• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

Damn, I wish somebody had told me you only need 360 Blacksmithing to make Thunder :lol I blew a ton of cash to get my skill up to 370, now I don't have the money to put together the mats for Thunder. Oh well.....a few days of farming and I'll get there.

At least I got some good drops while killing elementals....the recipe for +6mp5 to Bracers sold for a solid 350g. Sucks that such essential enchants are World Drops, but profitable for me :D

firex

The thing is, they don't really have to retrofit it. The quest mats are dirt cheap now, and a level 70 warrior/hunter/paladin/warlock/shaman/druid could probably solo the event. The horde pally epic mount quest is definitely easier than the alliance one, but that also means it's less rewarding (in the sense of overall xp and rep). The only bad part of the lock epic mount quest is having to have the key for DM west, but it's incredibly easy to get the key at 70 (or with a level 70).

bengraven

First, the girl part: she's actually been playing the game for a months longer than I have; our guild is as much her friends as mine. Which makes it much worse.

I have a 65 warrior...if it's really that easy, I could probably get my lvl 70 shammie friend to run with us then.

But Dire Maul...what's the deal with the key there (really not looking forward to going back there)?

firex

Just download the atlas interface mod and you can see the Pusillin chase event in DM east. When you kill that little imp, he drops the key for everyone. It's extremely easy, although a little annoying just because you have to chase him around the instance.

Or if somebody in your guild already has the key (or is a rogue/engineer) they can just unlock it for you.

bengraven

firex said:
Just download the atlas interface mod and you can see the Pusillin chase event in DM east. When you kill that little imp, he drops the key for everyone. It's extremely easy, although a little annoying just because you have to chase him around the instance.

Or if somebody in your guild already has the key (or is a rogue/engineer) they can just unlock it for you.

Well, like the SM key, it should be on your "keychain", right? So I know that at least one of our locks must have the key somewhere. So if I get this key, I can skip part of DM?

My friend called me at 4:30 in the morning today from his 30th birthday party and I told his drunken ass we need to get this fuckin' mount. He was slurring, but said "Dude, I'd do Scholo, I'll do whatever. Even WC if I have to, just to help you out. Let's do Dire Maul, man, I miss that place man..."

I bet he forgets.

firex

yeah, it'll be on your keychain. I got it on my pally just because (it's not like there's a limit to keys on the keychain that anyone will feasibly ever hit) and anyone who was 60 when DM first came out more than likely has the key.

border

The lock to Dire Maul can be picked by any rogue, opened by a Skeleton Key, or blasted open by any engineer. It's not that hard to get into.

If you actually want to get the key, you have to run DM East.

Unless they've actually fixed the DM door the lock can just go do one of her self damaging spells next to it until shes dead. She then ghost runs through the door and rezzes inside.. then she just opens it from the inside and lets everyone in. =)

border

I believe there are locked doors inside the instance itself, so I dunno if you wanna try that. Just bring a rogue/blacksmith/engineer.

BloodElfHunter said:
Unless they've actually fixed the DM door the lock can just go do one of her self damaging spells next to it until shes dead. She then ghost runs through the door and rezzes inside.. then she just opens it from the inside and lets everyone in. =)

This will only work on the first door. Take it from someone who forgot that and wasted a groups time while we found a rogue.

mikeGFG

Banned
Its so interesting that playing Warcraft has killed my interest in all other games. Right now I should be frothing at the mouth for some Halo 3... yet, come the 25th, I'll be more content to wipe in SSC instead.

Hell. I've saved more money on this subscribtion than buying every must have game of 2007.

bengraven

Thanks for all the help. Apparently we only need to do Scholo now, but my uber paranoid 70 shammie refuses to go with less than 5 people, three of which would be 70s. Says it can't be done. *sigh*

Mike G.E.D. said:
Its so interesting that playing Warcraft has killed my interest in all other games. Right now I should be frothing at the mouth for some Halo 3... yet, come the 25th, I'll be more content to wipe in SSC instead.

Hell. I've saved more money on this subscribtion than buying every must have game of 2007.

It kind of upsets me actually. I posted the long list of games I have bought/played that I have not got even a few hours into over the past year. There just isn't time when you're trying to grind rep in Nagrand.

I won't even be picking up some of my favorite games this fall because I know I won't play them for a long time.

Started a belf pally on Muradin, just to play with some internet buddies. I'll make another alt on my main's server as well.

Got all the way to lv10, made nearly 2g, and laughed my ass off as Drinky did his best to make some 13 year old kid cry:lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
bengraven said:
Thanks for all the help. Apparently we only need to do Scholo now, but my uber paranoid 70 shammie refuses to go with less than 5 people, three of which would be 70s. Says it can't be done. *sigh*
Tell him to harden the fuck up. We were able to 4-man Scholo at lvl 60 once just because we were bored and wanted to complete the Barov quest. As for DM East, the imp chase isn't too hard at all since it doesn't end up at the last boss. I still remember the path we used to farm DM East.

PhoenixDark said:
Got all the way to lv10, made nearly 2g, and laughed my ass off as Drinky did his best to make some 13 year old kid cry:lol
So you guys are the twats of MMORPGs? I remember this kid who joined my old guild and he was 12 - had more alts than anyone I know. When most of the veterans found out his age we all had a good laugh but the point still remained that there are some real young kids out there playing this thing :lol

OK first day as a lvl 70 lock.

What do I need to know? What daily quests do I need to grab?

Good lvl 70 faction gear to grab? I heard that I need to grab a Continuum Blade. I'm in the process of making my Fronzen Shadoweave so that's cool.

Flying mount?

Etc etc....

Help a noob 70!

Mairu

Mike G.E.D. said:

this is true, i may have been addicted to wow for the past 6mnths-year but my video game spending as a whole has gone waaayy down

border

New 70 warlock, hmmmmm.....

Continuum Blade is good, and you can get it after only a handful of Caverns of Time runs. Mana Wrath from Mechanar is just as good.....and Greatsword of Horrid Dreams is a viable alternative.

Start building your rep with Sha'tar by running the TK instances.....you will want their helm enchant item (you don't have to be an enchanter). Sha'tar also has an excellent caster trinket, Xi'ri's Gift. You want to be able to run Coilfang and TK dungeons in Heroic, since those are the most popular. Use the badges from Heroic instances to buy Orb of the Soul Eater if you are Heavy Affliction (which you should be if you are going for Frozen Shadoweave). Icon of the Silver Crescent should be your other trinket, and it can also be purchased with badges.

The PVP bracers and PVP cloak are great starter items as well.

Find a tailor to make you Battlecast Pants and Battlecast Hood. Make sure to use Spellthread to enchant the pants (and the Sha'tar's enchant on the hood). Some people would say that the Spellstrike stuff is better, but it's more for Destro Locks and Mages IMO. Battlecast has huge Stamina and Int bonuses, Spellstrike emphasizes crit/hit. It's your choice, though the set bonus on Spellstrike is way better (particularly if you aren't planning on getting T4 items anytime soon -- they have a similar set bonus).

Oblivion Gear (the blue Tier 3.5 items) is pretty decent.....the 2-piece set bonus is great for Affliction warlocks since it keeps your pet's mana up for you to use Dark Pact.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Mike G.E.D. said:

This is why I LIKE finding a good MMORPG. I save SO much money. :lol

speedpop said:
Tell him to harden the fuck up. We were able to 4-man Scholo at lvl 60 once just because we were bored and wanted to complete the Barov quest. As for DM East, the imp chase isn't too hard at all since it doesn't end up at the last boss. I still remember the path we used to farm DM East.

So you guys are the twats of MMORPGs? I remember this kid who joined my old guild and he was 12 - had more alts than anyone I know. When most of the veterans found out his age we all had a good laugh but the point still remained that there are some real young kids out there playing this thing :lol

There are whole guilds of them on Bloodscalp. Look for ones with inconsistant or non-existant capitalization.

It kind of upsets me actually. I posted the long list of games I have bought/played that I have not got even a few hours into over the past year. There just isn't time when you're trying to grind rep in Nagrand.

I won't even be picking up some of my favorite games this fall because I know I won't play them for a long time.

I'm "dual-boxing" Persona 3 and WoW at the moment with at-home freetime. I tend to get tired of one after an hour, so I switch to the other and back again. I've never been able to do this with other RPGs; I guess the cyclical nature of both complement each other.

border said:
New 70 warlock, hmmmmm.....

Continuum Blade is good, and you can get it after only a handful of Caverns of Time runs. Mana Wrath from Mechanar is just as good.....and Greatsword of Horrid Dreams is a viable alternative.

Start building your rep with Sha'tar by running the TK instances.....you will want their helm enchant item (you don't have to be an enchanter). Sha'tar also has an excellent caster trinket, Xi'ri's Gift. You want to be able to run Coilfang and TK dungeons in Heroic, since those are the most popular. Use the badges from Heroic instances to buy Orb of the Soul Eater if you are Heavy Affliction (which you should be if you are going for Frozen Shadoweave). Icon of the Silver Crescent should be your other trinket, and it can also be purchased with badges.

The PVP bracers and PVP cloak are great starter items as well.

Find a tailor to make you Battlecast Pants and Battlecast Hood. Make sure to use Spellthread to enchant the pants (and the Sha'tar's enchant on the hood). Some people would say that the Spellstrike stuff is better, but it's more for Destro Locks and Mages IMO. Battlecast has huge Stamina and Int bonuses, Spellstrike emphasizes crit/hit. It's your choice, though the set bonus on Spellstrike is way better (particularly if you aren't planning on getting T4 items anytime soon -- they have a similar set bonus).

Oblivion Gear (the blue Tier 3.5 items) is pretty decent.....the 2-piece set bonus is great for Affliction warlocks since it keeps your pet's mana up for you to use Dark Pact.

border, thanks! You just mapped out my next bit of WoW fun. Plus my grind for the netherdrake begins NOW!

My Warrior is now level 23 and I'm already bored, stupid leveling (I had two level 60, so I've done most of the quests already).

I'm thinking about hiring one of those guys whi will level to 60 for me, and then I will do the new areas and quests to 70.

But I don't know, it's probably strange to know that someone is playing with your account right now.

Twig

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
So apparantly 2.2 isn't tomorrow after all? Also it being revealed that the only interesting new JC designs aren't related to the JC uniques is fucking lame.
Engineering. ;_;

2.1 introduced some new stuff, 2.2 has like... nothing for engineers. Why, why, why?!

Of course I'm not even playing WoW right now, but I'm thinking about starting up again.
TerryLee81 said:
I'm thinking about hiring one of those guys whi will level to 60 for me, and then I will do the new areas and quests to 70.
A guy in my guild did that... his account got banned shortly after. It was with the CE of TBC, too, hah.

yacobod

Banned
TerryLee81 said:

its risky

i've had an account banned from using a lvling service, and know quite a few ppl that this has happened to as well

use at your own risk

firex

I wouldn't bother paying for a PLing service... they just charge too much imo, unless you have the money to burn. Just wait for the patch that comes out before the expansion that makes all the 20-60 leveling 30% faster.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
If you pay for a PLing service they will take your CC# and use it to pay for farming accounts in not just WoW but other games as most games have limited their free trials so much that farming isn't practical anymore. So what the farmers do is take the CC#'s from people who paid for their services and use those to create real accounts to farm with.

yacobod said:
its risky

i've had an account banned from using a lvling service, and know quite a few ppl that this has happened to as well

use at your own risk

firex said:
I wouldn't bother paying for a PLing service... they just charge too much imo, unless you have the money to burn. Just wait for the patch that comes out before the expansion that makes all the 20-60 leveling 30% faster.

ManaByte said:
If you pay for a PLing service they will take your CC# and use it to pay for farming accounts in not just WoW but other games as most games have limited their free trials so much that farming isn't practical anymore. So what the farmers do is take the CC#'s from people who paid for their services and use those to create real accounts to farm with.

Thanks guys, looks like this is a bad idea. I will probably just level more slowly, one level at a time and hope this patch which will increase the xp from quests arrives soon.

bengraven

People think I'm crazy, but what's the point in doing Arena/BG/World PvP just to get the gear if you're below level 70? Is it just me or would it better for you to take that time pvping and actually make your way to 70 when you can start getting the real gear?

I don't want to burn 10 hours in pvp to get a weapon that will be useless 10 levels down the road.

yacobod

Banned
firex said:
I could understand pvping at 69 for the BG epics. That way you don't get put into the level 70 bracket except in AV.

and being lvl 69 in the 60-69 bracket is pretty fun, its similar to having a heavily twinked lvl 19 or 29

speedpop

The only problem for that though is there might be queue times since most people go "well I'm lvl 69, one more till I can breathe fresh air."

sedaku

bengraven said:
People think I'm crazy, but what's the point in doing Arena/BG/World PvP just to get the gear if you're below level 70? Is it just me or would it better for you to take that time pvping and actually make your way to 70 when you can start getting the real gear?

I don't want to burn 10 hours in pvp to get a weapon that will be useless 10 levels down the road.

First of all, not everybody can stand lvling up all day, sometime it's good to just blow thing up once in a while.

Second, twinks.

Third, the system is carry over from the old world, where you need certain honor point to advance your rank every week.

Last, PvP gear used to be one of the most easy gear to get and it help lvling up a tons.

bengraven

sedaku said:
First of all, not everybody can stand lvling up all day, sometime it's good to just blow thing up once in a while.

Second, twinks.

Third, the system is carry over from the old world, where you need certain honor point to advance your rank every week.

Last, PvP gear used to be one of the most easy gear to get and it help lvling up a tons.

Well, take my original argument and combine it with the fact that I'm on Cenarious, which is 5:1 (if not more) Alliance to Horde. I just PvP for the mounts, honestly, and doing BG it always ends up 10 lvl 69 NE/dwarf hunters and 7 lvl 62-66 Horde. Being an undead, obviously this is frustrating.

One of my best friends has this pimpy knife he got from doing a few days worth of BG and this is where my argument began. Because he's already replaced it a couple levels later. Since he's only 45, he could have been even higher by now.

*shrugs*

And don't get me started on Halaa on our server... :lol

firex

if I cared more about WoW's busted-ass tacked-on pvp system, I would've definitely lived in BGs at 69 for awhile on my pally. but I wanted a flying mount more.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Been waiting for over a month to finally fix the Mother Shahraz encounter. We could finally bring more than 2 casters on that fight now :lol

bengraven

BloodElfHunter said:
Man I hate this patch. First they take away solo mech runs and now it seems that they broke surround sound too =\

Haven't broken surround sound. Broke all sound. I'm having the same problem on my little two speaker system and a friend of mine is also having the same issues. The title screen is the worst.

However, I'm digging some of the minor inclusions, like being able to mine earth elementals (at least in Nagrand) and that little goblin that walks around Orgrimmar announcing the next zeppelin flight.

I updated.

But I still can't talk to people.

The strange thing is, I'm not sure if that's a blessing or a curse.

Apparently only a few realms work. Our realm does not work either. Frankly, I'm happy, we're still a little confused as to how it's going to work (like whether we'll be hearing people randomly come up and talk to us) and frankly, Trade channel is going to be a nightmare.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
bengraven said:
Apparently only a few realms work. Our realm does not work either. Frankly, I'm happy, we're still a little confused as to how it's going to work (like whether we'll be hearing people randomly come up and talk to us) and frankly, Trade channel is going to be a nightmare.

It's only for groups/raids/private chat channels. That has been made clear since it was announced.

bengraven

ManaByte said:
It's only for groups/raids/private chat channels. That has been made clear since it was announced.

And that was what I thought. It's clearly set up as invite only. Members of my guild have been coming up with wild theories on what it could entail and it was making me paranoid.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
bengraven said:
And that was what I thought. It's clearly set up as invite only. Members of my guild have been coming up with wild theories on what it could entail and it was making me paranoid.

/gquit QQ

bengraven

ManaByte said:
/gquit QQ

Nah, me and my two "real life" friends are the only really hardcore kind of guys in that guild; i.e. the kind of people who visit the forums, are interested in the lore, read the patch notes, have read the manual, read the quest dialogue...you know.

My guild is 99% people who just are there to kill things (other people) and bullshit with others. It's the very definition of casual. Like as in, literally the only other videogames these people play are those casual games that come free with computers. We talk about their kids, beer, pot, their kids, beer, etc...

I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. Much better than having to listen to hours of talk on raiding and specs.

Buggy Loop

Well, my server, Azshara, is pretty much dead, it was already one of the lowest populated servers in north america, now guild drama on horde's side made a bunch of peoples transfer to other servers since we were able this past weekend.

I've been putting stacks of enchant materials since saturday and NONE of them sold, i had been selling my stuff for over 9 months at a good rate, now i havent sold a single one in half a week.

Seems like kintaro's having trouble selling his stuffs too.

Bliz really has to merge a couple of servers together with azshara, its pathetic, @ 6am in the morning (i always check AH before work), there's like 3 or 4 peoples in orgrimmar's auction house now.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Buggy Loop said:
Well, my server, Azshara, is pretty much dead, it was already one of the lowest populated servers in north america, now guild drama on horde's side made a bunch of peoples transfer to other servers since we were able this past weekend.

I've been putting stacks of enchant materials since saturday and NONE of them sold, i had been selling my stuff for over 9 months at a good rate, now i havent sold a single one in half a week.

Seems like kintaro's having trouble selling his stuffs too.

Bliz really has to merge a couple of servers together with azshara, its pathetic, @ 6am in the morning (i always check AH before work), there's like 3 or 4 peoples in orgrimmar's auction house now.

Yeah, I feel bad actually since that was the server I told some friends to come to (including you). Now it's complete shit and no end game to speak off as the good guilds are completely full.

Buggy Loop

Kintaro said:
Yeah, I feel bad actually since that was the server I told some friends to come to (including you). Now it's complete shit and no end game to speak off as the good guilds are completely full.

Well now we've got no reasons to stay, TG was a nice try and we knew em from FFXI, but after all that, i think the next transfer that pops up, we move (if you guys accept of course), or wait till bliz wakes up and sees how fucked up the server has become.

Freaking vision dusts, i used to sell as much as i could put on AH @ high prices, now i put them @ half price and they've been up since saturday, not a single one sold, W T F

speedpop

Yeah a few realms do need to get merged. Slapping on a Recommended status on the server means nothing in the long run. The server that my Shaman was on is slowly dying, from becoming one of the biggest PVP servers and 1:1 ratio with Horde vs Alliance.. then most of the old players quitting or transferring off a few months after Burning Crusade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom