• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why havent Skies of Arcadia been remade yet?

SantaC

Gold Member
Seriously what a missed opportunity by SEGA. SoA is one of the most loved jrpgs in thre early days because of the fantastic cast of characters and great exploration. The game is dated by today standards, but a remake would probably do pretty well.
0xnwpxt.jpg

You need a new VMU to play and they don't make those anymore and the one I have still has Chou's Quest.

Edit- Pinta's quest

Last edited:
You'll get another Genesis collection and like it!

Sega just ignores certain shit. Like I went to their site the other day, they have literally no Sega Saturn merchandise or apparel. Couple Dreamcast t-shirts, that's it.

The cruel thing is that there were rumors back in the Xbox 360 days that there was a port of Skies for XBLA in-progress.

PanzerCute

Because the game would not sell. I love Sega, I was a huge Sega nerd during their golden age, but people need to understand that no one gives a shit about 99% of Sega games except on some message boards.

Square Enix can't even sell a decent amount of Chrono Cross or Tactics Ogre remastered, how would Sega sell a JRPG that nobody played?

I love the game but be realistic for a second.

Last edited:
Give me one example of Sega NFT. Please.

(They haven't release a single one and backed out of that idea months ago)
I can't provide one. That's a funny thing about my list btw, because the 3 things I've listed are what most of their news stories have been about in the past 5 years. 2 more things under that would be Hyenas(yet again) and Atlus(when article writers remember that they're still a part of Sega). Their CEO and PR keep releasing statements that have zero meaning to anyone and honestly sound out of touch with everyone.

Yakuza is their CoD.

Last edited:

Metnut

I got pretty far in the original but came to a spot where I was stuck on an island and needed like a super large amount of money to get off and didn’t want to grind so stopped playing.

Vyse

Gold Member
Seriously what a missed opportunity by SEGA. SoA is one of the most loved jrpgs in thre early days because of the fantastic cast of characters and great exploration. The game is dated by today standards, but a remake would probably do pretty well.
0xnwpxt.jpg
Skies of Arcadia you say? I’d be down for that. 😃

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
A remaster was in the works way back, but it got tabled for one reason or another. That must've been like... 4-5 years ago. They know people wanted it, if nothing else.

Švejk

Because Sega loves to sit on their pile of golden IP's with their thumb smooth up their ass, while they churn out another sub-mediocre Sanic.

Last edited:

dave_d

Umm, we are talking about the game with the random encounter rate that is so aggressive that I got attacked and then got attacked a second time before I could start moving. (Should I point out after awhile random encounters are pointless since they don't give you enough money or experience to be worth fighting. Sure they're easy by that point but a waste of time.) Yes, I know there's an item to get rid of random encounters. You only get it fairly close to the end.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
0xnwpxt.jpg
Agreed, love this game

Shifty1897

The only people at Sega I would trust to do a Skies remake would be the Persona team, and they're busy making more great Persona games.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The only people at Sega I would trust to do a Skies remake would be the Persona team, and they're busy making more great Persona games.
Actually Persona Team (Hashino's team) have become Studio Zero and no longer making Persona games, they are working on Metaphor: ReFantazio.

A different team is going to make Persona 6.

lachesis

Remake, and sequel that I want. Maybe it would be the mystery of what's under the cloud, and perhaps underwater adventure.

cireza

Please don't put an awful IA picture for the game. This is insulting.

Skies-of-Arcadia.jpg

In terms of feel, Valkyria Chronicles is the closest you will get. Series has the same SEGA Japan RPG expertise and passion in it. Hopefully people who worked on Valkyria are working on a new RPG.

Last edited:

sigmaZ

Gold Member
I was always hopeful they were going to remake it in the Canvas engine they used for Valkyria Chronicles.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Because Sega has a very busy schedule of other games to work on.

*Spoiler*
Sonic game
Yakuza Game
Yakuza spin off game
Sonic 2D game
Sonic game
Yakuza spin off

I don’t want to keep spoiling their upcoming schedule, so I’ll leave it at that.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Because it isn't as good of a game as your remember. Awful generic story, stale gameplay, paper thin characters. It got away with a lot because it had a compelling world/theme, nice graphics, and good atmosphere, and because it was one of the premiere RPGs on a system that didn't have many.

Top Bottom