• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Smith slaps Chris Rock at the Oscars

DKehoe

fake bullshit by celebrities to get themselves attention. it's all part of the script.
I wondered if it was some stunt at first too. But if it was then Smith wouldn’t have audibly swearing (repeatedly shouting “keep my wife’s name out of your fucking mouth”) on the broadcast for the Oscars.

If it's fake and trying to sucker us into watching this circlejerk in the future, it's pathetic, if it's real then it's even more pathetic. Either way fuck off Oscars.

mortal

Gold Member
So the dude puts hands on a comedian telling a joke, but not the guy that cucked him and fucked his wife?

1045e9a19ede1f9e0129b5e4bea31a2d_w200.gif

just saw this after a friend sent me the link. I will say that while I understand Will being upset (him laughing was probably the initial reaction trying to be polite, but once he saw that Jada is actually upset, he went up there), but Jada is part of the industry. and even if that joke's in poor taste, there are a lot of ways to go about it instead of bitch slapping Chris. you can either go up there, take the mic from Chris and tell him to apologize or something. and good for Chris not losing his cool either and keep on hosting.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
just saw this after a friend sent me the link. I will say that while I understand Will being upset (him laughing was probably the initial reaction trying to be polite, but once he saw that Jada is actually upset, he went up there), but Jada is part of the industry. and even if that joke's in poor taste, there are a lot of ways to go about it instead of bitch slapping Chris. you can either go up there, take the mic from Chris and tell him to apologize or something. and good for Chris not losing his cool either and keep on hosting.

Yeah, definite credit to Chris Rock for bouncing back from that without missing a beat. That shit was smooth. Very professional. Granted, I'd still be upset if I were him, not because of the slap, or because I'm "making light of a black man in a historically white dominated awards ceremony," or whatever, but because my ass got staggered by the Fresh fucking Prince in front of all of my peers over a joke that belonged in 1993.

Toons

On one hand he definitely didn't keep his composure well and acted incredibly unprofessional.

Om the other were going to see a lot of people drag will for this when they'd do the exact same thing if their spouse got offended.

Its definitely real though. I've never seen anything like this at an award show ill tell ya that. Never.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Will Smith just set back Black actors being allowed into the Oscars 50 years..

Fuck that, it's right in line with the Leftist media's goals. We've already re-segregated things and divided the country via political ideologies and race, thanks in no small part to big tech curating our internet browsing, but now they're trying to break it down further. If you don't vote right, you're not a real black, you're a (slur that's less offensive than the n word but totes still a slur). If you don't side with the black man defending his family from the comedian black man, you're canceled. Now we can't just prostrate ourselves before the entire race of black people and beg forgiveness for the inherited sin of our ancestors, now we have to side with the "correct," black people.

It's all a ridiculously tailor made puppeteering act to just continually divide people into small echo chambers that are purebred enough to cater to, scam, and manipulate against one another. This is tin foil hattish, but it's the way I see the wind blowing, in politics, entertainment, social media, etc.

Toons

It’s just some nasty witch that shaved her head in rebellion.

If she had cancer i’m pretty sure Chris wouldn’t have made that joke.

No she does have hair loss. Alopecia.

Its not cancer but its still a bit touchy if a joke to make.

No one hear knows what may have gone on between these two in the past anyway. This could be the culmination of an exchange we never saw.

Still to do this in front of everyone like that was bold.

Toons

Fuck that, it's right in line with the Leftist media's goals. We've already re-segregated things and divided the country via political ideologies and race, thanks in no small part to big tech curating our internet browsing, but now they're trying to break it down further. If you don't vote right, you're not a real black, you're a (slur that's less offensive than the n word but totes still a slur). If you don't side with the black man defending his family from the comedian black man, you're canceled. Now we can't just prostrate ourselves before the entire race of black people and beg forgiveness for the inherited sin of our ancestors, now we have to side with the "correct," black people.

It's all a ridiculously tailor made puppeteering act to just continually divide people into small echo chambers that are purebred enough to cater to, scam, and manipulate against one another. This is tin foil hattish, but it's the way I see the wind blowing, in politics, entertainment, social media, etc.

Well you were right about it being tin foil hattish lol

Its just a guy hitting a guy because the guy upset his wife. That happens all the time.

Last edited:
Good for will. Not only walked out with a trophy but also stood up for his wife. I think his wife has a medical condition though

Fuck Will, he’s made inappropriate jokes himself, but, it’s a problem once it becomes his family? He’s a comedian, he knows anything and everything gets made fun of, plus, he laughed and then realized he’s on his period so he went up to lace a guy for a joke, sat back down to yell like a crazy cat lady, and then cried, all in a span of 60 seconds. He didn’t have to react at all, could have just approached Rock after and told him how he felt about the joke like a man.

Men get fun of for losing their hair all the time, I'm not gonna feel sorry for some bitch because she's going bald. I'm sure she has $300 mil in the bank, she'll survive.

She has worn wigs in the past, if she’s really upset about losing her hair, but, being able to afford the best, most realistic wigs on the market, she’s just another spoiled piece of shit who should go visit cancer patients or something who are losing their hair cuz they’re fucking dying.

Dural

God I hope there’s some story tomorrow about Adam Sandler or one of the SNL crew getting revenge at an after party.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I can't believe how many people I'm seeing on social media calling for assault charges. I'm sorry but anyone who would press charges over a slap must be the biggest bitch on the planet earth and can't handle a bruised ego. Hell, it's dumb as fuck a slap can be considered a crime to begin with. Some MFers deserve to get punched let alone slap. The world would be a better place if people could settle their differences like men with some fist o cuffs.

That being said slapping Chris was an overreaction, but the dude grew up in NYC, that shit will just slide off his back he's dealt with worse I can assure you.

nush

Gold Member
Om the other were going to see a lot of people drag will for this when they'd do the exact same thing if their spouse got offended.

In puplic on live TV with the world watching, no they wouldn't. You'd take care of that shit man to man in private. Will's not a hormonal teenager who's ready to throw hand because "Wot did you say about my bird? I swear on me mum...".

Chiggs

Gold Member
I'm leaning on the side of believing the whole thing was scripted. The Oscars need drama to get people to tune in after the Oscars woke politics drove viewers away.

Me too. And I bet thermite paste was somehow involved. I hope Jesse Ventura investigates.

Top Bottom