• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
bhQv4GJ.jpg

HIGH SCHOOLER

moe~

Anohana 11 [END]

;_;........ T_T

Yup. A good cry was had.

While it was melodramatic at certain parts it didn't lessen the impact of that ending. It built everything towards this ending and of course pushed it's message, which to be honest I wasn't sure it had until these last few episodes. I love how simple messages, like for this show being about friendship, can evoke emotion out of people.

It was a good watch and I am glad I had the pleasure to watch it.

It is kind of weird hearing that from someone at Platinum games admittedly. If not Bayonetta then games like MGR, Wonderful 101, etc.

Anime's always been all over the place there. Then you get newer stuff like Bleach where some of them arguably look older than the adults they cast as teenagers in shows here.

Although they definitely skewed older looking back then. Just look at Dio above, isn't that when he's 12?

Age 17. At the beginning of the series he was 15 lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Anime's always been all over the place there. Then you get newer stuff like Bleach where some of them arguably look older than the adults they cast as teenagers in shows here.

Although they definitely skewed older looking back then. Just look at Dio above, isn't that when he's 12?
Dio isn't a good example, since it's from a work that's borderline homoerotic. ;)

Oh yeah, also Hikaru in Kimagure Orange Road and a bunch of other examples that may not have been brought to the states as efficiently.

Eusis

Age 17. At the beginning of the series he was 15 lol
Actually that looks like from before the timeskip TO 17, so he's 15/16 there.

Then there's Chad.
Dio isn't a good example, since it's from a work that's borderline homoerotic. ;)
Yeah, I can't argue with that admittedly. Every guy there looked like they were in their late teens at the youngest, then NO WAIT WE FLASH FORWARD TO 7 YEARS LATER where apparently their muscles are more like body wide tumors that went completely out of control.

cnet128

Banned
Jojo
The new JoJo is funny in his rudeness and super 80s style punk (and somehow all the girls and even his mom are infatuated with him).

In Part 2 we had Joseph
spying on his mother in the bath
, and now Jotaro's mom is infatuated with him... Truly an anime for the new incest-pandering generation! lol

Engaged to the Unidentified 5

Also: Mashiro has the best damn facial expression. Almost stealing the show.

"Almost"?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anohana 11 [END]
;_;........ T_T

Yup. A good cry was had.

While it was melodramatic at certain parts it didn't lessen the impact of that ending. It built everything towards this ending and of course pushed it's message, which to be honest I wasn't sure it had until these last few episodes. I love how simple messages, like for this show being about friendship, can evoke emotion out of people.

It was a good watch and I am glad I had the pleasure to watch it.

Time for the movie and Secret Base.

Okay. Gonna start Aquarion EVOL now. I know it's a sequel, but screw it, I've heard this one is better than the first and that it's okay to start here.

All right let's do this.

Time for the movie and Secret Base.

Think I might hold off on that for a few days. Let me recover from this one. I did watch it in 2 days after all.

Plus I still have a watch bet with Corvo to watch G Gundam. Also I wanted to watch some of these new shows popping up on CR.

And I promised Nintendoman I would watch TTGL. So... Yeah give me a few days.

Think I might hold off on that for a few days. Let me recover from this one. I did watch it in 2 days after all.

Plus I still have a watch bet with Corvo to watch G Gundam. Also I wanted to watch some of these new shows popping up on CR.

G Gundam is the superior Super Robot show.

Brain Base gods please adapt the Sensei ramen date and the Totsuka movie outing.

PLEASE.

Don't like the anime of this season? No problem, imagine better ones.

Title: Arsonist Slapped Me Like The Bitch I Am More Or Less
Genre: War-War-Adventure
Targetgroup: Josei
Studio: MAPPA
Episodes: 24

Original: Cardgame Adaption
Director: J.J. Abrams
Writer: Yoshiyuki Tomino, Natsuo Kirino
Sold BD/DVD: 955

Why do I get the weird ones?

April 7 - 13 sales:

http://www.someanithing.com/?p=1236

Updated Winter Vol.1 Rankings (not necessarily representative of long-term series sales due to possible ticket effects, etc.)

*3,671 *1 Nourin 2014/04/09 [BD/DVD]

Pleasantly please to see it break 3K.

I have a giant smile on my face every time I watch this show. Most surprising anime I've ever watched in my life. I heard it got critical acclaim, but I never expected it to blow up the way it did for me.

I don't like the look of this...

You should finish Angel Beats first. :p

I'll try and find a balance of some sort. I'm putting Gundam X on hold, because honestly, I'm 28 episodes in and I'm not exactly hooked. It's not horrendous, but damn it I want a mecha show with better characters.

BluWacky

Its not quite list worthy but it comes close.
I dont remember much of the original aquarion.

I remember virtually all of the original Aquarion; how many other mech anime give you:

i) an episode where every member of the cast has to pretend to be someone else;
ii) an episode about sex addiction;
iii) an episode entirely devoted to Satoru Utsunomiya's weird animation style, including the only instance of cel animated mecha in the whole show
iv) an episode that takes the piss (obliquely) out of Arjuna;

etc. etc. - plus all the silly gattai stuff that gets reused in Evol and so forth.

There was a reason we nicknamed it Aquaricrack on Animesuki at the time...

Steel Ball Run is the most homoerotic part of Jojo. And one of my favorite!

I love the fabulousness of Jojo. The colors, the manliness, the poses, the clothes...

I wonder how the Japanese old shonen fans dealt with it. Aren't Japanese known for being not exactly progressive in that regard? And I suppose shonen fans from 15 years ago weren't more open to he issue. For them is all totally straight?

Kurita

I love the fabulousness of Jojo. The colors, the manliness, the poses, the clothes...

I wonder how the Japanese old shonen fans dealt with it. Aren't Japanese known for being not exactly progressive in that regard? And I suppose shonen fans from 15 years ago weren't more open to he issue. For them is all totally straight?
Heh I think they're okay with it since it's one of the most popular shonen of all time, and is liked by all kind of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom