• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wordle |OT| Daily Word Game | Share Your Scores

DelireMan7

Wordle 221 6/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Chaotic ride xD.
I just couldn't find any words (non native speaker). I had only 3 letters and the positions of the second and third. But I couldn't find any letters that go for them.
So I wanted to gave up on my last try and typed random letters when I suddenly had the revelation of which letter could be the first. Then I came up with this word that was the only one I knew which include the 3 letters I had, even so I didn't know the meaning of it xD

Kuranghi

Wordle 221 4/6

🟨⬛🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟨🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ao2wD6n_700bwp.webp

"Sugoi! Sugoi! Sugoi! SUGOI!"

*planes get dragged off side of ship by giant cable*

Yeah that one just drove me mad, you can feel the depression in that message.

I had to go and look what this hardcore mode is. Turns out I've been doing it all along without selecting the option. It seems the most efficient way to play to me?
Not playing by hardcore makes it easier to not fail, as you can "waste" tries on simply eliminating letters. Like you can start every round with "sepia" and "youth" and cover all vowels regardless of whether you get any hits. With hardcore you're forced to integrate any revealed hints into the next words, so it forces you to change your approach and may lock you into working with only a few letters at a time across many possible options, like with this last word if you managed to only guess the three last letters.

acidagfc

I had to go and look what this hardcore mode is. Turns out I've been doing it all along without selecting the option. It seems the most efficient way to play to me?
Sometimes there are too many possible permutations and not using letters you already guessed can help elimininate wrong ones. My todays failure could have been avoided this way. I don't even have hc mode selected, I was just stubborn.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Hardcore is easier for me as it limits potential options. The key is just eliminating vowels and as many common letters as possible before you get too many correct. Playing HC overall has reduced my number of attempts.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Hardcore is easier for me as it limits potential options. The key is just eliminating vowels and as many common letters as possible before you get too many correct. Playing HC overall has reduced my number of attempts.
This is my thought as well, I just like to have the option to spam a word if desperate. Knowing that there IS A CORRECT WORD, and so far they have not been totally obscure words, means I'm hunting for a word that fits the hardcore rules and that sometimes nets me the win by accident because I thought harder and didn't just spam a word I knew wasn't the correct one.

Since there really isn't any way to infer the word without revealing letters, picking words against hardcore rules doesn't really help you, it just wastes a guess. I find the best way to play this game is to try to figure out the word sound (i.e it ends in -ach or starts with sh-) as that greatly enhances me ability to figure out the word. So spamming a word I know doesn't fit can help with that, but I can often find a HC acceptable word if I think, and that might be the correct word after all.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Wordle 222 4/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

. . . some of these are getting stupid. My first guess was a goof, and the second too (what're you going to do with one letter, honestly). The third I was sure I had and was kind of bummed that it was over so soon, and the actual answer was just anti-climactic.

Top Bottom