• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Kagey K

Banned
Michelle Tanner Wow GIF by Bubble Punk

Frankie reminds me of a drunk uncle who swears at family parties in front of kids. But the cool drunk uncle that would tell you mental stories, and give you money for the arcade machines. Not the racist type of drunk uncle.
He’s always reminded me of Scott Hall a bit.

There was a time when they were both in TNA that I thought they might try a Kaz is Scott’s illegitimate son angle. 😅

Soodanim

Gold Member
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Flair has essentially ascended beyond the need for one company at this point, I hope no one tries to tie him down when really they should just pay him for gigs and let him do what he wants until he’s done. It’s nice that he went elsewhere and said good things about Vince/Hunter/Shawn, they might not be angels to the world but they seem to have done right by him for the most part.

Agent X

Flair has essentially ascended beyond the need for one company at this point, I hope no one tries to tie him down when really they should just pay him for gigs and let him do what he wants until he’s done. It’s nice that he went elsewhere and said good things about Vince/Hunter/Shawn, they might not be angels to the world but they seem to have done right by him for the most part.

Yeah Naitch should travel around. Appear with Andrade in AEW. Go back to Impact for a visit. Even go back to WWE when they have their Legends nights.

I agree with all of this. That was a great appearance by Flair, and I hope that we'll see more of him for many years to come.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
You don't care about Bryan? What about him doesn't connect with you?
I don't know, he is just uninteresting to me. I did think his time as the super environmentalist heel was hilarious. When they had the wooden Championship belt. But as far as a character of interest or anything engaging I have never found him that fun.

Karmic Raze

I’m looking forward to Bryan Danielson’s debut in AEW, but CM Punk resonates with me a whole lot more. I was almost crying like that guy in the crowd when CM Punk came out on Rampage. :messenger_tears_of_joy: Always been a huge fan of Punk. Bryan I like, but maybe he can connect with me more in his AEW run?

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Who has the best Shooting Star Press and why is it Marc Mero? 😅

We all know it's actually Kidman. From 7 year itch forward he just made it look so good.

Naked Lunch

AEW is losing me just a bit - as a fan from the very beginning - ive watched every episode and tons of the Darks.

The crowd seems dead on every match thats not a big name star. It didnt used to be like that in AEW. Even lower key people got love every show.
Dead for stuff like Cage vs Hobbs, or Archer vs Hikuleo, or any womens match.
Maybe I liked wrestling better without fans and their stupid chants?

A bit too much focus on the ex-WWE guys.
I dont care for old ass Paul Wight whatsoever, his commentary sucks too - just stealing time from young talent. He'll just bury QT and his squad even further who I kinda liked as that goofy low tier heel team.

I could do without the backstage interviews interrupted with a beatdown all the time - or the theme music blaring before someone runs out of the back - that is 100% wwe crap.

Theres still plenty I love about the product (Kenny, Yuka, Lucha Bros, Best Friends, Pak, Sheeda, DMD, Angelico, MJF, Miro, the comedy matches) but the past couple weeks have been a shift for the worse.
I wish there was an easier way for me to watch njpw.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
AEW is losing me just a bit - as a fan from the very beginning - ive watched every episode and tons of the Darks.

The crowd seems dead on every match thats not a big name star. It didnt used to be like that in AEW. Even lower key people got love every show.
Dead for stuff like Cage vs Hobbs, or Archer vs Hikuleo, or any womens match.
Maybe I liked wrestling better without fans and their stupid chants?

A bit too much focus on the ex-WWE guys.
I dont care for old ass Paul Wight whatsoever, his commentary sucks too - just stealing time from young talent. He'll just bury QT and his squad even further who I kinda liked as that goofy low tier heel team.

I could do without the backstage interviews interrupted with a beatdown all the time - or the theme music blaring before someone runs out of the back - that is 100% wwe crap.

Theres still plenty I love about the product (Kenny, Yuka, Lucha Bros, Best Friends, Pak, Sheeda, DMD, Angelico, MJF, Miro, the comedy matches) but the past couple weeks have been a shift for the worse.
I wish there was an easier way for me to watch njpw.
The crowd can be fun, but it doesn't affect my thoughts on a match. If I like the match I watch it.

I loved the Tay Conti, Penelope Ford, Bunny match last night. The 2 in the ring were amazing and all are easy to look at. I could care less what the crowd thought.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Oh, man. Not her. I was a big fan of hers in WCW. One of the few bright spots in the last few years of its existence. I was really happy for her in TNA when I discovered her there. She had some great matches there. Great worker. Beautiful too imo. Tragic.

Labolas

dave_d

I always like to point out despite what this article says Punk wasn't fired. He quit and the WWE spent 6 months trying to get him to come back.(Which they couldn't force since he had satisfied his contractual obligation.) At that point they recognized the reality that he wasn't coming back at which point he was sent his severance package.(I know he says he was fired, this what we call spin. My guess is it probably just spelled out how royalties would be paid now that both sides recognized he wasn't an employee)

Kagey K

Banned
Happy bday Monday Nitro.

You went from Mall of America to top of the charts to relative obscurity and out of business in under 6 years.

I still secretly wish I could have ate at Hulk Hogan's Pastamania.

I think if it had stayed in business long enough Ed Leslie would have been asking me if I wanted Marinra or Alfredo while Knobbs and Sags were boiling the noodles

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Let's have a GAF Nitro Party!

I'm just hitting Halloween Havok 98 on my rewatch, so it's going down soon.

Chris Jericho is amazing at this time with his Goldberg 2-0, LWO is just getting started.

It's crazy to me how WCW kept all this potential talent down in the Midgard, vs what they were pushing as main events over and over.

I know its been talked about to death, but fuck man, they were spoiled for talent that they did nothing with.

Top Bottom