• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you play the elden ring dlc with the community (following strategy guides, discoveries, etc) or fully on your own?

After unlocking, will you be playing shadow of the erdtree with the community or blind?

• Fully blind

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Fully with the community

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Blind until I get stuck

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters

kicker

Banned
Will you be playing with the community, checking for updates and discoveries, looking at strategy guides, so on, or will you completely cut off and try to get through it on your own?

I mean apart from unlocking the dlc, of course, since I assume FROM still hasn't learnt to deliver new content in straightforward ways.
For reference this is how FROM has expected people to unlock dlc in the past:

kicker

Banned
Personally, I feel like the experience is lessened following a guide.
I won't be using one past unlocking the dlc

Lasha

I play all of the games blind. It's partially why I have yet to finish elden ring. I went on a grand adventure for like 20 hours and I forgot what I was supposed to be doing.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I play my games like I watch my movies. With a script and behind the scenes on a second monitor.

Nah I eventually have to ask some stupid ass question on GAF. Like how do I jump.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Fully on my own for at least two playthroughs, as I've always done with these games (and most games actually). After that I start checking websites like Fextralife for weapons and armor I missed, or interesting build ideas to keep it fresh. I almost never visit OT threads or watch lore videos like Vaati. It's not something I find enjoyable.

Last edited:

kicker

Banned
Probably not

200.gif

I joke.
We're spoiled with choices in 2023, on top of whatever backlogs people have.

Fredrik

Still haven’t found everything in Elden Ring and nearly 500 hours played total, using guides when stuck. I’ll do the same with the expansion, finding out stuff on your own and do stupid mistakes is part of the experience. Sucks when you unknowingly break a quest but for the big things you usually get hints that you’re about to do something bad, like trigger the frenzied flame ending.

Playing with community means playing with other players.

Which I will do, sure

Reading guides etc just takes away sense of discovery or opportunity to play thoroughly. Never doing that.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Only guides I used for ER are weapons that are effective on certain bosses, mainly the last boss.

I'll be doing the DLC in Coop and just running around having fun. I loved wandering aimlessly when the game first released, so much stuff to keep you occupied.

SCB3

I like playing along with streamers like Distortion2 or Elajjaz as they're amazing souls players / speedrunners and pick up a lot of tips from just watching

Tempted to get the PC version at some point and do a run on there, got the Platinum on PS5

Last edited:
Even as a huge From fan, I feel like Elden Ring was a gigantic all you can eat buffet of a game. Could not get enough of it for a long time but by the end I wanted to throw up and never see another From boss again. The last thing I need is more right now.

Will probably pick up the DLC in a couple years.

Pelao

I'm going in blind and once I defeat the final boss and complete as much as I can on my own, I'll check online to see what I have left to do. I've gotten pretty good at being able to complete the more cryptic quests and get the best endings of these games completely on my own.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
On my own, just as nature intended.

Also, slightly off topic, but I find term "X community" to be proper cringe.

Top Bottom