• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would MS ever leave gaming?

That's still not a lot compared to how the competition did, so my allegory is still correct. Obviously it did better, but just like Nintendo did with the Wii U, they released a confusing, and awkward machine that just didn't make the cut...Now the Series...series are truly fantastic pieces of hardware.
13.5 is the same as 50+ because 100 is bigger?

Interesting math.

People are saying Xbox has made zero profit with imaginary numbers and think they should drop out the gaming industry because they have a less than 2:1 gap from the competition.

Xbox isn't going anywhere, what reason is there to believe otherwise? Production issues? A few game delays?

Those will be fixed this year.

We aren't dealing with another Xbox One here as much as people hope for that.

tenor.gif

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Leave gaming no, but I can see them leaving the console business.

The only way I would be okay with that happening is if another console maker stepped into the ring. And I don't mean dipped their toe in the ring. I mean flew into the ring, slamming chairs into the back of people's heads. If Microsoft backed out of the hardware game, there would be no incentive for Sony to innovate. This can only be accomplished if Sony has a direct competitor.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
If you ain't first, you're last?
Well when there's 3 main consoles on the market and you are the one selling the least...Yes, you are last. Sony and Nintendo sell more. Who do you think is last? Fucking Atari or something? How high are you right now lol?

The only way I would be okay with that happening is if another console maker stepped into the ring. And I don't mean dipped their toe in the ring. I mean flew into the ring, slamming chairs into the back of people's heads. If Microsoft backed out of the hardware game, there would be no incentive for Sony to innovate. This can only be accomplished if Sony has a direct competitor.
Let’s be serious, Sony hasn’t had competition since the end of the PS3 era.

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Let’s be serious, Sony hasn’t had competition since the end of the PS3 era.

Hardware wise, they absolutely have. The Xbox Series X is currently my favorite console. I have the Halo Infinite edition Xbox Series X, and not only does it look hella cool, but it also has power. Having said that, I still like my gaming PC better than both the Xbox Series X and the PlayStation 5. But that's neither here nor there.

Top Bottom