• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you shorten your lifespan for money????

AT THE AGE OF 20, YOU GET AN OFFER. Read the thread

• 5 million dollars but you will die at the age of 45

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • You would refuse the offer

Votes: 49 76.6%

• Total voters
I'm pretty close to 45 so unless it's a lot more money, I'm not taking that deal. might think about it if it's 500 mil or something.
Most of you understood me wrong. It doesn't matter what's your current age.
A little imagination is required. Imagine you were presented with this choice when you had 20 years. If you're 20 and you're supposed to die at the age of 45, that's 25 years of life.

Most of you understood me wrong. It doesn't matter what's your current age.
A little imagination is required. Imagine you were presented with this choice when you had 20 years. If you're 20 and you're supposed to die at the age of 45, that's 25 years of life.

in that case, I might. 5 mil for 25 years is not that much but it should be able to make life better for me and for people I like. I've never been that into the idea of growing old and helpless so 45 would be kinda fine. thou I do feel that 50 would be more ideal. and also, I'm not sure at 20 I would have the wisdom to use the money wisely thou.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
45 is just too young when you have less than 50 years on the earth before I'm ready to give up potentially 50+ more years/time on earth I would try harder to earn 5+million, sounds great right now though.

etp_1

Yeah i would take that offer. 45 wouldnt be that far away, but 5 million would be enough for me...maybe use 1 million for myself and give the rest to family and an animal shelter.

Nester99

Every decade gets better for me.
40s are fucking awesome so far.

imagine choosing money over seeing your kids prosper, get married and have grandkids...what if you find the love of your life at 40?

Best advice I can give to you young folks is time is the most valuable and limited resource that exists.

Nester99

And what if having kids and getting married aren't priorities in your life?

Not wanting something now does not mean you wont want it later. Your mind may change when you start to come to terms with your own mortality. Peoples values change as they age. $5mm is only $200k a year. It’s not much togive up so much life for

I did not want kids until I was much older.

at 25 I was an idiot and would have regretted making the decision suggested in this thread. I am 41 now and feel I am just coming into my prime.

Imagine the anxiety and mental illness knowing when you will die would create..

Nymphae

Banned
Obviously not, but I wonder how many would take the deal if the proposition were changed to "would you accept a deal where you get that sum of money in exchange for a random person's lifespan being shortened?"

I took the offer when I was 19. I'm 44 today. Huge mistake looking back. See you in the afterlife, GAF.
generate.php

Top Bottom