don't rush to play every new game, even then, every new game does not even need updated drivers to begin with. i played rdr 2 on a 399.24 driver which came out in 2018 on a gtx 1080 and the game run perfectly fine for 40 hours. can you believe that? you can simply control your driver updates to more wider periods, like 6 months, or even 1 year and be fine with it.
I am just responding to your attacks so chill.
And I am 33yo engineer so what? only few years ago I slowed focusing on minute details and settings and more on just gaming without distractions.
to reach his own but I am not reading that. Enough with lecturing ok?

Last edited:
Let's face it Rootif is good for business, thats why he gets a free pass to make the same stupid comment pretty much in every single pc thread. Proof this thread - just look at al the replies.

nkarafo

Good pc case is not 50 bucks.
It’s just a case. It will do the job but it’s not good.

It's more than good enough.

"Just a case" can cost as low as 20 bucks. That's the price for generic cases.

Mine was 50$. It's not the fanciest but misses nothing. It has good airflow, 2 big, noiseless fans that i never had to replace in 7 years of operation, good cable management and the old style of mounting HDDs (which is the best because i have a lot of them, 5 HDDs and 2 SSDs).

It's so good and sleek looking (fully black without any distractions, doors, weird edgy fins, etc) that i'm thinking of using it on my next build. Which i really hope it ends up being as cool and noiseless as my current one.

Honestly, i have seen much more expensive cases that are completely shit to me. I especially hate the HDD mount systems most fancy cases have. Very annoying, lots of plastics and moving parts and don't have enough space to mount more than a couple of HDDs. I don't need a flappy mounting HDD case inside my case ffs!

Last edited:
Top Bottom