• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

NickFire

That was the most satisfying PPV in 20 years it felt like as the show ended. Very much looking forward to tonight's follow-up. It was complete BS how they screwed MJF after he already won, but that's wrestling for you. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

ManaByte

This is a banger of an entrance theme.

Uh Oh Wrestling GIF by WWE

MachRc

First real time watching AEW on all out.
It is strange seeing all the past WWE wrestlers there,
it wasn't like watching Jake the snake at some indie show past his prime or anything

AEW seems to have a strong women's division.
I did like how they praised Ruby Soho, matches were good.

.. very positive

SirTerry-T

First real time watching AEW on all out.
It is strange seeing all the past WWE wrestlers there,
it wasn't like watching Jake the snake at some indie show past his prime or anything

AEW seems to have a strong women's division.
I did like how they praised Ruby Soho, matches were good.

.. very positive
They've got a cracking women's roster, they just need to start doing more with it.

(I just want to see Thunder Rosa demolish Britt Baker in a lights out re-match) ;)

dave_d

They cut Suzuki's intro before "kaze ni nare"? F*** you Tony Khan, I thought you were a wrestling fan. Oh and F**** you, you suck Jon Moxley.

NickFire

In the last 2.5 hours I have gotten 3 emails letting me know I can buy WWE tickets. Almost certainly just a coincidence and not at all related to AEW's rise, but I definitely thought they seemed desperate when I got the third one.

Hinedorf

Banned
They recently came to San Diego for Raw and I had the notion of going even though I haven't seen a live wrestling event since I was 8 years old.... I passed on going and in review of the show of which I can't watch without having to skip through the relentless commercials.....I don't know how anybody goes to a live Non-PPV event with as many commercial delays that are included

MachRc

Last time i went to see live Raw and smackdown in LA and Ontario 2019 christmas special, I dont recall having to wait for commercial breaks..
I did notice on smackdown most of the crowd was seated on one side of the "stadium" to make it look more packed for TV.

The only thing "strange" is not hearing the announcers as Ive been so used to that.
We did see a couple of dark matches, when the tv cameras cut out, the show is over, but the local wrestler( The Miz) got to wrestle Daniel B.

Kagey K

Banned
I’ve been reading reports online that Dynamite beat Raw in the ever important 18-49 demographic.

Hopefully they can maintain that momentum.

NickFire

Hot and cold on these rumors. I can easily believe WWE people are shocked by the energy AEW has. Heck, they'd be borderline delusional if they keep telling themselves that AEW is not a threat in my humble opinion.

But selling to Disney???? Disney?????? I just can't see it, and can't fathom why anyone would want this, including Disney. In my opinion, that company is way too risk averse if there's any chance someone gets offended, and that attitude just won't cut it with the passionate wrestling audience. There's plenty of room for left, right, center, top, down, whatever political outlooks people have in wrestling. But you can't be afraid to offend people 24/7 like Disney is, and one of the reasons AEW is rising is the raw, unfiltered, and more authentic feeling promos. Disney will never allow those.

Last edited:

DKehoe

WWE's value is in producing hours of live content. And their shows are now tied up in lengthy deals with Fox and NBC. Makes it tricky to see where the value would be right now for someone like Disney.

This is also what happens when the Observer runs a little late. The copy and paste sites struggle to have anything to post so just start making shit up.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Fuck me Jordynne Grace is banging in that picture. Impact continues to do good work. Shame they are stuck on a third-rate network still. I wish they were doing all this great shit whilst they were on Spike and not fucking around with Hogan and his buddies. What could have been. Sigh.

Pleased to see AEW win the demo. It looks like WWE is basically handing it to them ahead of their sale. It seems like that's the only way Vince will ever retire.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Fuck me Jordynne Grace is banging in that picture. Impact continues to do good work. Shame they are stuck on a third-rate network still. I wish they were doing all this great shit whilst they were on Spike and not fucking around with Hogan and his buddies. What could have been. Sigh.

Pleased to see AEW win the demo. It looks like WWE is basically handing it to them ahead of their sale. It seems like that's the only way Vince will ever retire.
She is hot AF

Bullet Club

With no HHH around, NXT is even more screwed. Joe has relinquished the title.

Nice of them to not edit out the botch in this match:

DlVnveK.jpg

cCDkTLq.jpg

Brett > That other guy

AJUMP23

More like Blue Moon. Do you just have that picture on file. Camera man should know better.

Also That Tay Conti.........

I wish they would drop Nyla Rose.....what a boring wrestler.

Last edited:
Top Bottom