• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL Ultimate Game Sale starts tomorrow

Well possibly - I moved to India (last month) and my account is still US. The game is also on sale on Xbox India website though - so it's not regional content block either.
I have the Xbox using unblock-us DNS servers and Netflix app works fine with it!

Unfortunately, I think it still requires using an account based on the same region you are in. I'm on the same boat and can't purchase GoW3 from the US store. I have a Colombia account, but it has no funds :/

EDIT: Yes, it's on sale here, too.

B4D1E

I'm pretty sure you can, but only local mp.

Has anyone tried redeeming one of those Gamestop 5$ codes on an Europe account? Can I do it?

Thanks for the reply. I'll bite then.

I also was hoping for Splinter Cell Blacklist to go on sale, so I don't need the disc anymore. Like I did for Fallout NV.

Edit: For those interested, I just checked Split/Second OT and indeed there is 2 players splitscreen.

Anth0ny

I can't buy Gears of War 3 for some reason :/ been trying for past 24+hrs. Tried both credit card and account balance methods.

DaekRos.jpg

I'm having the same problem.

Trying to buy off the American store, but I'm in Canada. Is there any way around this?

Fucking digital region locking.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
BAM. Got Split/Second.

$7.50AU. Had $4.50 or so left in my account so I only took $3 out of my PayPal gaming stash. Rapt. LOOOOOOVE Split/Second.

Perona

So can you not buy things on the website without choosing a payment method? I have money on my account already but it keeps telling me to pay with a credit card.

BajiRav

I'm having the same problem.

Trying to buy off the American store, but I'm in Canada. Is there any way around this?

Fucking digital region locking.
Hate it really. I can re-download all games I purchased on the US store but can't buy them?
What kind of logic went into XBL DRM is beyond me.

A thoroughly terrible sale. I had hoped MS were going to go big on the final day, but nope....

This pales in comparison to the Christmas sale. What happened?

SZips

Why ignore Halo Wars? I don't really like RTS games but was really surprised how good it was. In fact, I just played ODST again and right afterwards played Halo Wars and I actually liked HW better! It's an awesome game and easy to learn.
I played it (rented or a demo, I can't recall) and didn't like it. I'm not a fan of RTS games to begin with, which didn't help.

Certinty

I have no idea how Xbox Live works these days. I have £5 on my account and to buy Split Second for £3 and Skate 2 for £3.80, do I have to add an additional £5 of credit?

Alx

A thoroughly terrible sale. I had hoped MS were going to go big on the final day, but nope....

This pales in comparison to the Christmas sale. What happened?

I'm not really complaining myself, I ended up buying Child of Eden, Ninja Gaiden 2, Bioshock Infinite and Split Second, all for less than 25€. Not bad. Now I need to find the time to play them. :p

bidguy

Banned
Well possibly - I moved to India (last month) and my account is still US. The game is also on sale on Xbox India website though - so it's not regional content block either.
I have the Xbox using unblock-us DNS servers and Netflix app works fine with it!

Unfortunately, I think it still requires using an account based on the same region you are in. I'm on the same boat and can't purchase GoW3 from the US store. I have a Colombia account, but it has no funds :/

EDIT: Yes, it's on sale here, too.

its not a region lock its an ip lock. region lock means you cant play it on your console even if for some reason you managed to download it.

unblockus wont help you with xbox live content thats ip locked since it uses a different system. you need to sign up for a vpn service, connect to your router with a second pc/laptop, activate vpn, connect your xbox 360 to your main pc while using the vpn connection.

dl speeds are low so just start the download, switch to your normal connection and download until youre at around 78% and use the vpn connection again. thats because ms checks your ip once at the beginning of the download and another time at 80%

BajiRav

its not a region lock its an ip lock. region lock means you cant play it on your console even if for some reason you managed to download it.

unblockus wont help you with xbox live content thats ip locked since it uses a different system. you need to sign up for a vpn service, connect to your router with a second pc/laptop, activate vpn, connect your xbox 360 to your main pc while using the vpn connection.

dl speeds are low so just start the download, switch to your normal connection and download until youre at around 78% and use the vpn connection again. thats because ms checks your ip once at the beginning of the download and another time at 80%
wow..really? that's fucked up really. I was thinking about migrating my account over but then the whole process sounded convoluted with possibility of losing content. I guess I am better of making another account.

im_dany

Does anyone know if the Banjo bundle is permanent or part of the sale? Also, can you only buy it from the website?

It's going to stay on XBL marketplace for 1 month, according to PlayXBLA.
You should be able to get it from the website, just like any other content on X360.

H3xum

Bioshock Infinite Games on Demand 67%
Modern Warfare 3 Games on Demand 60%
NASCAR 14 Games on Demand 58%
Peggle 2 Arcade 50%
Painkiller Hell & Damnation Games on Demand 80%
Split/Second Games on Demand 75%

Today

Only game I bought in the sale was dead rising 2 OCR as I wanted that for a while now.

Some other games there I could dip to go digital with or replay again but i'm just not feeling it.

dorikyasu

Today is the last day, right?
Ended up with Ducktales, KOF13, Bastion, & Skyrim. Not too bad of a haul, even with the lackluster sales of last few days.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So I wound up picking up quite a bit. I would have bought more too but I found that I have the majority of the games offered (where's my Gears of War Judgement sale??)

Split Second
Painkiller
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Metal Gear (impulse buy this morning)
Ninja Gaiden 2
Serious Sam TFE & SE (probably need to buy the rest of them quick)
Narco Terror

But if the second Death Spank game would have been in there somewhere that's what I would be playing right now.

Anth0ny

so there's actually a way around it? gotta try this!

Couldn't believe unblockus didn't even work. So fucked.

Is there a good, free VPN I can use as a Canadian to trick my Xbox into thinking I'm in the US?

mooooose

Gears of War 3
Fallout 3
Portal 2
ATV vs MX
Bioshock Infinite
Ninja Gaiden 2
Left 4 Dead 2

+Anarchy Reigns from last week

I'm pretty happy with that haul. Besides ATV vs MX, those are all games I really wanted.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Picked up

Gears 3
Child of Eden
Split/Second
CV Lords of Shadow 2
TMNT: OOTS
Halo Spartan Assault
MGS5: GZ

+ Vanquish, Anarchy Reigns and DD: Dark Arisen(No sale) from previous week.

Slim pickings for the Xbox One.

Yeah, I just got an Xbox One that came with Titanfall and Watch Dogs so was disappointed that nothing was on sale for me. Still, there's not much actually on the console right now, it needs another 12 months or so to start having decent sales on titles.

I'd have picked up Trials Fusion or MGS Ground Zeroes for the Xbone if they went on sale, but alas.

Top Bottom