• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

I give the original Eva a pass because despite the crazy fandom, there is a good deep story in there. The problem is that Anno himself apparently bought into the own hype a little too much and we got saddled with Rebuild.

I don't feel like it's really that deep, it's just obfuscated. The original LOST, if you will.

Eva is a good show but a lot of people misunderstand the reasons why.

Gazoinks

I'm personally a fan of when the princess-like character or the evil lady does that uppity deep laugh. You know. The OH HO HO HO HO HO HO while they raise the hand to the opposing cheek. But yes his laugh is pretty good too, everything in Gintama is.

Yeah, but that's a Japanese thing in general, not a Gintama thing. :p Sakamoto's laugh is like an alien learned to laugh by reading comic books. AH HA HA HA HA.

Branduil

The reason people like those types of mysteries is because there are actual stakes involved.

So what are they then? How would you define them?

So K-on would be better if they had to win a light music contest or their school would close down, right?

zeroshiki

The reason people like those types of mysteries is because there are actual stakes involved.

So what are they then? How would you define them?

There are stakes involved in Hyouka's mysteries. That you don't find them relevant or interesting enough is on you and not on the series.

Yeah, but that's a Japanese thing in general, not a Gintama thing. :p Sakamoto's laugh is like an alien learned to laugh by reading comic books. AH HA HA HA HA.

We all know who the real alien who learned to laugh by reading is.

SN16s6a.gif

HA. HA. HAAA. HA HAAAAAAA. HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAA HAAA

Jarmel

Banned
So K-on would be better if they had to win a light music contest or their school would close down, right?

The music component is engrossing enough on its own. They try to write lyrics, create songs, have roadblocks, have concerts and other gigs, and other stuff. I would have liked a bit more training sequences where they practice more, but there is some significant effort put into the music side to make it somewhat engrossing. I think Beck did this better, but Beck was a much more serious look at trying to become a musician.

There are stakes involved in Hyouka's mysteries. That you don't find them relevant or interesting enough is on you and not on the series.

The earring episode had stakes? How about the one where Oreki is doing it just for his own curiosity?

cajunator

Banned
I'm personally a fan of when the princess-like character or the evil lady does that uppity deep laugh. You know. The OH HO HO HO HO HO HO while they raise the hand to the opposing cheek. But yes his laugh is pretty good too, everything in Gintama is.

Now that I'm listening more of his stuff, shit maybe.

Thats called an ojou-sama laugh.
one of the greatest things in anime tropism.

Toradora should've had a ghost version of that one tomboy goofy girl. Because she brought the whole show down and then it would've been a pattern with the author and ghosts.

Thats called an ojou-sama laugh.
one of the greatest things in anime tropism.

Lol there's a whole youtube channel with nothing but ojousama laughs

subscribed.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The music component is engrossing enough on its own. They try to write lyrics, create songs, have roadblocks, have concerts and other gigs, and other stuff. I would have liked a bit more training sequences where they practice more, but there is some significant effort put into the music side to make it somewhat engrossing. I think Beck did this better, but Beck was a much more serious look at trying to become a musician.
The whole point of K-ON was that they weren't practicing, but eating cake and drinking tea instead, and anime fans loved them for it.

zeroshiki

That's a pretty big misunderstanding as to what K-On is all about.

(As Hito just demonstrated above me)

The earring episode had stakes? How about the one where Oreki is doing it just for his own curiosity?

Yes? Not everything should be a matter of life and death.

Jarmel

Banned
The whole point of K-ON was that they weren't practicing, but eating cake and drinking tea instead, and anime fans loved them for it.

They did practice though and they did work on the music side. We see sleepovers before the festival concert, problems coming up with new lyrics as Mio just kept doing animal related stuff, Ritsu wanting to switch to a new instrument as she was getting tired of drums, Yui practicing on her own every now and then, and Azunyan giving out practice pointers.

Yes? Not everything should be a matter of life and death.

Stakes don't have to be out life and death, which is an extreme, but returning someone's earring isn't engrossing no matter how you cut it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They did practice though and they did work on the music side. We see sleepovers before the festival concert, problems coming up with new lyrics as Mio just kept doing animal related stuff, Ritsu wanting to switch to a new instrument as she was getting tired of drums, Yui practicing on her own every now and then, and Azunyan giving out practice pointers.
Noooooooo, don't do it. :(

I can't believe someone took the time to do that. lol

duckroll

You guys are crazy. I'm not going to read through 10+ pages. I thought the Superbowl was on. Isn't that supposed to reduce posting in all other threads? Not increase it? Wtf!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So basically you're content as long as a show throws you crumbs? Why doesn't Hyouka pass under this rubric?

cajunator

Banned
Toradora should've had a ghost version of that one tomboy goofy girl. Because she brought the whole show down and then it would've been a pattern with the author and ghosts.

Lol there's a whole youtube channel with nothing but ojousama laughs

subscribed.

ohh man. Linkkkkk please!

Is it weird that the ojou-sama laugh pisses me off and turns me on at the same time?

Its grating on the ears yet reflects the confident power of a typically very elegant and beautiful girl. So yes it makes perfect sense.

You guys are crazy. I'm not going to read through 10+ pages. I thought the Superbowl was on. Isn't that supposed to reduce posting in all other threads? Not increase it? Wtf!

Denver's loss has everyone festive, so naturally it's time to argue about Hyouka.

New threads garner a shit ton of traffic. I thought you knew this already.

Branduil

Azusa was baffled by the horrifying view—

"Just what is that? Is that thing—no—is she even human?"

"This is your task, Azusa." Ritsu held out one end of the chain and placed it in Azusa's small hand. "Make her talk, make her confess about her murder."

The pigtailed woman stood there, listening intently.

"Don't worry, if she wants to kill or make any sudden movement to you, the leash will tighten and slowly end her life. Or you just simply click the button here for the leash to work manually." Ritsu explained. "She's our biggest asset to solving the murder case that happened in the city recently, treat her well, yeah?"

The black-haired police beside Ritsu showed some administration paper from the jail the prisoner had been staying in to Azusa. It contained a photo and a little bit of information about the prisoner, except her name.

"Every three months we'll come and check up on you. If she shows good behavior, we'll take the chains off her, except for the leash," Ritsu cleared her throat, "Good luck, koneko-chan!"

Days went by, and now Hirasawa Yui—the prisoner—only still had the leash around her neck. This leash prevented her from doing anything harmful to Azusa. It was designed by the police, an automatic leash that was connected to the user's brain, torturing the user to death. Azusa had remained unharmed ever since. However, the prisoner remained passive around her, and Azusa was cornered about this simple yet never-ending case.

"I'm really sorry…I didn't mean it…"

Yui was aware that the leash was tightening around her neck by time she touched Azusa, but she didn't care. The woman was hurting because of her, and—she couldn't do anything. She was a prisoner, the subject and Azusa the detective who needed to solve the case.

"It is better for me not to say anything again…huh?"

Saki 20

Playing both EDs in the same episode? Are you running out of material to do? I mean it was a pool episode so I'm surprised you just didn't burn a couple minutes of pool antics or whatever.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't feel like it's really that deep, it's just obfuscated. The original LOST, if you will.

Eva is a good show but a lot of people misunderstand the reasons why.

I even laughed at the Christian symbolism as a teenager, but I still adore Eva as one of my GoaTs for what it does as an SF/psychological horror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom