• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WV Mayor, local official under fire after racist social media post about Mrs Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolivar687

Banned
Melania Trump is a pair of tits in heels.

gD-dI5.gif

The fact she casually said that means that is the norm where they work and live.

This is likely the be the standard rather than the exception in communities that lack racial diversity because there is little opportunity for empathy and nobody to tell them any better.

Which is like 90% of the land in America.

Racially diverse areas in America are like islands on the ocean. People need to remember that. Most minority groups are gathered around large metropolitan areas and large urban centers. Those are islands in states.

Nepenthe

I need you guys to back off of these poor ladies. They're anxious about the economy; stress will cause you to say things you don't mean.
/s

I swear, personally insulting Michelle has got to be one of the most hypocritical thing that (a few revolting) conservatives do. The party of family values, chivalry, and Christianity... indulging in the pettiest, nastiest insults towards a woman with a perfect nuclear family, who is obviously devoted and faithful to her husband (and he to her)?

Same reason why Oregon, founded in the 1850s, was both viciously anti-slavery *and* viciously racist (having a law on the books banning blacks from making permanent residence there for over 75 years). Poor free whites felt that the mere presence of blacks was bad for them economically, whether those blacks were free or enslaved.
WV's original state constitution had a clause that no blacks, free or slave, could be within its borders. They had to remove it before they would be admitted to the Union.
Now, this obviously doesn't mean that West Virginia was some sort of bastion of progressive antiracism back in the 80's and 90's (just like how being a Democratic voter in 2016 doesn't necessarily mean you're progressive on racism nowadays) . But it does mean that even while likely being racist, people can be convinced to vote Democrat. Hopefully that's the overall lesson learned for years going forward.
I grew up in WV in the '70s and '80s. I never saw a rebel flag until I went to WVU, and even then we gave the guy shit for it. In school we were always proudly taught that WV was a Free State. Then again, after my grandfather died I learned he was terribly racist and my mother-in-law told me she celebrated when MLK was killed. Sigh.

A bit harsh don't you think? Neither of these women ran for political office.

Considering the comments in the OP I think it's fair game. I'm tired of educated women being put down in favor of women who get by based on their physical attractiveness.

But yeah I probably went too far, what was said about Michelle made me really angry.

Melania didn't make those comments, so it was unfair to bring her into it - I apologize.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Disgusting. :(

Also this part is possibly even more infuriating:

Last week in Kentucky, Republican Dan Johnson defeated incumbent Democrat Linda Belcher in Bullitt County despite a series of Facebook posts that depicted Barack Obama and his wife as monkeys. Republican officials, including likely new House Speaker Jeff Hoover, had called on Johnson to drop out of the race. But Hoover declared last week that Johnson would be "welcome in our caucus."

Kentucky elected this piece of shit. Over an incumbent, too!

melania sounds like she has the eloquence of an ape in heels tbh.

fuck these slimes.
Melania Trump is a pair of tits in heels. We got a massive, massive downgrade from Michelle to her.
Ah, good ol' slut-shaming. The kind of misogyny and sexism that would make Trump proud, I swear.

Did you know that Melania is fluent in five or six languages?

norm9

What a pair of dummies. Doubt they'll be punished. The internet shaming they're getting is probably a badge of honor for them.

Considering the comments in the OP I think it's fair game. I'm tired of educated women being put down in favor of women who get by based on their physical attractiveness.

But yeah I probably went too far, what was said about Michelle made me really angry.

Melania didn't make those comments, so it was unfair to bring her into it - I apologize.

I hear you, you have every right to be angry, let's just focus it on the right people!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I think I'm going to have to stop clicking on shit like this

just for my own sanity

I just get depressed, and then all this anger just builds up inside and I don't know what the hell to do with it

i can't take this

how the FUCK are we supposed to just TAKE THIS

ShyMel

Hope they both get fired. Michelle is nothing but a classy, beautiful, and dignified lady. I know people want her to run for office(s) but I don't want her to keep being insulted by people.

On another note, while I strongly disapprove Melania's plagiarism, calling her a mail order bride and tits in heels is gross y'all.

I think I'm going to have to stop clicking on shit like this

just for my own sanity

I just get depressed, and then all this anger just builds up inside and I don't know what the hell to do with it

i can't take this

how the FUCK are we supposed to just TAKE THIS
I had to ask for a 24 hour ban for my own sanity.

It's just too much. And the test that we're just told to take it. And not only take it, but to pander to these people. And get them to be out friends by pandering.

Fuck them.

Ah, good ol' slut-shaming. The kind of misogyny and sexism that would make Trump proud, I swear.

Did you know that Melania is fluent in five or six languages?

Not for nothing, Melania would defend it as boys locker room talk. I think the broader point is highlighting the strength of Michelle's character and how she is only insulted for the color of her skin. Most everyone else adores her.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
There's a word for these creatures, but I'll just stick with creatures.

Keep hatin on Michelle tho! You'll never be worthy. 😚

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom