• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolverine prototype gameplay footage leaks (major spoilers)

Mr.Phoenix

I can easily judge an fps by looking how you strafe and how movement and gun mechanics… Maybe I like certain look and feel… Yes you can judge anything at anytime what are you even talking about??? You sound ridiculous….
Amongst other things, I am a graphic artist. And I can tell you this much, the most ridiculous thing anyone can say or do about a body of work... is that you can judge it and say what it will be by looking at what it is when its nothing but a sketch. This isn't alpha or even beta footage we are talking about. This is pre-production.

Let's just agree to disagree... the joke is on me to even be having this conversation with you.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
New slides and video I think.

Jean Grey is playable in 5 missions as per slide 16.

Last edited:
New slides and video I think.

Jean Grey is playable in 5 missions as per slide 16.

I'm genuinely saddened that I have to wait years for this to release. From the early footage I've seen I'm very impressed.

Me amongst the haters.

HiM1Hks.gif

simpatico

It seems like Logan can effortlessly put his claws straight into walls for climbing, but the baddies he fights just get cat scratched.

So I'm guessing you can do better then what's been shown?
well, I'm just gonna give one example:

in the stealth section. An enemy sees a body and says "Oh, we have a body over here"

Instead of just doing his "patrolling" maybe they say. " be careful and look up at the trees as well".

Then we se the enemies using their flashlights to illuminate the trees. mechanically speaking the player can be blinded for a second.

A little bit of variety and common sense.

in the stealth section. An enemy sees a body and says "Oh, we have a body over here"

Instead of just doing his "patrolling" maybe they say. " be careful and look up at the trees as well".

Then we se the enemies using their flashlights to illuminate the trees. mechanically speaking the player can be blinded for a second.

But you don't think this as to do with the fact this is a very early built !? What you said could be in the final game , which is over 2 years from now !?

But you don't think this as to do with the fact this is a very early built !? What you said could be in the final game , which is over 2 years from now !?
😱
look at your comments
What were they expecting ? A puzzle game? Tetris? Looks exactly how I thought a Wolverine game should be!
no one is expecting a puzzle game. But people are expecting something new, innovative, original, revolutionary. This just looks like "more of the same".
It's going to be fine for the normie/ mainstream crew. but the "sony game" criticism is just going to get stronger if they keep using the same formula.

So I'm guessing you can do better then what's been shown?
You made a question. I just answered...literally, you are asking for something that it WASN'T SHOWN.

😱
look at your comments

no one is expecting a puzzle game. But people are expecting something new, innovative, original, revolutionary. This just looks like "more of the same".
It's going to be fine for the normie/ mainstream crew. but the "sony game" criticism is just going to get stronger if they keep using the same formula.

You made a question. I just answered...literally, you are asking for something that it WASN'T SHOWN.
so you were expecting a beat em up game which is about Wolverine to reinvent the wheel?
I did look at my comments and basically saying its over 2 years away, should be enough to not judge the final product.
I asked you what would you do better and you said

and again, I say its over 2 years away....

so you were expecting a beat em up game which is about Wolverine to reinvent the wheel?
Yes.
I did look at my comments and basically saying its over 2 years away, should be enough to not judge the final product.
I asked you what would you do better and you said

and again, I say its over 2 years away....
You were the one asking for something better that it was shown. You cannot then say : 'its over 2 years away"

Your question implies that whats been shown, is as good as it gets.

Yes.

You were the one asking for something better that it was shown. You cannot then say : 'its over 2 years away"

Your question implies that whats been shown, is as good as it gets.
indeed the foundation is there , it doesn't mean the details you talked about wont be added in the final game.

That's nice that you are hopeful, but the footage doesn't inspire confidence in me.
looks like I was expecting for a Marvel beat em up , I'm expecting some cool ass set pieces , cool dismemberment and awesome graphics
almost 3 years aways....Im pretty sure they weren't ready to show anything for while

Last edited:

DeVeAn

Another unwanted 2nd character? Buzzkill. It’s one thing if the 2nd character is one people love but this ain’t it. Tired of it really.

WorldHero

This game will be absolutely amazing when it drops. A lot of people are exposing themselves in the comments because the X-Men Origins game was similar, yet managed to be incredible and this looks a lot better than that. Keep your head up Insomniac.

Would much prefer some fresh X-Men content over the same recycled Spiderman stuff.

What were they expecting ? A puzzle game? Tetris? Looks exactly how I thought a Wolverine game should be!
Don't be dense. People (including myself) were hoping for something that wasn't the cinematic third-person Sony template. Wolverine doesn't need stealth sections, or constant dialogue chatter where he talks to himself, a combat system that is too zoomed in where the player can't see the enemies behind them or even to the side of them, and a lack of complexity in the combat system. It's safe, generic, and it doesn't matter how pretty the game will be when the core of it is so bland.

Errr.... I really can't believe some of what I'm reading here. Please I implore you all if you're judging how you might feel about the game based on this leak you are making a mistake. It's disingenuous for me to think that people will ignore or not look at this stuff but it's the best thing to do if you think there is even a slight chance you might like this game when it comes out (I mean you felt like you would probably like the game before the leak).

This is Insomniac we're talking about here.

Last edited:

midnightAI

Loads of people here have played the final game so they can pass judgement I see.

Here is a tip for people judging this: don't

Any footage you have seen is likely footage showing how the game played at that time to internal teams, EVERYTHING is subject to change. Whether that's gameplay, camera position/fov, graphics, sound, story etc. None of this is supposed to be shown to the public, it is just part of the game making process.

Of course it will still be a third person action game with an over the shoulder view, but that was always going to be the case.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The polish isn't the issue. Most people can see the design direction they are taking. It's played out. Uninspired. And very unlikely to change.

This is stupid lol. No you can't see that. The console warriors are out in full nowadays, huh?

hyperbertha

This is stupid lol. No you can't see that. The console warriors are out in full nowadays, huh?
Shall I show you the many instances when xbox fanboys tried to 'out' me for being a ps fanboy?
Any reasonably smart person can see what the game is going to end up like. Not my fault your iq is < 40

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Shall I show you the many instances when xbox fanboys tried to 'out' me for being a ps fanboy?
Any reasonably smart person can see what the game is going to end up like. Not my fault your iq is < 40

My biggest issue with you (outside of judging a game 4 years early) is coming to a final conclusion on how inspiring it is. As if you know anything. Plus if it ends up being a mix of Batman: Arkham and God of War 2018, then we are in for a treat.

You're talking as if people didn't like those games.

tmlDan

😱
look at your comments

What would be innovative to you? I'm really worried some people are just fucking insane at this point.

hyperbertha

My biggest issue with you (outside of judging a game 4 years early) is coming to a final conclusion on how inspiring it is. As if you know anything. Plus if it ends up being a mix of Batman: Arkham and God of War 2018, then we are in for a treat.

You're talking as if people didn't like those games.
Ah moving goalposts as expected. Batman Arkham was great in 2009. The formula is played out. It's 2023. We are allowed to express disappointment at copycat outdated gameplay, no matter what Sony fanchilds feel.

mckmas8808

Ah moving goalposts as expected. Batman Arkham was great in 2009. The formula is played out. It's 2023. We are allowed to express disappointment at copycat outdated gameplay, no matter what Sony fanchilds feel.

Oh no! I wasn't moving the goalpost one inch! My issue with your post is obvious.

1. You're judging a game that's 4-5 years from release
2. You thinking you have the pulse on what gamers like

You can express whatever you like. But it's also okay for your opinion to be in the minority. We KNOW for sure your opinion is in the minority.

Top Bottom