• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 launch lineup?

Norse

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/641/641086p1.html

If this list turns out to be true, I will be one broke gamer come november.

# Amped 3 (2K Games)
# Call of Duty 2 (Activision)
# Condemned (Sega)
# Dead Or Alive 4 (Tecmo)
# Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda)
# Final Fantasy XI (Microsoft)
# Full Auto (Sega)
# Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
# Gun (Activision)
# Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft)
# Madden NFL 06 (EA)
# NBA 2K6 (2K Games)
# NHL 2K6 (2K Games)
# The Outfit (THQ)
# Perfect Dark LE (Microsoft)
# Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft)
# Quake 4 (Activision)
# Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)
# Saints Row (THQ)
# Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)
# Top Spin 2 (2K Games)

Xbox 360 second wave launch titles, which EB has scheduled for November 16, include the majority of Electronic Arts' games:

* Burnout Revenge
* FIFA Soccer 06
* Peter Jackson's King Kong
* NBA Live 06
* Need For Speed Most Wanted
* Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06

Namco's Frame City Killer is listed as releasing November 19, 2005

Prine

Banned
im buying for sure:

Kameo
Perfect Dark Zero
CoD2
PGR3
DOA4
GR3

Most probably Saints Row as well, despending on funds

Im so broke i may have to miss out on Zelda and Burnout 4 :(

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Norse said:

# Full Auto (Sega)
# Madden NFL 06 (EA)
# NBA 2K6 (2K Games)
# The Outfit (THQ)
# Quake 4 (Activision)
# Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)
# Saints Row (THQ)

I have some interest in those games, but only PGR3 and PD0 are locks for me so far.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Call of Duty 2
Condemned
Dead Or Alive 4
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Full Auto
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Kameo: Elements of Power
Madden NFL 06
Perfect Dark LE (if Wallguy is in it)
Project Gotham Racing 3
Ridge Racer 6

I'm interested in all of these games. No way I'll buy them all, but shit that's a lot of money. If I can only buy two (which'll probably be the case), it'll be COD2 and PGR3.

GOD DAMN YOU CYPHER

GhaleonEB

Norse said:

# Amped 3 (2K Games)
# Condemned (Sega)
# Full Auto (Sega)
# Gun (Activision)
# Madden NFL 06 (EA)
# NBA 2K6 (2K Games)
# NHL 2K6 (2K Games)
# The Outfit (THQ)
# Quake 4 (Activision)
# Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)
# Saints Row (THQ)
# Top Spin 2 (2K Games)

That's 21 games - MS has been saying 10-15 since E3. I doubt FFXI (From Microsoft not Square?!), Oblivior, Gun and one of either Kameo or PD0 will make it. The rest seem plausable.

Norse

i am thinking maybe 17 or so of all the games listed will actually make it out during launch...but still, that list pretty much has something for everyone.

Hope gamefly supports x360 at launch. If they do, I will rent all games from them and then just keep the ones I like.

Man, less than 3 months left. woo hoo!

two Rare games ready for launch?

Congrats to them if they do, but seriously. Rare is lucky to put out two top tier games in a generation.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
didnt they say 10-15 at launch?

i'd bet that list for the year though

Prine said:
im buying for sure:

Kameo
Perfect Dark Zero
CoD2
PGR3
DOA4
GR3

Most probably Saints Row as well, despending on funds

Im so broke i may have to miss out on Zelda and Burnout 4 :(

How can you put something like Kameo above Zelda? Blasphemy!

# Quake 4 (Activision)

Eric Hall

Originally Posted by Norse:

# Amped 3 (2K Games)
# Condemned (Sega)
# Full Auto (Sega)
# Gun (Activision)
# Madden NFL 06 (EA)
# NBA 2K6 (2K Games)
# NHL 2K6 (2K Games)
# The Outfit (THQ)
# Quake 4 (Activision)
# Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)
# Saints Row (THQ)
# Top Spin 2 (2K Games)

That's 21 games - MS has been saying 10-15 since E3. I doubt FFXI (From Microsoft not Square?!), Oblivior, Gun and one of either Kameo or PD0 will make it. The rest seem plausable.

Oblivion will make launch
GUN comes out for the other systems around the same time, so I expect it to launch or near launch
PD0 is THE big game for mainstream fans, it needs to make launch

I dont think Amped, Kameo, FFIX, and maybe even Top Spin will make launch

shpankey

not an idiot
My locks (so far)...

Call of Duty 2
Madden NFL 06
Project Gotham Racing 3
NBA Live 06

Either will rent, or maybe buys...

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Kameo: Elements of Power
NBA 2K6
NHL 2K6
Perfect Dark LE
Quake 4
Ridge Racer 6
Top Spin 2
Burnout Revenge
FIFA Soccer 06
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06

Lo-Volt

I hope Microsoft can give firm release dates into the first half of 2006 soon. This is getting hard to plan for you launch buyers.

Lo-Volt said:
I hope Microsoft can give firm release dates into the first half of 2006 soon. This is getting hard to plan for you launch buyers.

Totally agree. At this point its 6-7 titles without knowing which ones yet.

newsguy

A little pissed to hear NBA live won't launch till later. Gotta have Madden and COD 2, but PGR 3 is one of those must buy titles that I may have to rent :(

Shit forgot GRAW

Lo-Volt

But I'm skipping the launch. I'll get all of these by next March. Which makes it hard to choose anyway, there's too much to choose from the launch window stuff alone. :lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
ridge racer 6 and oblivion would make an excellent launch, as far as i'm concerned. i might tack on call of duty to round things out.

newsguy

Lo-Volt said:
But I'm skipping the launch. I'll get all of these by next March. Which makes it hard to choose anyway, there's too much to choose from the launch window stuff alone. :lol

Just pray it doesn't suffer the dropoff the PSP did. It had a great launch and it's been dry season since.

Lo-Volt

newsguy said:
Just pray it doesn't suffer the dropoff the PSP did. It had a great launch and it's been dry season since.

This is true. But I'm poor and not hardcore, so that's enough as is. :lol :)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
2k Games told me last week that Amped 3 would be late. Don't know if it's only for Europe or also for US though.

_Angelus_

Banned
Must buy no more than two games...must buy no more than two games:)

Oblivion and PGR3 it is.

That list....even if only half of those make it to launch is pretty damn slick.

newsguy

Blimblim said:
2k Games told me last week that Amped 3 would be late. Don't know if it's only for Europe or also for US though.

A great current gen vs. next gen comparison would be Amped 2 vs. Amped 3 IMO. Both @720p on a 720 native display, that would be great for a "real world" comparison.

I'll get Gotham 3 and Ridge Racer 6. Two racing games with probably a lot of depth to them but its the only ones that are more likely than not must-haves.

FightyF

Banned
newsguy said:

That's a good point.

I fear the same here...except that some launch titles will slip into early next year, and then there will be nothing much for the summer. So it should be bearable.

Plus, I can see so many more great titles here than for the PSP launch.

# Amped 3 (2K Games) MAYBE
# Call of Duty 2 (Activision) FO SHO!
# Condemned (Sega) MAYBE
# Dead Or Alive 4 (Tecmo) DEPENDS ON GAMEPLAY
# Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter FO SHO!
# Madden NFL 06 (EA) RENT
# NBA 2K6 (2K Games) RENT
# NHL 2K6 (2K Games) FO SHO!
# Perfect Dark LE (Microsoft) FO SHO!
# Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft) FO SHO!
# Ridge Racer 6 (Namco) FO SHO!
# Saints Row (THQ) RENT
# Top Spin 2 (2K Games) RENT

So that's around $300+ on games at launch. The rest I might depending on how I feel after rental.

newsguy

Tedesco! said:
NHL
Ghost Recon
Tiger Woo

All mine!

You might want to rent TW Golf first. I love to watch 360 vids and this one looks shit man. Maybe you could save $10 and get the current gen version.

IJoel

This is a case of a lot of very good games, but no killer app (though Oblivion and PGR3 for me are definite system sellers.)

# Amped 3 (2K Games) - Potential Buy
# Call of Duty 2 (Activision) - Definite Buy
# Condemned (Sega) - Need to see more
# Dead Or Alive 4 (Tecmo) - Definite Buy
# Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda) - Definite Buy
# Final Fantasy XI (Microsoft) - Definite Buy

# Full Auto (Sega) - Need to see more
# Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Potential Buy
# Gun (Activision) - GO AWAY CHEAP XBOX PORT!
# Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft) - Potential Buy
# Madden NFL 06 (EA) - Potential Buy
# NBA 2K6 (2K Games)
# NHL 2K6 (2K Games)
# The Outfit (THQ) - Need to see more
# Perfect Dark LE (Microsoft) - Definite Buy
# Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft) - Definite Buy

# Quake 4 (Activision) - Potential Buy
# Ridge Racer 6 (Namco) - Need to see more
# Saints Row (THQ) - Need to see more
# Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision) - GO AWAY CHEAP XBOX PORT
# Top Spin 2 (2K Games) - Definite Buy

Damn... that's a lot of games I want. :(

_Angelus_

Banned
I've got two friends who may buy a X360. They haven't pre ordered but they'll more than likely be in a Best Buy line at the last minute. Thats going to work out quite well,especially with the games costing 60 dollars now.

Speevy

Banned
I'd buy Oblivion, Kameo, and Top Spin. Possibly another one, and rent the rest. But then again, I'm not buying the system at launch. How much does it cost to rent systems? :p

Mashing

Hmm, Kameo and Oblivion would be my two buys. I'll probalby not buy a X360 at launch but with that said I'll probalby break down and do it anyway... I say the same thing every year and I always end up buying them at launch. Especially since PS3, Rev and X360 are spaced far enough apart as to not put me in the poor house if I bought all 3.

trmas

Banned
No way Ridge Racer is available at launch - that is a pipe dream. Maybe half of those games will be available at launch. That is the "launch window" list... what a stupid term

Also, PD0 will not make launch. I mean, it has a long way to go to just be an acceptable next-gen game.

Mrbob

trmas said:
No way Ridge Racer is available at launch - that is a pipe dream. Maybe half of those games will be available at launch. That is the "launch window" list... what a stupid term

Also, PD0 will not make launch. I mean, it has a long way to go to just be an acceptable next-gen game.

cleo6.jpg

?

newsguy

trmas said:

From the article:

Microsoft representatives officially re-confirmed with IGN today Rare titles Perfect Dark and Kameo would definitely launch day and date with the system, echoing Vice President Peter Moore's comments prior to E3.

PG2G

trmas said:

Didn't Namco just say it would make launch a week ago?

Mashing

trmas said:

You're right about PD0 but not for the reason you stated. It won't be a launch title because Rare is making it. Have they ever had a title ready at launch?

Edit: how many times has a developer said so and so game will be a launch title and then it inetiviablly gets delayed? I'll believe it when I see it on store shelves at launch, not before then.

I pre-ordered my Xbox 360 at the local EBGames today...They told me I'd be able to get one if I pre-ordered now I launch day, so I'm holding them to their word. Starting to think about which games I'm actually going to get.

In the running is...

Norse said:
Call of Duty 2 (Activision)
Condemned (Sega)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda)
Perfect Dark Zero (Microsoft)
Burnout Revenge (EA)
Frame City Killer (Namco)

Put me down for GRAW, RR6, PGR3 (only if 60fps), and lots of renting (2 free per month, plus probably a couple more each month). I might buy a few more but only after renting.

trmas said:

This quote will go badly for you.

Zeo

Banned
Man, you guys sure let the hype get to you.

I'M DEFINITELY GETTING THE FOLLOWING GAMES:

(list here)

Except you barely know about them. :\ PDZ? How is that a must buy yet? We know little to nothing about it.

newsguy

Zeo said:
(list here)

Except you barely know about them. :\ PDZ? How is that a must buy yet? We know little to nothing about it.

What? We may not know what the single player campaign will be like, but there's been tons of stuff released about multiplayer.

trmas

Banned
I hope PD0 doesn't make launch, because it looks like ass currently. If Ridge Racer made launch that would be interesting, considering we haven't seen ANYTHING for the game but some beautiful car renders on a black background.

PG2G

Yeah, I know people say dates all the time and there is a good chance that they'll slip. But I can't predict the future and neither can anyone here, so all we have to go by is what they are planning. The plan for Ridge Racer seems to be launch. Maybe we should wait until X05, where we can get a better idea of how far along these games really are.

Tedesco!

newsguy said:
You might want to rent TW Golf first. I love to watch 360 vids and this one looks shit man. Maybe you could save $10 and get the current gen version.

You know, it won't even matter if the XBOX 360 is over-priced. I just won't buy them.

Top Bottom