• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Smith slaps Chris Rock at the Oscars

Jennings

Because of his constant philandering, I didn't think Will Smith had actual feelings for Jada. Was he just embarassed that his brand was tarnished?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Seems Will Smith was laughing after the joke but Jada was pissed. Must have saw how pissed Jada was and made to act to make up for his laughing
Exactly my though, I mean look at the face of Will:

unknown.png

And then Jada:

unknown.png

It's pretty telling.

Definitely a bad look for Will. Either this isn't just about the joke or the dude is losing it.

Also, security? After he slapped Chris his ass didn't get thrown out? I know it's Will Smith, but this definitely sets a terrible precedent, especially for all these famous people that already walk around scared of their own shadows.

FunkMiller

This is another reminder of why I can't stand Hollywood/celebrity culture. These people are coddled non stop. Normal people don't have the benefit of slapping the shit out of the host of an event, crying about it, and then being let back in.

Oh, they're all cunts. Which is why it's so lovely to see their little self congratulatory shindig get livened up for once.

sol_bad

I'm pretty sure it was a punch and not a slap.

Hopefully Chris Rock and Will Smith can work this out. Seems like an honest mistake. I looked it up and it seems like Jade Smith only talked about her auto-immune disease in December last year? Only 3 months ago so I doubt Rock even knew about it.

Joke is still funny but maybe a tad sensitive considering what Jada is going through.

What's with the tough guys in here talking about Smith being cucked? So weird. Like I said, the joke is funny, Smith thought it was funny, he just didn't put 2 and 2 together and think about the auto-immune disease. He was probably half upset at himself for laughing at the joke.

Top Bottom