• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Workers Share Bobby Kotick Horror Stories After He Finally Leaves Activision Blizzard

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
If it was that serious, it wouldnt be solved with an out of court settlement because nothing would stop Bobby from still getting her killed.

I'm pretty sure my coworkers or bosses have been riled up in meetings and have said he/she is going to kick the crap out of my me if I didn't finish a task. It's tongue and cheek and not meant to be literal. If the person really thinks Bobby K serious about killing her by leaving a voice message, she's got to be the dumbest person around.

Just to show Bobby and Co's antics arent even that serious, you still got all these people working there for years. If it's such a bad company then quit and stop being oppressed by Activision's bad corporate culture.

Seems you know it all already!

WitchHunter

Banned
But we don't support those greedy businessmen either, we better support talented studios like Vanillaware, Larian or those that do have good intentions with the players.
Sure, support a dbag company that spent years in early access and released a half done shit - that is bg3 - with an even shittier combat system. You believe in fairy tales my pedigree chum.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
What a surprise. Guy who made all franchises under Activision blizzard into shit turned out to be shitty as well.

Hopefully, this changes games for better, but Ms executives don't have the best track record either.

Also, lol at the billionaire defense force.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
If it was that serious, it wouldnt be solved with an out of court settlement because nothing would stop Bobby from still getting her killed.

I'm pretty sure my coworkers or bosses have been riled up in meetings and have said he/she is going to kick the crap out of my me if I didn't finish a task. It's tongue and cheek and not meant to be literal. If the person really thinks Bobby K serious about killing her by leaving a voice message, she's got to be the dumbest person around.

Just to show Bobby and Co's antics arent even that serious, you still got all these people working there for years. If it's such a bad company then quit and stop being oppressed by Activision's bad corporate culture.
I am afraid… people cannot tell their fantasies away from reality…

Ogbert

A bunch of blue haired pronoun bellends.

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Soodanim

Gold Member
I really want details about Bobby threatening to kill someone. I need proper context, because that's a quite the accusation to throw out willy nilly.

I'm not going to join the Bobby defence force, but the claims put forth are spurious.

Red5

Then go to Venezuela you clown.

I can also say come to my country where it's governed by a completely unregulated free market and divided up by Oligarchs who basically emptied all state assets and most people have to rely on local crime lords for electricity and water.

Ogbert

Please stop embarrassing yourself. This is capitalism. Everything you buy or support, is in some manner tarnished. You can’t have morals in a capitalist society.
It is capitalism. And every single one of those developers has a choice as to whether or not they want to work for Blizzard.

It’s like sticking your finger up your bum and then complaining it smells of shit.

I realise now that this is a transphobia thread, but it's not difficult to find other sources.

Oh, wow they found something from 16 years ago where Bobby even apologised later :messenger_tears_of_joy: It is fascinating how people believe in stuff happened 16 years but whatever is happening today (with photo proofs) is fake.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Oh, wow they found something from 16 years ago where Bobby even apologised later :messenger_tears_of_joy: It is fascinating how people believe in stuff happened 16 years but whatever is happening today (with photo proofs) is fake.

I don't know what you're talking about, but the guy threatened a subordinate and thought it was serious enough that rather than seeking to have the employees grievance dismissed by court, paid up to make it go away.

And that's the guy you're sticking up for 😂😂😂😂😂

diffusionx

Gold Member
Guys sounds like an absolute treasure and prick. No matter what people think of him though, he got shit done. They are going to miss him and the next person in charge is going to struggle. Just look at most Xbox studious now and the lack of production.

Did Activsion not have a real HR department or something? You can't go around threatening to kill people, no matter your position.

Nerd alert. Reminds me of what happened to the Empire in Star Wars when the Emperor died. The empire fell apart without the strict guiding hand and single voice steering the ship. Activision will not be the same juggernaught.
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that Bobby did not threaten to kill anyone in that meeting and the person making this accusation is lying.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Have said this in other threads but when Acti was recruiting Ybarra he told me Kotick used their helicopter to travel everywhere even just a few minutes to go to lunch as long as he could avoid sitting in traffic

Drizzlehell

Banned
Bobby Kotick is a dick. But please take everything anyone on twitter says with a grain of salt.

Especially from men who think they have PMS/periods.

rDDg7EO.png

This guy is COOKED.

From his tumblr:

it’s a strange thing to go from experiencing no PMS ever to all of a sudden being brutalized by it

it’s not that i didn’t believe people’s experiences of it - of course i did. but good lord experiencing it in first person is beyond anything i’d imagined

People need to stop indulging/amplifying/encouraging mental instability.
Obviously you don't get how GAF works. If a criticism comes from the mouth of someone who's part of the alphabet people, then suddenly the person being criticised is a martyr saint, even if it's someone as horrible as Kotick.

There is no place for nuance. The message is just as unhinged and one-sided, only on the opposite end of the spectrum from the ultra-liberal wokies.

So Bobby has sailed off on his golden parachute with a grin from ear to ear and the left feels like they won some kind of victory? The dude is rich beyond our wildest dreams. These people need to step in to reality for a sec and just stop talking.

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member

So we have someone being threatened, a legit concern (if it happened) and a dude whining that his team may be exposed to mean words. JFC.

Seeing a lot of the words from Blizzard devs and... No wonder the company has gone to the shitter. So many mentally deranged/challenged individuals working for the company these days.

Last edited:
"millions you didn't earn"

Can't say this enough - he bought the name and built a titan out of nothing. Absolute industry visionary (even if you don't like his vision, and I probably don't).

Bobby Kotick is many things, but an undeserving millionaire he is not.
I wonder how they explain his 30 years as head of the company. That Warcraft guy would probably say "dude capitalism bad", as his salary is paid by subscribers.

Top Bottom