• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360: design seen, name confirmed

m0dus

Banned
AniHawk said:
The rumor dealy said it's "sucking in its cheeks." Would that mean it's concave from both sides (to make it look like a somewhat rounded X)?

:lol HOLY SHIT

53003090.JPG

The answer is on the abdomen! THE ANSWER IS ON THE ABDOMEN! SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE OF PEOPLE!

Sysgen

m0dus said:
:lol HOLY SHIT

53003090.JPG

The answer is on the abdomen! THE ANSWER IS ON THE ABDOMEN! SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE OF PEOPLE!

There was a thread started by a mod not to far back that asked for suggestions for the name of the new Xbox. My suggestion was scorpian, and though 360 is th ename, the scorpian is the logo for ourcolony. I should get a small royalty for my insight.

What if the system were shaped like this

)(

Have the center be straight and the two ends split in two protruding outwards giving it an X shape. As a bonus it'd give it stability when standing it up. I think it'd look really hot.

HokieJoe

Outcast2004 said:
the part that gets me is that everybody whines about how it's going to look. Let's be honest, does it even MATTER what the system looks like, as long as the game are good who the fuck cares?

It's going to go into your enertainment racks and never leave anyway. It's the same thing as boxarts. People get all up in arms about them, without ever once mentioning the actual game contained within.

Sometimes this place astounds me....

I tend to agree. Getting in a big tizz over how a console looks is akin to caring what the fucking packaging my motherboard came in looks like. As long as the console allows me to play cutting edge games it really doesn't matter.

All things being equal though, I wouldn't mind a nice looking design.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Pedigree Chum said:
What if the system were shaped like this

)(

Have the center be straight and the two ends split in two protruding outwards giving it an X shape. As a bonus it'd give it stability when standing it up. I think it'd look really hot.
That would look horrible.

I'm thinking if it's going to figure into the shape of the system, maybe the top-down view would look like:
____
)___(

The front would still be rectangular. Anything else would look silly.

Koshiro

Sysgen said:
There was a thread started by a mod not to far back that asked for suggestions for the name of the new Xbox. My suggestion was scorpian, and though 360 is th ename, the scorpian is the logo for ourcolony. I should get a small royalty for my insight.
It's very definitely an ant.

Shig said:
That would look horrible.

I'm thinking if it's going to figure into the shape of the system, maybe the top-down view would look like:
____
)___(

The front would still be rectangular. Anything else would look silly.

Well my take on it was in teh verticle position. But yeah, pretty similar to what you're showing in the horizontal position, but more concave in the middle to emphasize the X.

Kinda like this:

__.....__
)__---__(

visualize the lines in the middle and the lines up top making a curve (can't do it in ascii).

Speevy

Banned
The question remains.

Can the Xbox 360/Revolution console design be as ugly and weird as the PS3 design is boring?

Speevy said:
The question remains.

Can the Xbox 360/Revolution console design be as ugly and weird as the PS3 design is boring?

Sony are the masters of design. Do not doubt for a second that the PS3 will be most likely the best looking console out of the bunch.

The PS2 fit in perfectly with anyone's electronic center. If you stood it upright, you could mistake it for a PC workstation.

Gattsu25

Banned
Blimblim said:
Indeed. Well, I doubt anyone could say with a straight face that they actually love the current Xbox design, especially the black (or is it really very dark green?) one.

I know someone who loves the thing...he's a pretty small guy and actually sits on the console when he plays games...

max_cool said:
Xbowtie.JPG

ok, I just saw this thread now so if I'm late on the bow tie joke just mock me mercilessly

There we go, I exepct it to look something like that. Except on both ends, make a cut to give it the look of an X, so that both ends look like this

..___
>___<

Speevy

Banned
Cold-Steel said:
Sony are the masters of design. Do not doubt for a second that the PS3 will be most likely the best looking console out of the bunch.

The PS2 fit in perfectly with anyone's electronic center. If you stood it upright, you could mistake it for a PC workstation.

Meh. I prefer a console that looks like a console. The Xbox may be too fat and have that ugly green X, but at least visitors immediately know it's hooked up. The Gamecube is easily hidden in the backdrop, but looks like a kid's toy if you put it right in the center.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Okay, I can't believe I'm trying to explain this, but otherwise I'll hurt my head banging on my desk.

* Stand up in your room and face a door.
* Turn 90 degrees clockwise, and you're now facing a different direction.
* Turn another 90 degrees clockwise - this is the same as turning 180 degrees clockwise from your initial orientation - and you'll now be facing the opposite from the door. Your back should now be facing the door.
* Turn another 90 degrees clockwise - this is the same as turning 270 degrees clockwise from your initial orientation.
* And finally, do another 90 degree clockwise turn - this is the same as turning 360 degrees clockwise from your initial orientation. Note how you're now facing the door again - you're back at where you started.

And by the way, it's spelled scorpion.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Sysgen said:
What's the diffculty?

