• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Workers Share Bobby Kotick Horror Stories After He Finally Leaves Activision Blizzard

Porticus

This guy seems like a massive hack, who reminds me of all those youtubers that worked for Google, Microsoft or Apple for a year, couldn't keep up, and left to become "Youtubers" and keep giving out tech advice.

It really sounds like is the case with this guy.

Dr_Ifto

I havent been at a tech company where the CEO wasnt a piece of shit. Is what it is. Their job is to serve the board, and make money. He did a damn good job of it. Hate him all you want.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
I have worked with and still work with people like this. Just a blinding hatred for any authority figure. Literally anything said or done by management or the executive team will be spun to be bigger than it is and as negative as possible.

My favourite this last year was when our new Head of People and Culture put up decorations and organized morning tea for Christmas, a group of negative cunts emailed our CEO saying that it was a "Hostile environment for people who dont celebrate Christmas". The hilarious part is all people who complained are white people who were born and raised here in NZ. We have over half our staff who are either asian and/or Muslim and none of them had a problem with any of it.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I have worked with and still work with people like this. Just a blinding hatred for any authority figure. Literally anything said or done by management or the executive team will be spun to be bigger than it is and as negative as possible.

My favourite this last year was when our new Head of People and Culture put up decorations and organized morning tea for Christmas, a group of negative cunts emailed our CEO saying that it was a "Hostile environment for people who dont celebrate Christmas". The hilarious part is all people who complained are white people who were born and raised here in NZ. We have over half our staff who are either asian and/or Muslim and none of them had a problem with any of it.

Man...how do these people actually manage to...breathe I'll never know.

What a miserable existence, imagine being angry and finding everything offensive all the time.

I just can't anymore

Reaseru

I don't like B. Kotick, and always thought the man is a prick but now that he is gone from Activision, he has what we say in my country "large back" (as someone back)...meaning, that for some whatever reason, he is blamed and criticized for anything bad or hideous that happened and still happens inside the company.

It's easier this way for others within Activision to run away from their responsibilities.

Which Avengers are we talking about, Kurotri?

DmlemAp.jpg
how high wtf GIF

DryvBy

All of this reminds me of the Key and Peele skit where they kept looking over their shoulders to tough guy each other by bad nothing their wives. If someone can post it for reference because I can't find it.

Cyberpunkd

I guy who respects his workforce and someone who is well liked unlike Bobby.
Was this about Phil? Because he is failing at his job, and Bobby was probably the best in class at exactly the same job. I suggest you try being a manager or a boss for a while, you will then see what sort of pressure you are facing to deliver results while a majority / a large part of your employees just wants to flow from one day to the other.
He'll be gone soon.

Major career limiting move to badmouth bosses, especially publicly on social media to boot too! Doesn't matter if the boss is gone. All current bosses know they got a troublemaker on their hands.
Bingo. He will be universally praised by his co-workers and juniors, and all management will keep silent. Then as a regular vetting process with recruitment they will check his social media posts and find this. This will be end of such process.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Bingo. He will be universally praised by his co-workers and juniors, and all management will keep silent. Then as a regular vetting process with recruitment they will check his social media posts and find this. This will be end of such process.
Yup.

Social media just made annual performance calibration so much easier..... well, except for the direct boss of said employees who the other managers will laugh at. lol

I guy who respects his workforce and someone who is well liked unlike Bobby.
That's not my personal problem. His workforce deliver's poor products that people don't want to buy. I respect a guy who delivers consistent results and returns value to his organization/shareholders. Activision employees are huge benefactors of Bobby and it shows on their RSU returns under his leadership. There's a reason why a majority stayed on despite the whiners. The guy knew how to make them all money and he did so well.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
What a surprise. Guy who made all franchises under Activision blizzard into shit turned out to be shitty as well.

Hopefully, this changes games for better, but Ms executives don't have the best track record either.

Also, lol at the billionaire defense force.

Lol at the "someone's net worth influences my judgement of their strategic decisions" defense force.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I bet the dude is still calling it Twitter ..

Every one should. I view people differently when they call it "X" and then it's weird when someone says Twitter. Like..........um.....yes it's still Twitter. Elon changed the logo, big deal. It's still just Twitter.

Killer8

Got to love how some are saying that Kotick is getting 'dunked on'. Let's face it, you aren't dunking on anyone with hundreds of millions of dollars to his name. He's sailing off into the sunset on his yacht, without a care for any of this. Meanwhile these game devs are eating last night's leftovers in their office cubicle during their next round of crunch, just under a ghoul with a different name.

Chiggs

Got to love how some are saying that Kotick is getting 'dunked on'. Let's face it, you aren't dunking on anyone with hundreds of millions of dollars to his name. He's sailing off into the sunset on his yacht, without a care for any of this. Meanwhile these game devs are eating last night's leftovers in their office cubicle during their next round of crunch, just under a ghoul with a different name.

Reality, in all its sobering glory.

Allandor

Reminds me about many people in this forum who always want to make anything negative if their opinion about a game or console does not match 100% with yours OO
people really need to relax more in their opinions and accept others if those don't harm other living beings.

but well ... a CEO of a big company is most likely an unlikeable person for many others. Many of those are psychopaths, without beeing one, most couldn't handle the stress.

SkylineRKR

Kotick is probably a piece of shit but these examples are yet again by very typical people.

And one of them asking for his resignation after being on board approx 2 weeks? I hate those kind of wiseguys actually, shut the fuck up when you're just getting started.

And fucking up future career moves with their five-minutes-of-online-clout social media "callouts". You go girl and all that, meanwhile anyone even considering hiring or promoting you in the future will be seeing this and probably reconsider quietly.

By no means does that mean Kotick isn't a shithead but boy, these people really don't know how to play the system they're cogs in. Who LIKES their fucking boss?

Chukhopops

Why are there suddently people defending this sack of shit ?
I don’t understand it either. I don’t see how it’s possible to read about the ABK / California case and think “yeah that sounds like normal, justifiable behavior that a CEO should fight to defend and maintain”.

Sentenza

Why are there suddently people defending this sack of shit ?
Because you don't need to like the man (or even agree with him to any degree) to be able to sniff that there's some stinky bullshit being fling around here.

"He once hyperbolically said to his assistent that he'd kill her after some fuck up"
or
"He forced us to moderate the mean Steam forums without some massive emotional support"

is a bunch of fucking nothing, EVEN if most of us would probably agree that Kotick is generally speaking a piece a crap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom