• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Kagey K

Banned
At this same time on Raw.......

Just ugh.

I imagine Vince would he running house shows and the occasional live Raw had Nitro not been a thing.

Wrestling would be 20 years behind where it is now. (And good)

DKehoe

I can't be the only AEW fan who wants to see Bryan Danielson and Angelico in a match can I? Hope we get closer to that after today :)
Nah that sounds like a lot of fun. Angelico's llave against Danielson's grappling would be cool to see. Danielson is a big Lucha Libre fan and guys like Negro Casses have been a big influence on him.

Talking of TH2, Danielson and Jack Evans was always good combination

I'm hoping Danielson wins the TNT title not long after arriving and then they can line up a whole bunch of different opponents for him each week.

Hinedorf

Banned
I had a bunch of friends watch the PPV with me that had never seen AEW at all before. Right out the gate with dino express in the pre show match they were impressed with some of the moves they saw there...

Thing to say for AEW, when they make you pay for a special show, they give you a special show.....match of the night for me has to be tag team match. Mox vs Kojima is an example of a full audience virtually unknown to who Kojima is yet the match was fucking amazing, if you don't know him before you certainly know him from this match.

This was the first time I'd ever seen CM punk wrestle, better on the mic but entertaining all the same wrestling.

If I had to compare a time when a WWE PPV had me that entertained it'd probably be back to the 99-01 timeframe.

Soodanim

Gold Member
AEW haven't had a one-two punch, it was a one-two-three combo with Punk/Cole/Danielson

If they can keep production up (JC said their recent event was done by a long time wrestling guy that went on to do high level sports for a while - it showed, from what I saw) and the viewership rises closer to Raw/Smackdown, WWE may have legitimate competition again.

homer simpson GIF

ManaByte

Gold Member
ROFL AEW tagging Bryan’s WWE named Twitter account triggered them. Looks like they made him change the handle. He lost his verification, meaning he changed it without notifying Twitter, thus it was likely WWE throwing a fit and making them do it without getting Twitter involved.

dave_d

ROFL AEW tagging Bryan’s WWE named Twitter account triggered them. Looks like they made him change the handle. He lost his verification, meaning he changed it without notifying Twitter, thus it was likely WWE throwing a fit and making them do it without getting Twitter involved.

I wonder if Vince almost fired someone for forgetting to copyright Danielson's theme song and if it took them a long time to explain to him why they couldn't.(At which point he probably asked them "Did you at least remember to copyright Randy Savage's theme song?")

Velcro Fly

I was out of town and only got to watch the last maybe 45 minutes of the show but god damn it was great.

Going to see about watching a few of the matches I missed sometime this week for sure starting with the cage match.

GeorgPrime

Banned
What a great experience this was :) one of my top favorite PPVs now :)

And Ruby feels like a happy bunny now, she even hugged the referee in the ring xD

And tony is the biggest wrestling geek of them all xD

EDIT: ANd...

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Last night's PPV convinced me to go back and watch AEW from the beginning. Currently watching Double or Nothing 2019.

Fell off WWE around 2006 other than the big 4 and stopped watching TNA in about 2012.

Mostly been watching old school WWF/WCW since then, and currently in Oct 98 with my son.

Top Bottom