• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360: design seen, name confirmed

Microsoft guys are geniuses would xbox 2 or xbox next spark this type of discourse.

I would reply to this if i thought that it took a genius to spark discourse about disparate topics of little real worth on an internet forum... shit wait... :lol

Sysgen said:
Perhaps but general usage isn't comprehensive, is it? Does that give bishop the right to call me a stupid motherfucker? A little overboard don't you think?

No.

jobber said:
Again, I woke up and Wall Street Journal Radio was talking about the next Xbox. They were saying some site called videogame.biz or gameconsole.biz (I was 1/2 sleep mind you) confirmed it'll be called 360 and the color of the system is white and platinum.

Gamesindustry.biz = eurogamer = the link at the start of this thread.

Also happens to be the same site that confirmed that NewsCorp was buying Eidos. :D

Mallrat83

Banned
From some other place. Interesting, even though Xbox.com has used the graphic since like 2003 now:

ea97e42c.jpg

Could it be?

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Chiggs said:

Posted this in another thread (made by a poster on SA).

That just looks like a DVD player, or even a VCR just with the colors changed. There aren't even controller ports....

Aren't the controllers going to be wireless?

That's not a bad looking mock there. I like it. I PRAY that it has that type of loading for discs. Top-loading and tray drives are so 90's.

robojimbo

Based entirely on the Colony logo, I'm going with the assumption that it'll look something like this:

xbox3601rq.jpg

(black stripe through the center if you can't tell)

Given the concavity of the thing, that picture on the ant's abdomen is too suspicious to overlook.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Sal Paradise Jr said:
Aren't the controllers going to be wireless?

That's not a bad looking mock there. I like it. I PRAY that it has that type of loading for discs. Top-loading and tray drives are so 90's.

afaik there will be wireless controllers available, but they won't be standard.

Well they certainly like to show the controller off a lot.

Looks like a more refined Controller Type-S, which isn't a bad thing at all!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Its exactly the same picture as one leaked (right down to the shine on the left of the pad), hence my opinion that it is a photoshop, nice try to be 'subtle' with the use of the prototype 360 console in the background though.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Yeah, I'm a little suspicious of that, if only because we've no idea who it's coming from. How does it compare to previous artwork released in terms of ease-of-photoshopping?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'd say fake as well. If you go to http://www.ourcolony.net/gamem8ker/index.html it's not there.

And why screengrab it? It's not flash, you can just pull out the URL of each picture. Which would be more convincing because you'd know it was on the ourcolony server then.

People have just linked to all the previous 'secret' images.

Edit: The gap between the pics is wrong as well.

Nash said:
And why screengrab it? It's not flash, you can just pull out the URL of each picture. Which would be more convincing because you'd know it was on the ourcolony server then.

Well if this is anything like those PGR3 pics, the URL was only available for about 3-5 minutes after you solved the puzzle so I'd imagine a screengrab is the way to go.

scarybore

I notice that the Jo Dark image has 2005 360 on it. Wouldn't surpise me if its fake, seems to be a bit too much info, then again it wouldn't surprise me if its real :lol

mrkgoo

Lets take a simple example. You want to take a walk around the block. Next to you is a black car. You take your walk around the block. When you arrive at your starting point now there is a white car. How the fuck did that happen or do you still have your head in the clouds?

This has got to be one of the funniest things I have ever had the grace of reading on the internet.

Having said that, I believe the XBox 360 isn't trying to imply that they're back where they started - more like they have 'come full circle', starting a new cycle, the end onf one thing, the start of another. Which what I think Sysgen is trying to demonstarte. However, that has nothing to do with it being black or white.

nitewulf

dude...that looks like a japanese pretty boy design. perhaps mistwalker or okamoto game.
so they are teasing us with bits of game media eh? bastards...

Sysgen

Chiggs said:
Don't help him out! ;)

someone gets it but when you're playing violin to a musically deficient crowd things get out of hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the absolute astronomy encyclopedia

A degree of arc, usually symbolized by the symbol °, is a measurement of plane angles or of a location along a great circle of a sphere such as the Earth or the celestial sphere); it represents going one-360th the way around the circumference of a circle or sphere.

The number 360 was probably chosen because it is divisible by 24 positive integers, including every number from 1 to 10 except 7. (For the number of degrees in a circle to be divisible by every number from 1 to 10, there would need to be 2520 degrees in a circle, which is a much less convenient number).

My comments:

The term 360 is abstract and open to interpretation. Many use it as turning 360 degrees on an axis. Others also use the term to indicate going full circle across a time continuum.

I was referring to the latter interpretation when I made this post:

Xbox 3 6 0

Current = BLACK

New = WHITE (a 3 6 0 from BLACK)

WHITE=VIRGIN=A NEW BEGINNING

All makes sense to me.

Given absolutely no benefit of the doubt and without consideration that only an infant would not know that turning 360 degrees on an axis would visually yield the same color object this forum maliciously ambushed me. I submit that it is of the most simplistic minds that are capable of this behavior.

The misunderstanding of the post is not an excuse for what transpired. I explicitly made it clear after being confronted with the startling revelation that black is 360 degrees from black that I was referring to Microsoft coming full circle (or 360 degrees, as in traveling an abstract continuum) in that the company is now launching a new console. The context of the thread to this point was that the new console may be white. I stated in another post was that Microsoft bore a console in 2001 and that they will launch one in 2005.

A span of 4 years. The encyclopedia I cite refers to the term 360 as:

The number 360 was probably chosen because it is divisible by 24 positive integers,

The term 360 is also divisible by 4 years. I tried to use the concept of time to quiet the frenzied mob but to no avail and I was shouted down for my analogy.

I was insulted with outbursts of even a kindergartener would know the difference. Did these idiots think that I did not know the difference looking at a black box, turning 360 and not knowing that I would be looking at a black box?

To the posters that attacked me your minds need to grow. You need to listen and to give a person the benefit of the doubt and you need to think for yourselves. Whether obvious or not, a deeper or alternate meaning may be implied. Just because a person in authority doesn't think doesn't mean that you have to follow suit.

bishoptl: Which explains why you believe that a 360 degree change from your current position doesn't mean you end up EXACTLY WHERE YOU STARTED.

I never said this. Would the admin have not been wiser, as a moderator to ask for an interpretation, given the obvious nature of this post before insulting me and throwing me to the wolves? I think so.

Sysgen: Nov 2005 - Now it's white. So we've traveled 360 degrees and the new console isn't black anymore. Who doesn't get this besides you?

bishoptl: YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MOTHERFUCKER I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS

It's almost funny. I see the new DVD at amazon.com "MODS GONE WILD". In response to this I would like to note that I took the high road. I believe as I still do that bishoptl was so off base, so not in the ballpark, that he slid into first base only there was no game. He missed the game, he missed the boat, he missed the fucking point and it would of been very easy for me to respond in kind. I didn't though in an attempt to present my argument. I have never in my years posting on the internet been referred to as this by anyone, especially a mod. It is shameful and in retrospect it is totally unwarranted. Mods have responsibilities. They regulate their boards to keep order and to keep posters who make these kinds of posts off of them.

Gaming-Age is the best gaming forum on the internet. It is unequaled in it's member population. I enjoy the forum and for the most part I enjoy the people. Their variance in gaming tastes makes the forum what it is. Without these people the forum does not exist. The members are the forum, not the mods. The mod should be the cop. Shoot first and ask questions later should not be their modus operandi.

Top Bottom