• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Yeah I stopped using Thottbot when they were sold to IGE or whoever it is. One part because of that effect, the other because Wowhead is far superior in their comments and quest locations - instead of a line of kids complaining about something, there's just people saying "yep it's here at such-and-such co-ords, look for the blah blah"

Buggy Loop

Isnt allakhazam also owned by IGE? Been using that site for years and years with EQ, FFXI & WoW, i remember there was a fuss during ffxi when it was sold to IGE i think.

I really doubt there's account hackings from them... are there?

speedpop

I don't know. I've never known for someone I played with personally to get keylogged. A friend of mine said his was gone, but I think he was just making shit up.

border

Been using Thottbot for years, never picked up any keyloggers. Never even heard of their site having keylogger issues.

You realize that IGE or some shell company of theirs owns basically every WoW-resource site around, right? You aren't sidestepping anything by going to WoWHead.

There was a very short time, we're talking a day, maybe even hours where advertisements on thottbot had dodgy stuff going on with them. They were quickly removed. That must have been over 2 years ago though.

FF_VIII said:
Ok, ditched my Priest (for now) and I'm gonna re-roll Warlock.

They better still be horrendously overpowered! :D

This is a weighted nerf in 2.2, and like all weighted nerfs, it's the extreme end of the spectrum that instigated the nerf in the first place that suffers the least. The new 70 Shadow Priests are the ones who will notice the drop in DPS. You'll do fine after you hit 700+ Shadow damage and 100 Res.

Finally started again, this time as an Orc Warrior. Lev 20 at the moment.

Is it true that they made the shoulders of the orcs smaller? If so, how lame is that?

Before hitting lev 20 I went to Warsong and man, those people their with their pvp twinks are insane. They regurarly killed me with 3 hits with their enchanted weapons. That's not fun there for normal players with normal lev 19 gear, it's just stupid.

speedpop

TerryLee81 said:
Finally started again, this time as an Orc Warrior. Lev 20 at the moment.

Is it true that they made the shoulders of the orcs smaller? If so, how lame is that?

Before hitting lev 20 I went to Warsong and man, those people their with their pvp twinks are insane. They regurarly killed me with 3 hits with their enchanted weapons. That's not fun there for normal players with normal lev 19 gear, it's just stupid.
Orc shoulders were a bug from the last patch. They've been fixed (and some suggest are slightly bigger than before) for 2.2 patch.

As for the twinks.. I had my fair share of them with my Orc Warrior back in 10-19. All I did was run around in Defensive stance and Disarm the ones who had the best enchants on them. They didn't like it very much after awhile because a Rogue who can't hit is as good as dead if focus-fired on.

Actually I remember a thing we did way back before BC was released and were bored with our mains. I remembered a video I had watched ages back of a 10-man Shaman WSG and we aimed for that, did the best we could in regards to stamina and intellect then stayed together and collectively Earth Shocked every Rogue we could see at the same time. The vent conversations at the time were priceless and I've never heard so much laughter before. 'Twas the day we fought back against the twinks and you knew it was pain for them when they stopped charging down the field like Warriors and started stealthing warily down to kill us.

speedpop said:
Orc shoulders were a bug from the last patch. They've been fixed (and some suggest are slightly bigger than before) for 2.2 patch.

As for the twinks.. I had my fair share of them with my Orc Warrior back in 10-19. All I did was run around in Defensive stance and Disarm the ones who had the best enchants on them. They didn't like it very much after awhile because a Rogue who can't hit is as good as dead if focus-fired on.

Actually I remember a thing we did way back before BC was released and were bored with our mains. I remembered a video I had watched ages back of a 10-man Shaman WSG and we aimed for that, did the best we could in regards to stamina and intellect then stayed together and collectively Earth Shocked every Rogue we could see at the same time. The vent conversations at the time were priceless and I've never heard so much laughter before. 'Twas the day we fought back against the twinks and you knew it was pain for them when they stopped charging down the field like Warriors and started stealthing warily down to kill us.

:lol

The disarming thing is a good idea, I'll do that when I hit 29, just to piss those guys off.

Hey guys, with my rogue only being 70 for a week now I really need new gear. I hate finding groups for instances so I think I'm going for all the BG pvp gear. Right now I'm only 2k away from my first Warlord's Slicer. I've just been going AV over and over for honor but half the games are taking 40 minutes so the honor rate isn't that good. Whats the quickest way to get large amounts of honor?

BloodElfHunter said:
Hey guys, with my rogue only being 70 for a week now I really need new gear. I hate finding groups for instances so I think I'm going for all the BG pvp gear. Right now I'm only 2k away from my first Warlord's Slicer. I've just been going AV over and over for honor but half the games are taking 40 minutes so the honor rate isn't that good. Whats the quickest way to get large amounts of honor?

Do honor weekends. I'd actually not bother outside of them, as it's not as much of a good use of time. You can spend any game time on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday getting money for bought or crafted items or working on rep or trying to get instances going for gear with that all-valuable DPS stat of +hit.

SatelliteOfLove said:
Do honor weekends. I'd actually not bother outside of them, as it's not as much of a good use of time. You can spend any game time on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday getting money for bought or crafted items or working on rep or trying to get instances going for gear with that all-valuable DPS stat of +hit.

Where is the schedule posted for upcoming honor weekends anyway?

border

I'm looking to start gearing up my warrior. Is it worth leveling blacksmithing to maximum? Are there any rewards on par with tailoring's max-level recipes? It looks like the stuff weaponsmiths can make is all pretty great, but beyond that it looks like a pretty huge hassle...

yacobod

Banned
probably best to create a blacksmithing tier weapon, and do pvp/arena to gear up your armor and misc items

skillherald is probably the best 2hander in the game atm, so if you have a guild that can get you some vortexes, id do that

Hero

I've been doing a bit more of 2v2 lately with my warlock since my friend respecced his priest to holy, and it's just humorous because the other night we fought this warrior-paladin team like four times and won every match. Every single fight one of them would say 'OP warlocks ftw.' I thought it was amusing since we must've stoled 50 points from them and the irony in being called OP by another OP class/team combination.

Also, BloodelfHunter, don't even waste your honor on the blue PVP gear. Seriously just save it up at this point, since season 3 should be within a month or so. Get on an arena team for points for a mainhand weapon. You can get better stuff in instances.

yacobod

Banned
paladin/warrior is scrub friendly, i dont think its OP at all, paladin is fairly easy to CC/lockdown

warlock/spriest
warlock/druid
warlock/paladin
etc

notice the trend lol :lol

all own paladin/warrior in 2v2

Hero said:
I've been doing a bit more of 2v2 lately with my warlock since my friend respecced his priest to holy, and it's just humorous because the other night we fought this warrior-paladin team like four times and won every match. Every single fight one of them would say 'OP warlocks ftw.' I thought it was amusing since we must've stoled 50 points from them and the irony in being called OP by another OP class/team combination.

Also, BloodelfHunter, don't even waste your honor on the blue PVP gear. Seriously just save it up at this point, since season 3 should be within a month or so. Get on an arena team for points for a mainhand weapon. You can get better stuff in instances.

But do get the epic honor-bought stuff; bracers, necklace, boots, belt, cloak, ring, the new pvp trinket. That should get you over 150 Res just with those.

border

The final stretch of blacksmithing is looking really, really rough. I can do these Aldor recipes that will require probably 1500-2000g worth of primals, or I can try to find a 360+ blacksmithing recipe drop. Suggestions?

Ashodin

Hero said:

Season 1 gear will be relegated to honor points when Season 3 hits, so free (basically) tier-looking gear for all!

Crystalkoen

border said:
The final stretch of blacksmithing is looking really, really rough. I can do these Aldor recipes that will require probably 1500-2000g worth of primals, or I can try to find a 360+ blacksmithing recipe drop. Suggestions?

Felsteel armor.
Gloves
Helm
Leggings

Grab a healer friend, maybe a DPS or tank if your gear isn't up to snuff (Fo the Gloves, anyhow), and go hit up the instances. Took me and a druid friend about 25 minutes to get the Glove pattern, 4th Monk dropped it. While it wouldn't be friendly to try, you could go from 360-375 using just it.

yacobod

Banned
border said:

i had to sink around 2k gold to raise BSing from 360-375 on all those primals, i did the aldor path, it sucks

i gathered the gold in like a week, i quested with my lvl 70 alt hunter, i did all the quests in netherstorm for mad gold and profit

border

Crystalkoen said:
Felsteel armor.
Gloves
Helm
Leggings

Grab a healer friend, maybe a DPS or tank if your gear isn't up to snuff (Fo the Gloves, anyhow), and go hit up the instances. Took me and a druid friend about 25 minutes to get the Glove pattern, 4th Monk dropped it. While it wouldn't be friendly to try, you could go from 360-375 using just it.
Yeah, my gear isn't really up to snuff to farm the Auchenai Monks (I have mostly quest-level blues). It'd be fine if not for the adds, but late in the fight I just get screwed over. Strangely enough, prot warriors on Thottbot are saying they can solo it pretty easy :lol

Hero

yacobod said:
paladin/warrior is scrub friendly, i dont think its OP at all, paladin is fairly easy to CC/lockdown

warlock/spriest
warlock/druid
warlock/paladin
etc

notice the trend lol :lol

all own paladin/warrior in 2v2

Well I consider 2v2 to be a "rock-paper-scissors" bracket, since some teams will dominate against other teams but lose to other ones.

Rogue/healer beats Warlock/healer
Warlock/healer beats Warrior/healer
Warrior/healer beats Rogue/healer

Along those lines anyway. I mean it's ridiculous when classes like non-resto shamans and hunters have no power in any arena bracket.

But either way Warlock/healer and Warrior/healer are both scrub friendly. :p

Season 1 gear will be relegated to honor points when Season 3 hits, so free (basically) tier-looking gear for all!

Yes, this is true, I should have mentioned it. However the big question here is if season 1 arena weapons will be purchasable for honor when season 3 comes out.

Also, anybody who is even semi-serious about arena PVP:

Get the new trinket first! While you might say the 20 resilience on it is meh, the real value in the new trinket is the reduced cooldown from 5 minutes to 2 minutes. While not every arena game lasts that long, as most are shorter than 2 minutes, there are many games where I have won because of having used it a second time.

yacobod

Banned
Hero said:
Get the new trinket first! While you might say the 20 resilience on it is meh, the real value in the new trinket is the reduced cooldown from 5 minutes to 2 minutes. While not every arena game lasts that long, as most are shorter than 2 minutes, there are many games where I have won because of having used it a second time.

i'll quote this for absolute truth

and reroll gnome, best pvp racial in the game

Hero

yacobod said:
i'll quote this for absolute truth

and reroll gnome, best pvp racial in the game

Escape artist is best Alliance racial, Will of the Forsaken is best Horde racial.

I wish escape artist wasn't gimped when I started the game. It originally had a cast time on it. So stupid.

Escape artist = godly for warriors/rogues

bengraven

Yeah to whomever said that about blacksmithing being tough.

I'm 66 with everything maxed but blacksmithing; which is only like 245-250. It's hard. I still have the grey "Way of the Weaponsmith" quest. It's expensive enough making those, what, eight items?

Tried lower blackrock spire two times today and failed miserably both times. The place is packed with mobs, and often we'd be fighting two groups of mobs. Ugh

Maybe I need to level up some more in BRD before going back; I'm lv57 (warrior)

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
PhoenixDark said:
Tried lower blackrock spire two times today and failed miserably both times. The place is packed with mobs, and often we'd be fighting two groups of mobs. Ugh

Go grind in Outlands and when you hit 58 start the Hellfire quests.

Lady Vashj is a nasty piece of work. This is complicated by the fact that some of the "Friends and Family" section of our guild have gotten in their heads that, since they get to come along occasionally as needed to Alar/VR/Hydross/Lurker/Tidewalker/Magth night, they get to get into all tier 5 as a standard member. Er, hard time trying to break it to them that a hodge-podge of greens and purples is not going to cut it here, especially since even us officers and class reps are fucking up assignments during attempts or coming up short on damage output. I hope they understand when they get benched or them really tightening up the spec/enchanting/spell-attack selection, as it's not quite getting thru when we allude to it in Vent after a raid.

PhoenixDark said:

LBRS is a remedial vestage of older MMO dungeon design left from the begnning of wow. Acres of cheek to jowl mobs who have an annoying tendency to run like hell out of line of sight. This goes on for about, oh 20, 25 packs or so when you get to actually fight a boss! WIIGII!

Yes, I am from a former ground-up Horde raiding guild. Yes, it is that obvious.

explodet

Fucking LBRS.
Fucking Warlord's Command.

This week was a good one for my raid - we one-shot Gruul, Magtheridon, and the Loot Reaver. Lurker still kicked our asses though. Got my tier 5 shoulders, although I'd like to keep my tier 4 set bonus and I need my robe from Magtheridon for that.

bengraven

Weird, but cool, to go over the first few pages of this thread. I wish I was in on the hype from the start (just began playing a year ago).

I was trying to find old news stories.

bengraven

speedpop said:
Heh BRD. Haven't stepped inside that shithole for years.

Which kind of sucks for some us. Like I said above, I only started a year ago, which hardly makes me a veteran, but I've put in a LOT of time.

The problem is, by the time I started, everyone was already 60 and had grown tired of running anything but Scholo and Strat. It was so hard to get anyone together for anything (though I have a friend who loves SM and will do it in a heartbeat).

This problem persists now that I'm 65 and now everyone is trying to get into the BT. My girlfriend is also 65 and hasn't even been able to get her epic warlock mount because no one will run Scholo.

I think I've only ran 4 different instances in my year long WoW career.

Seriously, LFG for something other than fucking Ramparts... :lol

firex

yeah, that sucks... but the reason why nobody runs those instances is because of how crappy they are in general.

You could probably duo the warlock epic mount quest at 70. I know I basically got ran through the (blood elf) pally epic mount quest by my friend on his 70 shaman. Any pet class or heavy armor class (mail or better) can pretty much solo all the 55-60 dungeons from before the expansion.

border

They really need to retrofit the Warlock Epic Mount quest into something that can be solo'ed. Nobody is going through Scholo or Dire Maul anymore.

Your girlfriend is a girl, though. Just have her join any guild and after a few minutes on Vent they'll be fumbling over themselves to help her out.

speedpop

Damn that really sucks. Even in my old guild when most of us were racing to 70, we still put aside time to help out the Warlocks get their epic mounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom