• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

NickFire

Jaysus, that's some embarrassing shit.

Now let's watch something that's good:

I've got Fios and not Xfinity, so no free Peacock. I was really tempted to get Peacock because WWE seemed to turn a page (imo) the last couple weeks. Fortunately I saved the $5 and did not waste my time watching stupid magical wrestling adventures that no one wants and that don't even work all the time. Now I can double up on saved time, and get gas from one of those just off the highway stations that always cost more, using the $5 I saved from last night to cover the difference from my normal gas station.

So thank you WWE for a crappy show that makes me feel like a million bucks for not watching your stupid magical wrestling adventures.

NickFire

Rant continuing:

Lynch and Belair was probably the highlight match for me going into it, because there was no way Roman would lose to the tarnished Balor right now. But apparently Vince or whoever forgot the name of the PPV, because somehow a run of the mill interference caused the non-finish at Extreme Rules. Absolute nonsense, and it could have been easily avoided. Just have Sasha bash Bianca with something so that Becky gets the pin. Same net result without insulting the audience.

And Balor losing because of a broken rope makes me wonder if a full blown schizophrenic is writing their storylines. If they were gonna play the magic card, the least they could have done is bring back Papa Shango to put a curse on the demon mid match.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
This is what happens when a company is so wealthy and feels no pressure to do better. AEW may be competition but make no mistake, WWE is in no financial danger. That heartbeat shit is so stupid I'd feel insulted paying for that.

NickFire

This is what happens when a company is so wealthy and feels no pressure to do better. AEW may be competition but make no mistake, WWE is in no financial danger. That heartbeat shit is so stupid I'd feel insulted paying for that.
I doubt they are in danger right this moment, and they might not be anytime soon depending on the contracts they have for TV / streaming. But if they aren't at least a little worried then best of luck to them, because the alternative is that much better for old school fans.

NickFire

Fox might be able to get out of the SD contact and supposedly them and wwe are currently having issues.
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

I am laughing but not at your post. What happened is that I asked myself if Fox is mad despite the Bloodline primarily being on Smackdown, then how are the people at USA feeling? The images that popped in my head are what I am laughing at.

Hinedorf

Banned
The stark contrast between the last AEW ppv to WWE's makes me wonder if you sat down people completely ignorant of wrestling to watch them both which one they'd think was the better product and more entertaining.

I really don't understand why WWE relentlessly refuses to give fans the payoffs in enjoyment they come to see for a big event. To have your final match end because of a rope breaking is the most jerkoff finish to do to your fan base....PAYING FANBASE. This shit isn't real and you end with something so incredibly awful as that.....yeeeeeeeeesh.

Another big thing I'm noticing with WWE.....the RAW announce crew.....forgive me but they are so unimpressive and lacking in legit emotion I can't remember their names.

-White guy on the right with tats who poses and tries to eye fuck the camera while other people talk........completely distracting, wtf is this guy trying to do?
-Stonehenge looking black guy on the left, pretty guy with no personality, does your face have expressions?
-Middle guy seems like a constant changing rotation

To hear a grown man say is the most flat of voices "I have goosebumps right now" as if something going on is really exciting it's just so poorly scripted and lacking in actual excitement compared to some 70 year old hillbilly who can't even remember which company he's working for at least he acts like he gives a damn.

dave_d

I guess for now. Then again when I was a kid I'd never think Sears would basically be on the verge of going out of business in my lifetime but here we are. (And they've been that way since probably around 2000.)

Kagey K

Banned
I guess for now. Then again when I was a kid I'd never think Sears would basically be on the verge of going out of business in my lifetime but here we are. (And they've been that way since probably around 2000.)
They have been pretty bulletproof ever since the WCW days, they were close to bankrupt, but managed to stay afloat.

Now they seem like they would be happy to hand grenade the entire industry if they felt like they were in a position like that again.

Its sad that people think WWE, when they think pro wrestling, but the fact is they just have too much of a stranglehold on the industry.

TNA was doing great things for a while, but couldn’t get eyes on the product. AEW, while also doing great things right now, might be falling into that same trap. (I hope I’m wrong)

Last edited:

NickFire

They have been pretty bulletproof ever since the WCW days, they were close to bankrupt, but managed to stay afloat.

Now they seem like they would be happy to hand grenade the entire industry if they felt like they were in a position like that again.

Its sad that people think WWE, when they think pro wrestling, but the fact is they just have too much of a stranglehold on the industry.

TNA was doing great things for a while, but couldn’t get eyes on the product. AEW, while also doing great things right now, might be falling into that same trap. (I hope I’m wrong)
TNA was never the threat to WWE that AEW currently is. Still possible AEW fizzles out of course, but no reason to expect that right now.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
TNA was never the threat to WWE that AEW currently is. Still possible AEW fizzles out of course, but no reason to expect that right now.
Tna a threat? No. Competition? I think you could argue. I still think we're celebrating a little too quickly with AEW. They certainly have a good bit of momentum. I was a fan of WCW during its peak and I thought they were going to be around forever so I'm probably more cautious than most here lol.

STOKED! Scored tickets to Rampage and Full Gear at the Target Center. Hoping I get to see Bryan/Kenny 2 there. Never thought in my lifetime I’d get to go to a show where I’ll see Kenny, Bryan, Punk, and Adam Cole live. First event in probably 15 years. Hyped!
Oh! I came here to post about this. I got tickets as well! The train in St Paul is 2 blocks from my apartment and goes within 2 blocks of the Target Center. I'm so excited. My first AEW shows. Last PPV I was at was Wrestlemania 30. Hoping my boy Christian is there! I also just missed out on CM Punk in 2014. And maybe I can finally see Sting. Luchasauraussssssssssssssssssssssssss. And Handsome Miro. Would it be too cheesy if I wore my Rusev Day shirt??

Dthomp

Oh! I came here to post about this. I got tickets as well! The train in St Paul is 2 blocks from my apartment and goes within 2 blocks of the Target Center. I'm so excited. My first AEW shows. Last PPV I was at was Wrestlemania 30. Hoping my boy Christian is there! I also just missed out on CM Punk in 2014. And maybe I can finally see Sting. Luchasauraussssssssssssssssssssssssss. And Handsome Miro. Would it be too cheesy if I wore my Rusev Day shirt??

Nice, I’m coming from Fargo, so the hotel for three nights was as much as the tickets I grabbed. I was sitting around with the wife wondering what we may see as far as matchups. Should be a great show, hoping Rampage has something good to offer up too

NickFire

Wednesday now = 1999's Monday. Oh hell yeah!

Also, I want to see CM Punk or someone check the ropes to make sure they won't break before a match. And DMD needs to jab someone about unpopped bags. Go heavy and mock without mercy.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Interesting. That's the first I read about potentially forfeiting severance to start earlier for AEW.

I hope its legit.

"This possible date for Wyatt’s AEW debut is interesting as it was believed that he is under a 90-day non-compete clause with WWE, which would expire on Friday, October 29"

So it seems his 90 days expired today

Last edited:

NickFire

"This possible date for Wyatt’s AEW debut is interesting as it was believed that he is under a 90-day non-compete clause with WWE, which would expire on Friday, October 29"

So it seems his 90 days expired today
Well, the article says it was generally believed to expire 10/29 (90 days after release). That was my understanding from the sites I visit. But the articles you found show there is speculation that he might have a shorter non compete or forfeit some severance and debut tonight. I have no way to say what is or is not true. I hope he does tie into Brodie's storyline though, both for the non-wrestling reasons and to make those dark order guys matter.

I really hope windham shows up today but I doubt it I don’t want to raise my hopes just to be let down when he doesn’t show,I’m hoping if he does sign with aew I hope he will debut around Halloween.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I hope they don't bring in Bray Wyatt. I think if you do that to Honor Brodie Lee you are actually taking away from Brodie. IT then becomes about the new WWE talent on the roster and not all about a great wrestler that managed to accomplish a lot in a short time. I personally feel the Brodies stint in AEW was better than anything Bray Wyatt has ever done in the WWE. All the fiend stuff and weird dark stuff sucks in my opinion. I didn't like the funhouse or anything they did with him.

AEW is good, they don't really need Wyatt on the roster.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I don’t know what Tony schivone said during the tay jay v bunt Ford match, but when Jim Ross has to tell you to stop. That is hilarious.

Bullet Club

"I've got the tightest tits in the game."

lLqdUol.gif

Top Bottom