• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Workers Share Bobby Kotick Horror Stories After He Finally Leaves Activision Blizzard

Lions Gate

so many red flags

Fnopqr7.jpg

Joramun

Bobby Kotick is a dick. But please take everything anyone on twitter says with a grain of salt.

Especially from men who think they have PMS/periods.

rDDg7EO.png

This guy is COOKED.

From his tumblr:

it’s a strange thing to go from experiencing no PMS ever to all of a sudden being brutalized by it

it’s not that i didn’t believe people’s experiences of it - of course i did. but good lord experiencing it in first person is beyond anything i’d imagined

People need to stop indulging/amplifying/encouraging mental instability.

Bunch of whiners lol. It’s a job, if you don’t like it, leave. They didn’t leave but instead stayed to suck the teet of Activision and pay their bills. Now that he left, you wanna talk all macho. Personally, if I were the one taking over after Bobby, I’d let go of those who speak out. You know they’re just going to be troublemakers. Someone else said it best, the life of a coward.

Lions Gate

Bobby Kotick is a dick. But please take everything anyone on twitter says with a grain of salt.

rDDg7EO.png

This guy is COOKED.

From his tumblr:

it’s a strange thing to go from experiencing no PMS ever to all of a sudden being brutalized by it

it’s not that i didn’t believe people’s experiences of it - of course i did. but good lord experiencing it in first person is beyond anything i’d imagined

that's a dude?

Shocked The Last Of Us GIF by PlayStation

reinking

Gold Member
Why are so many people defending Kotick? I think most agree that Acti-Blizz had some real issues. Prior to the MS acquisition people were calling for him to be fired.

rDDg7EO.png

This guy is COOKED.

From his tumblr:

Who wouldn't want this person as a colleague?
UWYKStg.jpg

Mister Wolf

rDDg7EO.png

This guy is COOKED.

From his tumblr:

Never cater to the delusions of the mentally ill.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If people dont like working at a company and hate the CEO, then quit. Find another job. I quit my past job for my current job because I didn;t like my boss. Doesn't seem hard to me to get another job. Just brush up the resume, do interviews while calling in sick and go to the other company in 2-3 weeks.

But just like companies following the money selling as much product as possible, whiney people are no different. They stick around for a pay cheque.

So you can see both commoner and company put money over ethics.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
so many red flags

Fnopqr7.jpg
Vancouver BC is another red flag. Compared to the rest of Canada, if you want to go to the province whose the biggest into drugs, head west. And compared to every other worker in various provinces I've worked with for over 20 years they are always the loudest, while the people in the Calgary, Montreal and Halifax are always chill.

One thing I've noticed is that the people working in the Maritimes are consistently the most chill and friendly coworkers.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I dunno, they come across as woke, overly sensitive snowflakes.

No, no, the CEO of this billion dollar company literally wants to have an employee assassinated but this brave person stood up in front of a group of 200 of his peers and prevented this senseless violence.

You know, because Activision is pretty much run like Arasaka where employees just get straight up murdered if they mess up.

Last edited:

Drake

C-levels really are the worst. Look, I'm not someone who gonna take a dig at our current economic system, because I think it's the best, but you have the keep these mother fuckers at the top level in check. I work for a software company where the CEO wanted to put tracking software on everyone's laptop. There was literally an employee revolt with people directly calling out the CEO in an all-hands. Finally the CEO/HR had to put their tail between their legs and reverse the decision about the software. It was glorious.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Poor taste and if they're still working there (and if they're not then again why wait until he's gone) red flag for any future bosses anyway.

Anyway, wasn't there some potential crime/scandal involving Activision Blizzard then it was just forgotten over the MS buyout or what?

Edit: ok yeah harassment stuff he was supposedly aware of, there were staff walkouts and stuff, MS was like well we probably won't keep him if we buyout, but I guess things were forgotten over that and eventually they were openly talking about their good collaboration/keeping him on for a bit.

Last edited:

Pejo

Boy it's like a race to the bottom to see who I could like less. A/B employees or Kotick.

Not that Bobby is unable to defend himself of the allegations or anything, but I liken this information to people that wait until somebody dies to start airing their grievances with them. Cowardly and self serving.

Bobby leaves with a dignified farewell letter... and the pronoun cult comes out like cowardice vipers. Shows a contrasts in the character of these people and between this and the Insomniac DEI thread, western gaming has a massive problem.
Unfortunately it's a problem that may never get fixed. We're on the precipice of western gaming as we use to know it, dying. I would say that this is the beginning if it was but we're long past that.

What makes it worse is that someone interviewed these people and thought they were right for the job. So as long as the people who are involved in the hiring process continue to work in video game development. Things like this will never change.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Guys sounds like an absolute treasure and prick. No matter what people think of him though, he got shit done. They are going to miss him and the next person in charge is going to struggle. Just look at most Xbox studious now and the lack of production.

Did Activsion not have a real HR department or something? You can't go around threatening to kill people, no matter your position.

Nerd alert. Reminds me of what happened to the Empire in Star Wars when the Emperor died. The empire fell apart without the strict guiding hand and single voice steering the ship. Activision will not be the same juggernaught.

elco

You can't go around threatening to kill people, no matter your position.
Any deets on the threat? Judging the accuser just on their hair color alone, I have my doubts whether most people would agree that this was a threat. According to the community this person likely comes from, me not wanting their agenda pushed in my entertainment necessarily means that I'm for genocide of their people.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Any deets on the threat? Judging the accuser just on their hair color alone, I have my doubts whether most people would agree that this was a threat. According to the community this person likely comes from, me not wanting their agenda pushed in my entertainment necessarily means that I'm for genocide of their people.
From his massive list of attention whoring social media links. Twitch pic. Who would believe this person saying Bobby Kotick made an employee death threat? LOL

If the threat was real and someone is minutes away from getting whacked by Bobby's hitmen, go call the cops.

ErFaIEs.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Who would believe this person saying Bobby Kotick made an employee death threat?

I realise now that this is a transphobia thread, but it's not difficult to find other sources.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I realise now that this is a transphobia thread, but it's not difficult to find other sources.

“Mr. Kotick quickly apologized 16 years ago for the obviously hyperbolic and inappropriate voice mail, and he deeply regrets the exaggeration and tone in his voice mail to this day,” an Activision spokeswoman told the Journal.
If it was that serious, it wouldnt be solved with an out of court settlement because nothing would stop Bobby from still getting her killed.

I'm pretty sure my coworkers or bosses have been riled up in meetings and have said he/she is going to kick the crap out of my me if I didn't finish a task. It's tongue and cheek and not meant to be literal. If the person really thinks Bobby K serious about killing her by leaving a voice message, she's got to be the dumbest person around.

Just to show Bobby and Co's antics arent even that serious, you still got all these people working there for years. If it's such a bad company then quit and stop being oppressed by Activision's bad corporate culture.

Top Bottom