• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why you should buy Dino Crisis 1 & 2 right now!

BroBot

and once you're done with those two mediocre RE clones, you can move on to the actual magnum opus

Uy5w4LX.jpg

rf4BPQz.jpg

Everyone stick with Dino Crisis 1 and 2, please....for the good of mankind.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
and once you're done with those two mediocre RE clones, you can move on to the actual magnum opus

Uy5w4LX.jpg
Thanks for reminding me........What is it with Xbox and killing off good franchises

OP, I'll buy them again when they release in 1080p with trophy support on PS4, until then Sony can go shove their sale.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
You joke but I want this game so bad. Dinosaurs in space sounds amazingly terrible.

I'll treat myself to it after I beat 1 (DC) and 2 (PSX). I bought them last year but didn't play them :p

Don't. Just. Don't.

There is no Dino Crisis 3. There is no Dino Crisis 3. There is no Dino Crisis 3. There is no Dino Crisis 3.
There is no Dino Crisis 3. There is no Dino Crisis 3. There is no Dino Crisis 3. There is no Dino Crisis 3.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
i kind of wish that we, as a species, could finally move on from having every dc thread turn into about how shitty dc3 is, and focus more on how awesome dc2 is. everyone keep beating that dead horse though i guess. cool.

coincidentally, I was just playing dc2 last night for the first time in years. it's so awesome! on paper it sounds like it should be absolutely terrible, yet somehow it all works so, so well.

strafer

Don't. Just. Don't.

I chant this before I go to bed.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Apparently I already own both games on PSN so I guess I don't have to buy them again.

strafer

The fourth one is destined to be amazing.

Look at this way.

Dino Crisis 1 - Jurassic Park = Amazing.

Dino Crisis 2 - Jurassic Park: The Lost World = Great

Dino Crisis 3 - Jurassic Park 3 = Complete garbage

Dino Crisis 4 - Jurassic World = Amazing

YOU CAN DO THIS.

Anung

Un Rama
I just wish they'd just put them on the UK store. I'd love to own both but can't be arsed making a NA account and spending $20 bucks on a card to buy two 2 dollar games.

Love the games though. Hopefully one day they'll grace us with a new entry.

Genio88

I loved it on PS1, it's such a shame that it's not been continued, besides that crap of Dino Crysis 3...I always hope some time it'll get a proper current gen seaquel but even a remake or hd remastered of the first would be awesome

Jawmuncher

i kind of wish that we, as a species, could finally move on from having every dc thread turn into about how shitty dc3 is, and focus more on how awesome dc2 is. everyone keep beating that dead horse though i guess. cool.

coincidentally, I was just playing dc2 last night for the first time in years. it's so awesome! on paper it sounds like it should be absolutely terrible, yet somehow it all works so, so well.

I purposefully don't bring up Dino Crisis 3 in my threads (Unless I have to) for that reason. The hatred is understandable. The series ending on such a sour note is absolutely tragic. Thus why even today so many despise it. But we should remember the good times more than the bad.

The fourth one is destined to be amazing.

Look at this way.

Dino Crisis 1 - Jurassic Park = Amazing.

Dino Crisis 2 - Jurassic Park: The Lost World = Great

Dino Crisis 3 - Jurassic Park 3 = Complete garbage

Dino Crisis 4 - Jurassic World = Amazing

YOU CAN DO THIS.

That's the dream. That hopefully becomes reality.

You joke but I want this game so bad. Dinosaurs in space sounds amazingly terrible.

I'll treat myself to it after I beat 1 (DC) and 2 (PSX). I bought them last year but didn't play them :p

Since you're gonna get a bunch of dramatic "Just don't" responses, here are real reasons why it's bad:

--Fast moving dinosaurs, fast moving you with a jet pack and infinite ammo = awesome right?

--Wrong. Fixed camera angles and shitty aiming make fighting a huge pack of enemies very frustrating. You'll get mauled a lot and not on your own fault. Enemies jump in from outside the scene and surprise-wreck you a lot.

--When combat works, it's a combo of brain dead boring and control-wrestling.

--Boss fights are okay, but can be spongy and boring.

--All there is to this game is combat so...there's the whole review.

extra:
--Environment- bland metal ship with dumb puzzles that tell you where to fit object A into object B, removing the one tiny semblance of challenge/thought in survival horror puzzles.

--The big story reason people hate 3 (spoils the nature of 2's ending but not specifics):
2 ends on a cliffhanger that 3 doesn't address.

Caveat: Excellent 3D kusoge

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
1 is amazeballs. Super amazing resident evil "clone." 2...I don't get it. I hate it.

I would like to see a Resident Evil like REmake of Dino Crisis.

Edit: I'll have to wait for PS1 support on PS4 to buy these.

I actually already own Dino crisis 1 on psn but I have yet to get to it. I really should now along with picking up Dino crisis 2, this series desperately needs a reboot after what capcom did to it with the third game.

KevinCow

Banned
I'd really like to play these games because I love dinosaurs but I find fixed cameras with tank controls basically unplayable.

I'd kill for an RE4 style revival of the series so then I could finally enjoy it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'd really like to play these games because I love dinosaurs but I find fixed cameras with tank controls basically unplayable.

I'd kill for an RE4 style revival of the series so then I could finally enjoy it.
RE4 still has tank controls, they just changed the camera perspective and let you aim the gun.

Honestly I don't even have the faintest clue what a modern DC should be. Most games, if someone asked me I could probably come up with something reasonable, but DC idk.

I would just say, go ask Jawmuncher.

Jawmuncher

RE4 still has tank controls, they just changed the camera perspective and let you aim the gun.

Honestly I don't even have the faintest clue what a modern DC should be. Most games, if someone asked me and I could probably come up with something reasonable, but DC idk.

I would just say, go ask Jawmuncher.

The general consensus is to rework RE6 style gameplay into a Dino crisis game. Thus going off Dino Crisis 2 more than anything. Whatever they do I think Third Person would work best, even if they go for a more survival horror approach.Which as was also mentioned at this point would probably be more similar to Alien Isolation. Less Ammo and Dinosaurs. But they're all far more threatening. If anything is ever done will be interesting to see what they go with.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The general consensus is to rework RE6 style gameplay into a Dino crisis game. Thus going off Dino Crisis 2 more than anything. Whatever they do I think Third Person would work best, even if they go for a more survival horror approach.Which as was also mentioned at this point would probably be more similar to Alien Isolation. Less Ammo and Dinosaurs. But they're all far more threatening. If anything is ever done will be interesting to see what they go with.
The one thing I do know about Dino Crisis, is that Regina isn't cowering under some desk.

Yeah TPV I agree with. I might be disappointed otherwise.

I hope they bring this back. Dinosaurs are awesome. You can do action or survival horror, or some mix. OG games already proved it.

Persona7

Banned
I think I liked Dino Crisis 3...but then again that was so long ago.

I think the main complaints were the controls and camera?

I want to get them, probably on Dreamcast, because RE2 and RE3 for that console are glorious.

One thing that's keeping me from doing that, though... In RE, once you kill a zombie, it's gone. You come back to that hallway, and that mofo ain't there no mo'.

But in Dino Crisis, apparently the dinosaurs... Respawn. Not a big fan of respawning enemies in survival horror games.

Jawmuncher

I want to get them, probably on Dreamcast, because RE2 and RE3 for that console are glorious.

One thing that's keeping me from doing that, though... In RE, once you kill a zombie, it's gone. You come back to that hallway, and that mofo ain't there no mo'.

But in Dino Crisis, apparently the dinosaurs... Respawn. Not a big fan of respawning enemies in survival horror games.

Forgot to mention that. Yeah they do respawn, which is why you juggle ammo and tranqs. Though I agree would be better if they didn't. Though it does make sense story wise as to why they would.

legacyzero

Banned
I was thinking: "Gotta be a Jawmuncher thread."

Confirmed.

And yes, both games are great, and the franchise deserves to be revived RE4 style.

N30RYU

I would buy it if this deal was also on the eu store... but I won't purchase it with my US acount cause I don't want to go trough the change account process in the vita and loose my remote play

Top Bottom