Nov 2001 - Year 1/4
Nov 2002 - Year 2/4
Nov 2003 - Year 3/4
Nov 2004 - Year 4/4

4 quarters a 360 makes.

Nov 2005 - Now it's white. So we've traveled 360 degrees and the new console isn't black anymore. Who doesn't get this besides you?
YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MOTHERFUCKER I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I'm not sure if )( can be used if Hurley has a copyright on it:

hur-t1-bcast-red19d.jpg

But I don't know if they do have a copyright.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
bishoptl said:

Thank you, so very much. The only thing I've been able to think while reading this god damned thread was "YOU DUMB FUCK" every time he posted. And now that somebody who isn't at risk of getting banned said it, I don't have to.

But he sure is one dumb fuck, no?

Sysgen

bishoptl said:

Lets take a simple example. You want to take a walk around the block. Next to you is a black car. You take your walk around the block. When you arrive at your starting point now there is a white car. How the fuck did that happen or do you still have your head in the clouds?

Sysgen said:
Lets take a simple example. You want to take a walk around the block. Next to you is a black car. You take your walk around the block. When you arrive at your starting point now there is a white car. How the fuck did that happen or do you still have your head in the clouds?

WHAT?

dear god in heaven

Bish, please tell me there's a clause in the TOS that states that mods can ban someone for being a moron. Please.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Sysgen said:
This should be your avatar:
dave.gif

Sysgen

What don't you guys get? You can complete a 360 rotation and arrive at your starting point and things have changed. So I innocently said that MS can do a 360 and go from a black console to a white console.

BTW: Thanks for everyone piling on and the kindergarten remarks.

Lets take another example:

you look straight ahead at dawn, at the earliest incarnation of the day, and you see a black bookbag for which you have to take to school and everyone has. You turn around to put your school clots on, and when you go to get your bookbag, it's WHITE. You made a full revolution with your head

(BTW, the Xbox isn't black :p)

shpankey

not an idiot
Marconelly said:
You are not bursting any kind of bubble. PS2's monolithic design is in fact very good, and it was very impressive back then when it was unveiled. I know that a lot people I know were quite impressed and surprised it'a game console when they first saw it. It also won a lot of appraisal among insdustrial designers back then.

Hell, it looks pretty damn good even by today's standards:

pearl_white.jpg
hmm... I thought that design was stolen? i remember seeing a picture of an old computer that looked identical to PS2. how could they win awards on a design they just copied? -if indeed they copied it (not saying they did for sure as i just have a vague rememberance of that whole copy thing)

AniHawk said:
The rumor dealy said it's "sucking in its cheeks." Would that mean it's concave from both sides (to make it look like a somewhat rounded X)?
bingo. like this...

)_(

(^^imagine a bar on the top)

The worst thing about the name Xbox 360 is that idiots try to find hidden meaning in it. Fuck, what's next "PS3 means that it's the 3rd coming of a station in a far away galaxy where the inhabitants (named, funnily enough, Psyborgs) do nothing but play around with each other"...holy shit, Sony is deeep.

Sysgen said:
What don't you guys get? You can complete a 360 rotation and arrive at your starting point and things have changed. So I innocently said that MS can do a 360 and go from a black console to a white console.

You remind of this great IGN poster called The_Azian_Falcon.

btw Nice logic :lol

Sysgen

and then someone said, no a 360 would imply that going from black you would wind up at black, but that is not true in a non static world. My example stands and if anyone thinks it's fucking stupid or retarded I am open to debate.

bishoptl said:

This is how great the Xbox 360 name is. It will have kids across America saying its a 360 degree turn around in the opposite direction. And our country gets knocked for our math skills.

Sysgen

Doom_Bringer said:
You remind of this great IGN poster called The_Azian_Falcon.

btw Nice logic :lol

So far all I've heard are barbs which have no bite. You guys are pussys :) My 10lb dog has a bigger bite. Show me where I'm wrong.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Sysgen said:

360 represents a cycle. Yeah sure you can walk around a fucking block and shit can be different when you get back, BUT you're still in the SAME DAMN PLACE AS WHERE YOU STARTED!!!

Your example of a car being white is rediculous in the context of this argument, as we're stating POSITIONS. 360 puts you square back where you started, regardless of other factors. For your argument to even make any sort of sense, you need to incorporate TIME as a factor of the equation, whice NONE OF US are debating.

clockB.gif

clockW.gif

See how things go in circles back to where they began. Unless you never learned what a circle was in like fucking kindergarden, don't try to argue something you can't even comprehend let alone make a decent argument out of.

Sysgen

Price Drop said:
This is how great the Xbox 360 name is. It will have kids across America saying its a 360 degree turn around in the opposite direction. And our country gets knocked for our math skills.

a 360 degree turn around in the opposite direction is simplistic thinking. You can do better.

Pedigree Chum said:
The worst thing about the name Xbox 360 is that idiots try to find hidden meaning in it.
It's a complex mathematical equation.

(g)r + d = 360

where g(r) is the number of good Rare games this gen and d is the number of degrees in a circle.

Top Bottom