• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman records boyfriend after getting shot by the Police on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Media

I never said he committed armed robbery I said there might be more to the story than one sides statement.

As I said before...

It seems there is always 'more to the story' when these shootings/killings occur. Perhaps we should be questioning the methods used that lead to loss of life instead of looking for dirt on victims.

On your edit: People are killed by criminals every day in America. Thats the reality of living in a country with gun rights. If we want to hold police to the lesser standards of criminals, I guess that can be part of the conversation.

I never said he committed armed robbery I said there might be more to the story than one sides statement.

We have a situation where a trigger happy cop pulled a gun and shot a father who was getting his wallet like ordered and informed the cop that he had a concealed carry weapon while his girlfriend and child were in the car. If he didn't have a license, what would that change? What if anything would change about this brutal shooting with more story?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

You cited an article which did.

He was in a car, with his seatbelt on, dying next to his GF, after volunteering information to the officer. Yeah, maybe he blinked rapidly and that spooked the officer.

OH, the "(THING) happened, where's the outrage!?!" trick.

I'm gonna say it, you're sounding like a typical White Supremacist and your stupid ass comments in this thread sort of confirms that.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far.I mean he is wrong but A white supremacist would sound much much worse

You cited an article which did.

He was in a car, with his seatbelt on, dying next to his GF, after volunteering information to the officer. Yeah, maybe he blinked rapidly and that spooked the officer.

I'm pointing out that everyone is going off of the live Facebook vid posted. How do we know it went down the way she said it did?

So the cop doesn't get a side to this story? That seems pretty unfair. You think the cop feels good about what he did?

rpmurphy

You should use your own brain to think if the additional information being presented is at all relevant to whether he deserved to be shot to death.

Police pull over the wrong people all the time, that is normal.

Take a deep breath, relax.

I don't blame him for getting angry when these are the exact same circles we run around in with every police brutality case

People in a situation like that will over extend the truth, I'm not saying she did or didn't. But the cop that did it also has a voice.

Over extend? The dude in question is dead. Either his death was justified or it wasn't. Either the cop was right to risk shooting any of the other passengers or he wasn't.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm pointing out that everyone is going off of the live Facebook vid posted. How do we know it went down the way she said it did?

So the cop doesn't get a side to this story? That seems pretty unfair. You think the cop feels good about what he did?

Because if he did go for his weapon, the officer sure as hell wouldn't have let her, or anyone there, sit there and stream from their phone. Or so audibly uncomposed.

And because everyone who actually knew this man, including friends, family, coworkers, and schoolchildren he interacted with on a daily basis, has confirmed that he was a good person.

And because so far everything she said about him being licensed has been corroborated by the press (the actual press, not whatever site you're using).

You want to talk about unfair? It's a man losing his life at the hands of a civil servant.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Because if he did go for his weapon, the officer sure as hell wouldn't have let her, or anyone there, sit there and stream from their phone. Or so audibly uncomposed.

And because everyone who actually knew this man, including friends, family, coworkers, and schoolchildren he interacted with on a daily basis, has confirmed that he was a good person.

And because so far everything she said about him being licensed has been corroborated by the press (the actual press, not whatever site you're using).
But maybe the person who could potentially suffer consequences for murdering him will have something to say that makes it all justified.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
People in a situation like that will over extend the truth, I'm not saying she did or didn't. But the cop that did it also has a voice.

You kind of are saying that by putting it out there. Of course the cop has a voice. He didn't die in this situation. He'll be able to explain himself to a judge. Dead guy won't, so why assume the worst about him and his family?

Sayter

Funny you should mention voice. Did you hear his voice? Him screaming when he said "I TOLD HIM TO KEEP HIS HANDS WHERE I COULD SEE THEM!!" As if you tell the good folks out there in Facebook land his side of the story.

Order

Man FUCK out of here with this bullshit. Why the fuck is it so hard to believe a woman who literally just witnessed her boyfriend die while their fucking DAUGHTER is in the car. Why are you so determined to slander the man's name?

Nobody gives a fuck how the cop feels. His scared ass is still alive while an innocent man is dead. And now people like you are trying their fucking hardest to find some dirt to ruin his name. Shit will never change and people like you are why.

You want to talk about unfair? It's a man losing his life at the hands of a civil servant.

And you know this how? Have you been in the situation the officer was in? You sure talk like you have but I know you haven't so don't speak for the officer in what he would have or wouldn't have done.

pgtl_10

Outtrigger888,

Are you one of those posters from the Voat forum that is anti-GAF? They to come in here to inject racism when they can.

Oersted

Im not dragging nothing, we haven't heard anything from the investigation. Black people get pulled over all the time but this one resulted in a death there might be more to the story.

A fucking child was shot and killed in Minneapolis today

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/07/08/north-mpls-shooting/

Where the fuck is the uproar. Where's the 1500 post thread?
If a cop killed the child there would be a outrage.

Yes, why did you not make that thread?

Yes, why do you use it to downplay murder by cop?

Yes, why do I have the feeling that you do not care about the child?

I find this ironic that your talking about the officer in question having a voice yet philando Castile no longer does considering this officer took it away. I do not know why your having a hard time with this. Is it because the officer killed an innocent man. Did it like break view of the world or something?

Barzul

ARE YPU FUCKING SERIOUS? That video was streamed live, he was literally bleeding out as she was talking. You think she had time to come up with a story to stretch the truth. Wtf is wrong with people like you. Would accepting that this cop fucked up just shatter your world view. You just linked to an article that insinuates that he is an armed robber. There is this thing called the second amendment, even if he did not have the permit to conceal carry they cop should be verifying that not killing him in front of his kid. How hard is this to accept for you? Is the cop somehow omniscient to where he knows that this guy is lying about his permit or something. What's the other side to this story that makes it reasonable? I'd actually like an answer to that if you have one.

If a cop killed the child there would be a outrage.

Of course, and rightfully so. And then there would be a smear campaign, if not against the child then against the child's parents, and then someone would enter the thread parroting falsities from the smear campaign. And when that person gets called out, they will get indignant while bringing up an unrelated incident in some pisspoor attempt to get people to stop talking about this incident in particular, for some wacky reason.

In my high school, the biggest bullies and racists were the ones who were wanting to go for the police academy as soon as possible.

Like bman94 said, the unchecked power. Goes right to their heads.

God... how horrific.

This guy was having a potluck at his workplace because it was his last day. His plan was to become an officer and in typical drunk fashion, he gave everyone a lecture about shooting higher than where we're at and being a good person. Then, when it was just a few people, he started to grope his soon to be ex-coworker. She pushed him away and stormed off. The look on his face? Creepy as fuck. This guy is probably almost done with the academy and well on his way to being an officer.

So yeah, being an officer seems to be really appealing to these types of people.

Opto

Banned
So outtrigger ignores the character statements, the actual registered firearm, the fact Philando didn't look like the suspects.

But maybe he reached for this gun tho.

Fucking just look at his name, the man's a conservative troll

Media

So outtrigger ignores the character statements, the actual registered firearm, the fact Philando didn't look like the suspects.

But maybe he reached for this gun tho.

Fucking just look at his name, the man's a conservative troll

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt in these situations, but ignoring all that is known to speculate and not responding to clarification on the actual facts is making me more inclined to believe he's a troll.

But perhaps we should wait for his side, there's more to the story here.

I wouldn't call a person that gets offended by the BET awards, complains about people from Chicago ruinning his state, and shitposts in a BLM protest thread, a troll.

This shit is everywhere. I'm white and I'm offended by BET. Feels racist to me, I also remember Jamie fox accepting an award and say black people are the best race or some shit and that bothered me.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107075678&postcount=17

A lot of people from Chicago are moving to Minneapolis and St. Paul. This state is going to shit.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151546772&postcount=106

The protesters were throwing moltovs into the police yard. Non violent? Everything about the situation is completely fucked.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186581261&postcount=74

I wouldn't call a person that gets offended by the BET awards, complains about people from Chicago ruinning his state, and shitposts in a BLM protest thread, a troll.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107075678&postcount=17

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151546772&postcount=106

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186581261&postcount=74

I love the "i'm offended by BET" shit.

As if the hundreds of other fucking channels are basically White Entertainment Television.

Like I said earlier, White Supremacist talking points.

You know, used to when a poster like Outtrigger would get exposed I would feel some sort of vindication. Now, it's like I'm numb to it. It makes me sad to see that these opinions exist, and I know that they have been around forever, it's just.... It's never going to stop is it? World going one way, people another I suppose. Fuck, I don't even know if I'm making any sense. You know that feeling when you want to step up, but there's nothing you can say or nothing you can do? Just sit and be fucking helpless against this problem that appears to be getting bigger. It's depressing.

FyreWulff

888 is also a white supremacist code number.

Just FYI. It's code for basically saying "Heil Hitler" and "KKK" at once. (88 = Heil Hitler, 11 = K, 88 x 11 = 888)

edit: I know the actual math is wrong, I'm just recalling their explanation. just FYI.

zoukka

You know, used to when a poster like Outtrigger would get exposed I would feel some sort of vindication. Now, it's like I'm numb to it. It makes me sad to see that these opinions exist, and I know that they have been around forever, it's just.... It's never going to stop is it? World going one way, people another I suppose. Fuck, I don't even know if I'm making any sense. You know that feeling when you want to step up, but there's nothing you can say or nothing you can do? Just sit and be fucking helpless against this problem that appears to be getting bigger. It's depressing.

It's not any easier in europe bro. Flames of violence and hate spreading up every day.

FyreWulff

That's 88 (HH when converting letters to numbers, or Heil Hitler), though I wouldn't be surprised if the 888 was a reference to that.

88 is the base version. 888 is another form of it. Hells Angels like/use 81.

the rough equivalent would be like if 88 was "fucker" and 888 is "motherfucker".

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
888 is also a white supremacist code number.

Just FYI. It's code for basically saying "Heil Hitler" and "KKK" at once. (88 = Heil Hitler, 11 = K, 88 x 11 = 888)

Wow, I would have not known that (I mean dude was obviously racist, but still)

FyreWulff

*Citation needed*

88 is well documented, 888 is very recent, but the whole things about these groups is they like to be secretive and coded about what they do.

You get 88 and 1% and all that shit down pat and 5 years later they have a new group of slang and codewording (that I'm not willing to repeat here) you have to chase around. It's part of the frustration of dealing with these type of people online because people don't see it happening due to the heavy use of dogwhistles, code, and white supremacist literature literally being copy-pasted and then (for example) being intentionally gild-bombed by organized supremacists on reddit because people blindly upvote anything gilded. They're super trained to not say what they want to directly because it's how they skirt around being caught out on audits, transcripts, etc

Either way, we've pulled this a bit off topic. I just saw the number and jumped on the audit posts with something I've dealt with. Not much more to offer.

reckless

88 is well documented, 888 is very recent, but the whole things about these groups is they like to be secretive and coded about what they do.

You get 88 and 1% and all that shit down pat and 5 years later they have a new group of slang and codewording (that I'm not willing to repeat here) you have to chase around. It's part of the frustration of dealing with these type of people online because people don't see it happening due to the heavy use of dogwhistles, code, and white supremacist literally being copy-pasted and then (for example) being intentionally gild-bombed by organized supremacists on reddit because people blindly upvote anything gilded.

I mean 888's wikipedia page says the meaning as Jesus or good fortune. Seems a lot more likely then some really obscure racist thing.

FyreWulff

I mean 888's wikipedia page says the meaning as Jesus or good fortune. Seems a lot more likely then some really obscure racist thing.

Yes, it is. Also in Chinese culture and others. It's also a generic area code. I'm going off the context of the poster's content, here, however. I know the Dragon 88 restaurant down the road isn't a white supremacist organization building.

Yes, it is. Also in Chinese culture and others. It's also a generic area code. I'm going off the context of the poster's content, here, however. I know the Dragon 88 restaurant down the road isn't a white supremacist organization building.
You seem to be talking out of your asshole my friend.

NastyBook

"There's probably more to this story" posts in these types of threads always make me want to punch the posters themselves right in their fucking faces. It's way too obvious what it really means at this point.

"There's probably more to this story" posts in these types of threads always make me want to punch the posters themselves right in their fucking faces. It's way too obvious what it really means at this point.

It's always so blatant. From Eric Garner to Tamir Rice to now Castile the dead always have to explain themselves and convince people that they were worth staying alive while the people with the power to kill are never questioned for their behavior.

Finally built up enough strength and watched the video. I'm stricken by how pathetic and panicked the officer sounds. This man is supposed to be a professional but he's so fearful of these black people with their child who he was told were following the letter of the law. I've got no idea what they're teaching these cops about minorities in their departments but what ever it is seems to be potent enough to make them wet their pants with fear before an interaction even starts.

Nivash

Finally built up enough strength and watched the video. I'm stricken by how pathetic and panicked the officer sounds. This man is supposed to be a professional but he's so fearful of these black people with their child who he was told were following the letter of the law. I've got no idea what they're teaching these cops about minorities in their departments but what ever it is seems to be potent enough to make them wet their pants with fear before an interaction even starts.

From the videos I've seen of shootings like this, the officer panicking seems to be the unifying theme for most. US police departments seriously need to screen and train their officers to a much greater extent than they do, some of these people are clearly not competent enough to carry weapons. But that would cost money so of course they don't. That, and US officers having to assume that everyone is armed because guns are everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom