• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Sports Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Dthomp

Sep 17, 2005
Somewhere Cold
He’s awful and most people don’t even remember he wrestled at some point (he was a Shein version of CM Punk) but hey, gotta fill that 30 guys quota for the Rumble
WWE finally finds the answer to AEW signing cm punk. You bring back the C+ rate cm punk cosplayer for a two month 24/7 run before you cut him since he’s a trash wrestler.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: NickFire
Jan 3, 2020

dave_d

Jan 31, 2005
PLEASE WWE!!! Do the right thing and overpay this overrated piece of crap so I never have to see him and his stupid wife ever again. I've never wanted something this much!
Oh please, he'll never go back because he'll want in his contract he never has to play Stardust again and Vince will never agree to that.

Dthomp

Sep 17, 2005
Somewhere Cold
Oh please, he'll never go back because he'll want in his contract he never has to play Stardust again and Vince will never agree to that.

Then put it in writing he'll never be Stardust, make him Silverdust after he signs and job him out like he's good for for the next 5 years. Or give him Dustys polka dots and the plumber gimmick, I don't care as long as his stupid tattoo get off my AEW broadcast with his WWE stink all over himself.

S0ULZB0URNE

Jan 27, 2020
In the mix
Then I have no idea. I would be a shame if Cody left the company he helped create. Cody and Tony built it together.
Ehh? The Young Bucs and others were just as instrumental.

I don't know how I'll feel if he leaves and to what I said earlier, I don't like just TK running things and have feel that the product has suffered in ways because of him controlling everything.

AJUMP23

Sep 29, 2020
Ehh? The Young Bucs and others were just as instrumental.

I don't know how I'll feel if he leaves and to what I said earlier, I don't like just TK running things and have feel that the product has suffered in ways because of him controlling everything.
I think Rhodes was a good name to pull, the Young Bucs were talent to excite, Jericho was the first BIG name to jump onboard and make people think they may have something here.

They have made some great moves and some lame moves, but they are miles more fun than anything out there. The talent when they first started really did amazing things to win hearts and minds.

Dthomp

Sep 17, 2005
Somewhere Cold
If you want to remember the product before TK took over, just remember the Dark Order beat down to end one of their early shows that was not his doing. It was a laughing stock segment, and the DO we’re, and continue to be a joke.

Cody gets praise for AEW existing, but I think it was a lot more of right place and right time for him to catch there too. TK has said before, CM Punk was the one guy he wanted to start this with and around, and Cory only had success for latching onto the Elite when he got canned.

Kenny and the Bucks wanted to try something big, and I’m sure he helped be a stooge for the network, but without Omega, the Bucks, Hangman and their crew AEW doesn’t happen. They all had the Indy ties like SCU, and many of the promotions that the Bucks traveled to, Cody like always was just a parasite that somehow squeezed his way in as Cole was leaving the crew.

The sooner he retires and goes to host shitty Tbs game shows that happier I’ll be never seeing him again. But if he leaves, does that mean rasicm is back? Since he single handedly eradicated it?

dave_d

Jan 31, 2005

Corny's going to think that Kenny works for NXT now. But this is Bruce and Vince's work.
The only way it could be more over the top is if her entrance video is of some magical anime girl transformation sequence when she puts on the necklace. Of course I can always make the joke the first 6 times Bruce told Vince about her Vince kept telling him to stop apologizing.

Reactions: Bullet Club

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014

Corny's going to think that Kenny works for NXT now. But this is Bruce and Vince's work.
Maybe there is something to the theory they need ratings to tank to make a sale easier? Seems absurd to me, but how else do we explain copying the early 90's character development methods instead of the late 90's that actually worked?

DKehoe

Jun 19, 2007
Maybe there is something to the theory they need ratings to tank to make a sale easier? Seems absurd to me, but how else do we explain copying the early 90's character development methods instead of the late 90's that actually worked?
Why would tanking the ratings make a sale easier?