• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you rather die knowing your favorite game series will never have another game, or knowing there's going to be sequels?

Would you rather die knowing your favorite game series will never have another game, or knowing ther

• When I die, I don't want anyone playing sequels that I won't be able to (duh I'm dead)

• When I die, I'm glad people will play a continuation of my favorite franchise (duh I'm dead)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Alright, let's start 2021 with a morbid thought. When HL: Alyx came out I kinda kept away from any internet discourse until I finished the game, after that I went and checked out all the youtube videos/reviews etc. and I noticed that in the comments you could find hundreds of people commenting something in the vain of "RIP to all our gaming brothers who did live to see this game." or "Can't believe we finally got to see this, my brother was a huge fan but he unfortunately died 4 years ago", since it took freaking 13 years for a HL game to come out after episode 2. All that got me thinking, one day there's gonna probably gonna be another TES game or Witcher game and I'm gonna be fucking dead lol. Like, I'm already kinda nervous about TESVI and how long that shit is gonna take, but there's probably a bunch of bigger TES fans out there that most likely won't live to see it. Now at one point I got super salty about it, but then again I'm gonna be dead so why the fuck should I care?

So, I thought it would be funny to see what everyone else thinks since saltiness is one of our basic emotions (especially when it comes to games, consoles etc.). Well, what thought makes you more happy, knowing that people after you will see the continuation of stories you love, or knowing that those suckers won't ever play another sequel in your beloved franchise?

Tb0UeR2.jpg

Jeeves

Interesting question, but I think I'm disqualified because I already know my favorite series will never have another game (Mother).

kretos

Banned
If i know there are going to be sequels how is that going to make me feel better on my death bed when i know i'll not be able to play it?

T8SC

Gold Member
Will I give a fuck about video games when im dying? No.

Will I care what happens with video games after I'm dead? No.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'd rather die by being buried with said sequels. > : P

Special edition with all the loot too.

On a boat.

Down a waterfall.

Into the ocean.

Last edited:

BouncyFrag

If we get another Mass Effect with Shepard, Wrex, Grunt, Garrus etc with the offspring of the Krogan Poet as a new companion, I will find a way, be it sorcery or dark magic, to LIVE!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
This thread is a bit depressing. I'm almost 30, so... how many mainline SMT titles will I see released in my lifetime? Two, or maybe three if I'm lucky. :goog_relieved:

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Will I give a fuck about video games when im dying? No.

Will I care what happens with video games after I'm dead? No.
Yeah. I must not be a true gamer if it’s the last thing in my mind haha.
But I would like another warhawk

Not wanting to screw up other people just because you're dead is being a saint? You're dead, why should you give a fuck about what happens?

I'm going to not argue with you because I like your avatar.

I hope we get great Astrobot games until I die. But, then they better stop, because fuck assholes playing games meant for ME after I'm gone.

brian0057

Banned
A Splinter Cell game made by *current year* Ubisoft? Unless the game is made by the UbiArt team (Child of Light, Valiant Hearts: The Great War), I'd rather the franchise remain dead, if that's the case.
Just look at my boy, Sam Fisher. Needlessly crammed in a BS phone game and that multiplayer shooter Ubisoft keeps calling Rainbow Six... for some reason.
They'll do literally anything with the property... except make a new game.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Well in my case I know 13 Sentinels is not going have sequels because I don't think Vanillaware ever does sequels and 13 Sentinels is not type of game that needs sequel.

Last edited:
A Splinter Cell game made by *current year* Ubisoft? Unless the game is made by the UbiArt team (Child of Light, Valiant Hearts: The Great War), I'd rather the franchise remain dead, if that's the case.
Just look at my boy, Sam Fisher. Needlessly crammed in a BS phone game and that multiplayer shooter Ubisoft keeps calling Rainbow Six... for some reason.
They'll do literally anything with the property... except make a new game.
Yeah, I feel you....there is a new Splinter Cell game coming out though....in VR....which I own....but it's Oculus exclusive which I don't own -_-

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Why the fuck would I care about games when I'm dead?

That's probably the least of my concerns and problems when I'm in the coffin.

Last edited:

junguler

Banned
my all time favorite franchise is assassins creed and i don't see it lasting until i die, i'm 30 right now so there no chance it'll keep being a thing 30 to 40 years down the line. i'm not even sure if ubisoft is going to be a thing then.

93xfan

Banned
So translation:

Are you a selfish fuck, yes or no?
You could also look at it as knowing a series ended strongly and didn’t get milked and turned into an embarrassment, tarnishing its reputation and overshadowing its accomplishments.

While that may be a little selfish in itself, it isn’t quite as simple as wanting to deprive others

GametimeUK

I'm indifferent if I'm talking about the subject generally...

but let's say if I was on my death bed and there's a game releasing that I really want to play I think I'd be gutted. I mean if be gutted and thinking of missing a lot of stuff, but games would be included for sure.

I'd still want them to release, though. Life goes on.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
If I knew I was going to die, I would be very happy for anyone still alive that gets to play and enjoy any future Metroid games.

I can't imagine how miserable a person you must have to be to deprive others of anything you find enjoyment in. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
if i'm dying i'd like to think that i'd have much more important things to worry and think about other than video games and once i'm dead i probably won't care either way.

Last edited:

DogofWar

When I die I want From Software to say
"Now that DogofWar is dead we wont make anymore Souls-games or games of similiar style."
That way everyone will be sad that I died.

No why the fuck would I care honestly

Tschumi

This is a worryingly entitled thing to talk about lol.. when i die i hope my loved ones find some measure of happiness and resolution from my final words, couldn't care less about my very most tippy top favourite series

Top Bottom