• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolverine prototype gameplay footage leaks (major spoilers)

Puscifer

I swear to God developers need to retire fucking xray vision and come up with something more interesting/innovative for investigation scenes. If they can't then retire that mechanic.

It's in every fucking AAA game and it's so boring.
Seriously, I'm so sick of investigating shit. It made sense for Arkham because Batman is a literal detective but why can't Wolverine just sniff shit out and keep it moving?

Give me THIS

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I like the POV. I was hoping it wasn't gonna be completely over the shoulder 3rd person. Keep it up Insomniac!

ungalo

Damn, i actually hadn't seen the 2 minutes of combat gameplay.

I'm not even sure it's like God of War, looks more like Uncharted 4, holy shit what is that. So automated, and you can smell the button mashing from miles away.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
doesn't look great
Please be joking, please!

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

RickMasters

This thread is living proof of why prototype material should never be made public.

I can remember the shit people were saying in the GTA6 leak thread too.
Yeah I don’t think anybody should be looking at what amounts to test footage as a glimpse of the final game. It’s like looking at behind the scenes footage of movie. You really can’t tell what you are looking at.

That said…. The combat looks….. as I sort of margined it would look. I think it will play a bit like…… one button combos , with some movie style set peices to break things up. Like that boat sequence. I wonder how much the motorcycle will play into things? Will we be having road-rash style bike combat? Slashing enemies off their bikes n’ shit like that?

You can kind of tell what’s it’s gonna play like if you use a little imagination.

For the record, I expected it to play similarly to God of War and that's what it looks like to me. I was pretty right on the money.

It was never going to be anything like Ninja Gaiden 2. Team Ninja transitioned from making fighting games to making that. Just totally different styles.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
I have no reason to doubt that, but participating in a few threads and knowing what thousands of people want is a bit different. Why not just say it's what you want? No reason to be so dramatic.

I'm only going to regard the opinions in this discussion of the individuals that were actually willing to engage and participate in the discussion of the game.

Last edited:

Beechos

Really smart to have another playable character since that will break up the monotony of melee combat and open things up for the X-Men game with established gameplay.

All they have to do for X-Men is up the polygon count and add more playable characters.

X-Men ranked by popularity according to comic vine:

1. Wolverine
2. Cyclops
3. Jean Grey
4. Rogue
5. Gambit
6. Colossus
7. Nightcrawler
8. Beast
9. Angel
10. Iceman
11. Banshee
12. Storm

You obviously don't have to create each and every character, but the potential for an X-Men game is leaps and bounds beyond pretty much every other marvel property and some of these characters are easy to make, while some are going to be challenging.

If the game is on PS6 making it multiplayer makes a lot of sense too.
Wow surprised storm is so unpopular.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
I don't know if you realize this but.................the "NEOGAF" community also thought the Nintendo Wii would be a failure too.

You are deflecting the criticisms of your peers on this board. This discussion we're having is how Neogaf perceives all of this new information not the gaming community as a whole. I'm sure the majority are fine with what they're seeing hence your statement of God Of War selling more than Ninja Gaiden. I think God Of War selling more, has more to do with other things besides how they present their action combat.

Last edited:

midnightAI

For the record, I expected it to play similarly to God of War and that's what it looks like to me. I was pretty right on the money.

It was never going to be anything like Ninja Gaiden 2. Team Ninja transitioned from making fighting games to making that. Just totally different styles.
It's nothing like god of war, or is it just because it has melee combat with a weapon? Wolverine is MUCH more agile, God of War doesn't even have a jump button.

It's nothing like god of war, or is it just because it has melee combat with a weapon? Wolverine is MUCH more agile, God of War doesn't even have a jump button.
It looks very similar to GoW to me. Similar art style. Similar camera placement. Similar style of attacks transitioning into cool kill animations. Enemies hitting you in the back a lot in the video I saw like GoW. This is my impression of what I saw. We'll have to wait and see more. That's true about the jump button, but it seems like a minor thing really. When the camera is that close you're not really focused on jumping. The leaping kill is not that different mechanically from any Chain grab move for Kratos. I wouldn't compare it to Hellblade 2 yet since that seemed more limited, camera even closer, and mostly 1 on 1 duels. GoW is the closest thing I see for a quick reference.

It looks very similar to GoW to me. Similar art style. Similar camera placement. Similar style of attacks transitioning into cool kill animations. Enemies hitting you in the back a lot in the video I saw like GoW. This is my impression of what I saw. We'll have to wait and see more. That's true about the jump button, but it seems like a minor thing really. When the camera is that close you're not really focused on jumping. The leaping kill is not that different mechanically from any Chain grab move for Kratos. I wouldn't compare it to Hellblade 2 yet since that seemed more limited, camera even closer, and mostly 1 on 1 duels. GoW is the closest thing I see for a quick reference.

Every action game should strive to be like GoW

Wolverine

Hellblade

Even Pokemon

Top Bottom