• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

West Virginia Official Who Called Michelle Obama ‘Ape In Heels’ Gets Her Job Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

How could you not interpret that as racist you fucking racist woman. Holy fuck it feels like I'm taking crazy pills here

sajj316

That's just freaking ridiculous. Not shocked. If this was the Northeast, she wouldn't get close to another state/city/federal job.

FStop7

Banned
The South is not some mythical place. It's not a war zone where you can't go. A lot of people, such as myself, grew up there and are decent folks. Just like everywhere else.

Need I remind you that the current president-elect is from blue NY, not some imaginary southern city you scoff at.

Nah, he's right. I grew up in the south, been everywhere in the south, it's mostly shit with a few oases of humanity.

Apathy

If calling a black woman an "ape in heels" isn't racist, then man, what the fuck IS racist?

It's getting really close to the point where these garbage people will be claiming that calling a black person "nigger" isn't racist. Black people have always been painted as sub human and ape/monkey like by shit head racists. How she could claim calling Michelle an ape isn't racist is like the dumbest, laziest excuse possible because we all know that's the go to for racists when it comes to black people. Shitty people in shitty States who protect and are protected by shitty people.

She got like a month or so off work for this, that's it. Fuck I'm pissed.

Monocle

It's getting really close to the point where these garbage people will be claiming that calling a black person "nigger" isn't racist. Black people have always been painted as sub human and ape/monkey like by shit head racists. How she could claim calling Michelle an ape isn't racist is like the dumbest, laziest excuse possible because we all know that's the go to for racists when it comes to black people. Shitty people in shitty States who protect and are protected by shitty people.

She got like a month or so off work for this, that's it. Fuck I'm pissed.
It's not about color, it's about the way people act!

^ Actual words spoken to me by a wretched douchestain I once knew.

LifEndz

So unless you drop the n-bomb you can use the "it was only a joke guys"....and it'll work. But I guess I need to watch my tone on this as a POC because it's incumbent on me and people like me to teach her the error of her ways.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
You guys we need to be more understanding with the racists, otherwise they'll never learn

Let's all take the high road here

/s

As someone who lives in the backwoods part of Southern Ohio, the only thing that makes me feel good about where I live that Kentucky and West Virginia are just a few miles away to show me how much worse it could be.

I grew up in Vinton County, totally know what you're saying (although Parkerburg wasn't so bad, my mom lived there after she divorced my dad, you could tell who was from the city and who wasn't nearly instantly).

Incoming FLOTUS' background is messy as hell and she's not even culturally American, Im thinking there's a strong possibility Melania goes down as the worst first lady of the modern era, the gaffes and missteps will be endless.
I think the Donald might keep her in the background and parade Ivanka around instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom