• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WV Official that resigned for being racist, then rehired, has been fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

http://wvmetronews.com/2016/12/27/n...mmenter-agency-to-receive-outside-management/

State officials have announced that the Clay County Development Corporation director who was removed from her job after a social media post likening first lady Michelle Obama to an “ape in heels” won’t be returning to work after all.

Also, Appalachian Area Agency on Aging will take over day-to-day management of Clay County Development Corporation for six months, according to a statement released by Jessica Tice, spokeswoman for Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin.

Looks like they are clearing house of her whole company

Roswall said the Facebook status update that Clay County Development Corp. director Pamela Taylor posted in November caused other concerns about the way the agency was run to start pouring in to state officials.

“I think that comment opened the door,” Roswall said today. “That’s normally when other people start telling you other things going on.”

Red flags for state officials included lack of response to Freedom of Information Act requests, meetings that should have been open, and the lack of a nondiscrimination policy to guide interactions with minority customers of the agency’s services.

“One of the priorities of our federal money is to target low-income minority seniors,” Roswall said. “They do not have a nondiscrimination policy for their consumers.”

Volimar

"Shit, they're still paying attention! Er, nothing to see here, we're not really hiring her back. In fact we're double extra firing her. We love the blacks!"

kirblar

"Shit, they're still paying attention! Er, nothing to see here, we're not really hiring her back. In fact we're double extra firing her. We love the blacks!"
Given the nepotism here (her two sisters she hired on? Also fired) I almost wonder if they rehired her in order to can her themselves and prevent her from getting benefits or something.

edit: Looks like the re-hire triggered officials to actually look at the books and figure out wtf was going on there- http://wvmetronews.com/2016/12/13/w...-hand-state-government-scrutinizes-contracts/

mr2xxx

Banned
So it wasn't an isolated incident of racism, more of a institutional issue. Someone cue the not shocked .gifs

Wow, looks like she was probably not even qualified for the job and lost a $82,000 plus salary. What a dumbass hope that shitty tweet was worth it!

Zenner

If I read that right, the Not-For-Profit she works/worked is now also under scrutiny, and has agreed to oversight of some kind? Gotta behave, if you want that big-ol' bundle of federal dollars.

Article said:
Tice stated the six months of management by Appalachian Area Agency on Aging should provide time to put Clay Development Corporation on a stable path.

“This six-month time period will give the CCDC an opportunity to make any management or governance changes necessary to ensure the entity is in full contractual compliance with the state of West Virginia,” Tice stated.

That's another private company doing the oversight, it seems?

Volimar

Rehired? What the shit?

image.php

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I see.

So they were rehired after saying outrageously racist things about black people but refired for impeding white people.

RPGCrazied

Good. This is unacceptable. I know Trump won and has energized racists to just be more openly racist, but this shouldn't be normalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom