• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

Toei's introducing form changes this year to Precure.

Cherry Flamenco, Sherbert Ballet, Macadamia Hula Dance, Popcorn Cheer and Lollipop Hiphop.

All while copying their own success with Aikatsu! and/or pulling a Kamen Rider Decade, depending on who you ask.

Is there significance behind these names or are they just completely random selections of food and dances? Macadamia Hula Dance?

Space Battleship Yamato's AOTY victory makes it yet another winner that just happens to be completely unavailable for legal streaming.

I'm glad you're all such dilligent importers!
ebQeHv8.gif

Well, Lolipop Hiphop comes from one of the form changes for Happiness Charge Precure.

The one on the left.

Toei's introducing form changes this year to Precure.

Cherry Flamenco, Sherbert Ballet, Macadamia Hula Dance, Popcorn Cheer and Lollipop Hiphop.

All while copying their own success with Aikatsu! and/or pulling a Kamen Rider Decade, depending on who you ask.

So this is Precure?

Now it makes sense why I didn't know what it was referring to.

Psycho-Pass

Psycho-Pass is actually a decent example. Though I think the problem there isn't with the fans, but the writer overestimating its intellectual worth. I never finished it though, so maybe that changes.

I admit to being selfish in making a thread title that's only relevant to a couple of people here but I couldn't help myself.
It's fine. We've already had a GTA Online thread title, so we can't go any lower.

Don't bring it up in the first place if you can't back it up.
:<

I don't want to criticize people's favourite anime and start a terrible argument.
I would rather express my opinion on this while vague, please. I just wanted to share my opinion, not defend it.

sonicmj1

I was waiting for dat AnimeGAF Psycho-Pass hate.

I don't hate Psycho-Pass. It's a good show. But every time it made passes at intellectual thought it came off to me as incredibly stupid.

Psycho-Pass is actually a decent example. Though I think the problem there isn't with the fans, but the writer overestimating its intellectual worth. I never finished it though, so maybe that changes.

To be fair, I am referring more to the writing than to its fans.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

I don't want to criticize people's favourite anime and start a terrible argument.
I would rather express my opinion on this while vague, please. I just wanted to share my opinion, not defend it.
A forum is about discussion between multiple people, not one person standing on a soapbox. If you don't want to defend your views then why are you here?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well I mean the flow of the conversation was that Corvo hated everything about Hyouka, Brandy put forth that he didn't like KLK as a parallel, Corvo said KLK isn't regarded as some sort of high art, that statement was countered by saying it went #2 in the AOTY voting, which is what prompted Corvo's post. I think given the context it was clear he was making a distinction between why KLK was voted #2 and why Hyouka was voted #1 and pointing out that looking at AOTY voting doesn't make what he said any less true (from his eyes anyway).

Yeah, I admit to not knowing the full context there. Just a victim of poor phrasing. We still love you, Corvo, please don't still be mad in the morning :(

Narag

Don't do the the attention grab thing if you're going to do this.

Shengar

Because its perfect.
It's neatly animated, nothing felt out of place, and that what makes it so hypnotizing.

It kinda ruffle my feather since you stated fiction in general, but then I guess it's an okay view to have especially when left vague.

The thing about intellectual shows in both anime and western tv is that I've found they tend to be science fiction (if we're sticking with non-educational shows). There are plenty of well written shows that could come off as intellectual such as GitS. But for the most part I watch anime for the entertainment and action. If it happens to be intellectual then so be it. I don't need a Dune anime. Actually no I take it back I want a Dune anime. With kawaii giant sandworms.

A part of me wants to go ahead and watch Gundam Seed Destiny. Another part doesn't know whether I can deal with another season of duck-choking crying Kira that defies the laws of not dying.

A part of me wants to go ahead and watch Gundam Seed Destiny. Another part doesn't know whether I can deal with another season of duck-choking crying Kira that defies the laws of not dying.

No one actually likes Seed Destiny.

There, I saved you time that could be spent somewhere else.
Like watching HappinessCharge Precure

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad: The After Storying 01

Akio is still the best, nothing else matters.

Oh actually this matters: Since finishing Clannad I've started Gintama and now I can't unhear Shinpachi in Sunohara.

Okay but really this was a pretty good episode. Felt like one of the less dull S1 episodes.

There are some dull short arcs at the start of AS, but it really picks up.

No one actually likes Seed Destiny.

There, I saved you time that could be spent somewhere else.
Like watching HappinessCharge Precure

Don't do it.

All right I'll trust you guys on this because the first season was enjoyable but not enough for me to watch another season with these characters.

Has anybody seen IGPX (the robot racing show that aired in Toonami a while back)? I've always been curious to watch it but there's something about it that is making me wary.

zeroshiki

Just watch the SEED Destiny special edition which condenses all the nonsense into a few hours and is edited better to boot.

jman2050

The ensuing inevitable steroid scandal against the Seahawks is going to have a bigger fallout than the Kokoro Connect fiasco.

Geneijin

Space Battleship Yamato's AOTY victory makes it yet another winner that just happens to be completely unavailable for legal streaming.

I'm glad you're all such dilligent importers!
This is why anime is a niche within a niche. Because shit eaters support shit like Hyouka and Yamato.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom