• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wordle |OT| Daily Word Game | Share Your Scores

jaysius

Banned
Wordle 219 6/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
⬛🟨⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟨🟨🟩⬛
🟨⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That one was rough. I knew the letter placement, but sometimes I just jettison tries into the sun to get other letters or disqualify them, it worked out this time.

I tried Lewdle but after they used the word "Semen" I was completely done, they don't understand that semen isn't a lewd word? What are they 5?

Last edited:

Miles708

found it, didn't even know it was a word, lmao.
Firts and last letters are:
K and L

Last edited:
Wordle 220 5/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Had to do a loser guess #4 to work it out.
While working on the puzzle I was also researching keto diets on the other screen... you'd think SUGAR would have popped into mind easily but nope.

I think in order to keep it fresh I'm going to start using the previous day's word as first guess. It's sure to lead to some disastrous starts though.

Last edited:

T-Cake

I think in order to keep it fresh I'm going to start using the previous day's word as first guess. It's sure to lead to some disastrous starts though.

That's what happened to me this morning - I deviated away from my usual starter word and ended up in a pickle. If I had gone with my normal word, I would have had three letters straight away and probably not struggled as much. :D

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: TLZ

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wordle 220 5/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Had to do a loser guess #4 to work it out.
While working on the puzzle I was also researching keto diets on the other screen... you'd think SUGAR would have popped into mind easily but nope.

I've thought of doing the same, but in cases where the word had double letters it feels a bit wasteful. And I guess that logically the best word to start with is one that contains as many as possible of the most common letters.

Last edited:
I've thought of doing the same, but in cases where the word had double letters it feels a bit wasteful. And I guess that logically the best word to start with is one that contains as many as possible of the most common letters.
Sure, it's just boring. I've been using mostly decent starting words focusing on getting a lot of that classic Wheel of Fortune RSTLNE in there... but logically you should start with the very best starting word. Which means using the same starting word every single day. Which would get really boring.

Plus, the ESL crowd is kind of killing it. As a native English speaker, I should at least try to handicap myself a little.

One annoying bit about this game is it runs off your local clock. I guess it's nice that you know the new puzzle is up at midnight, but on US Pacific time you just feel way behind players on the other side of the Atlantic.

TLZ

Banned
Wordle 221 4/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Keep on truckin'
Kinda looks like a truck.

think paul scheer GIF by gethardshow

Top Bottom