• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why you should buy Dino Crisis 1 & 2 right now!

and once you're done with those two mediocre RE clones, you can move on to the actual magnum opus

Uy5w4LX.jpg
The ultimate franchise killer.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
DC2 was a revelation. So much better than just cloning RE with raptors. Shame they never properly followed up on it.

I can certainly appreciate your enthusiasm for the series, but I can't share it.

The first game was an ugly as sin Resident Evil ripoff with maybe two moments of decent tension in the entire time you play it. Gameplay shared the same wonky controls, combat was actually worse due to the way enemies moved and hitboxes worked.

The second game was actually really interesting in how they blended the combat with the lightened survival and horror aspects. The combat was more satisfying and in many ways it reminds me of Resident Evil 4 with the economy system. However, it doesn't hold up today due to the graphics and controls.

A survival horror game with dinosaurs sure has a lot of potential, but this series in particular never got it right.

It's more Carnosaur than Jurassic Park.

grimmiq

I'll get around to playing these again eventually, bought on sale early last year, been sitting installed on my PS3 along with Vagrant story and Parasite Eve 1&2 ever since.

Oh shit, I have $2.20 left on my US account, Breath of Fire IV bought.

Bebpo

Banned
Hmmm, I never knew Dino Crisis 2 was the better received one. I played about half of Dino Crisis 1 but never finished it. Was a solid RE clone that I should finish some day. Never played DC2 because it looked lame and pre-rendered backgrounds tank-controls action just didn't sound fun.

Guess I'll try out DC2 this weekend.

I skipped 2 completely when I saw the change in direction. I should certainly play 1 again some time though.

Basically this.

Timu

and once you're done with those two mediocre RE clones, you can move on to the actual magnum opus

Uy5w4LX.jpg
This is the Devil May Cry 2 of the franchise.

People just want to pretend it exist for reason which I don't understand as the game is made and without it getting made it wouldn't even have hate.

Raonak

Banned
I absolutely loved DC1, such an awesome use of the RE formula, my favorite survival horror style game (dinosaurs > zombies)

Really keen to try DC2 someday.

I have them both and only played each for a few hours, I should really get back to them. Despite my undying love for Mikami, I liked DC2 a lot more. The prerrendered backgrounds have so much more character and the awesome gameplay and snappy pacing were more appealing than the scary but also kind of annoying and unkillable Raptors of the first game.

Daingurse

Already got them on my Vita awhile back. Growing up, these games made me want to own a PS1 sooooooo bad. Never got one lol.

Great games, although I tend to favor the 2nd for quick action-packed replays. Have both on PS1, the PC versions, and got these dl variants when last on sale. Parasite Eve is also easy to recommend, another favorite series that I also tend to prefer the second. But in both cases the first and second games have different gameplay styles.

One thing I like about DC1 is that it always felt a little tougher than an equivalent RE. Similarly rationed ammo but tougher enemies. Anyway, I'll add PE1 to replay on either the PSP or Vita.

I play through DC1 on an almost yearly basis, it is brilliant! I never played 2 though, I hated the idea of it becoming an action title. Although at this price it would be mental to pass them up...

...if only capcom would make this available on EU PSN store id buy them no delay

I like DC1 alright but I feel it was inferior to RE games. DC2 however is something completely unique and a blast to play.

I still don't know any other arcadey shooters with pre-rendered backrounds and tank controls. It's like RE3 on steroids.

butman

OK Capcom, after you release whatever RE7 is, next E3 you must announce a proper Dino Crisis 3 or Dino Crisis 1 & 2 Remake.

Top Bottom