• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 launch lineup?

DCX

DCX
PhatSaqs said:
3 months from launch and still no official screens from Madden is fuckin with my brain...

I'd probably pick it up for Kameo alone at this point as the game looks fun to me.
Madden is going to stay hidden until the season opener. Just a hunch.

DCX

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Because most of the games listed are just updated current gen games or "sequels." Sequels to series i dont care about in the slightest. I only sort of like RR and the last PGR i played was the DC one. I'm not a sports gamer. Dead or alive is a shitty series. Kameo looks like more rare garbage, and same with PD0.

It's just a really boring list of games.

crunker99

I think now instead of 4 control pads im going to have to get just 2 and get another 2 games... so many i want to try out, sheesh there goes $1000 bucks just on games!

I love launch time! So exciting! Im a dork btw.

DCX

DCX
....fair enough, but to be perfectly honest...original titles are going to be few and far between...especially next gen when it's going to cost more to make games, devs are going to risk very little...

DCX

sprsk

DCX said:
....fair enough, but to be perfectly honest...original titles are going to be few and far between...especially next gen when it's going to cost more to make games, devs are going to risk very little...

DCX

yes well, not to play the japan card or anything, but it seems like thats where all the interesting new "franchises" are coming from.

????????? sequals??????? no likey?????
arguably the best games this gen:
RE:4
MGS3
METROID
HALO 2

sequals.... check

did you not play any games this gen??

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I'm glad there's nothing there that screams BUY ME! to me. Should be pretty easy to hold out until the PS3 releases (or if there isn't a price drop then, which would surprise me, until whenever there's a price drop).

sprsk

truffleshuffle83 said:
????????? sequals??????? no likey?????
arguably the best games this gen:
RE:4
MGS3
METROID
HALO 2

sequals.... check

did you not play any games this gen??

I'm not saying sequels suck

but sequels arent going to get me to pay 400 dollars. Especially sequels to games i dont give a shit about.

Xellotah

DCX said:

DCX

Most of original games recently ( aka pikmin, katamari etc ) don't seem to rely on "expensive" graphics. Its only the mega sequels, where you need the shinier graphics.

DCX

DCX
You must be hard to please Sporks. I understand though. I loved Dreamcast becuase it gave us fresh ideas and concepts. They took risks to please thier fans and of course the industry shafted them for it. Chu Chu Rocket, Space Channel 5, Samba, Typing of the Dead, Seaman, Rez, Super Magnetic Neo, Toy Commander, Fur Fighters...i mean the list goes on...if this gen had these games...i think alot of people would jump on board quicker.

DCX

Razoric

Banned
Decent launch line up although I really do hope PS3 has a better one. *crosses fingers for GTA4* :)

I dunno, I'm kinda with sporks on this one. PC ports, racing games and Rare games. :\ Those Mistwalker RPGs will be the make or break for me.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
DCX said:

DCX

Bring on the Tomb Raiders!

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
sp0rsk said:
yes well, not to play the japan card or anything, but it seems like thats where all the interesting new "franchises" are coming from.

oh brother .... here we go again ....

It seems like half the people complaining about how "boring" a launch lineup it is can't wait for the next Final Fantasy / Metal Gear Solid / Japanese fighting game / whatever game to come out.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Nerevar said:

It seems like half the people complaining about how "boring" a launch lineup it is can't wait for the next Final Fantasy / Metal Gear Solid / Japanese fighting game / whatever game to come out.
:lol

Razoric

Banned
Nerevar said:

Uh a new Final Fantasy / Metal Gear Solid >>>>> a bunch of first person shooters, racing game sequels and any game Rare would ever make

Nerevar

Razoric said:
Uh a new Final Fantasy / Metal Gear Solid >>>>> a bunch of first person shooters, racing game sequels and any game Rare would ever make

because your opinion = fact!

I'm glad we straightened that out.

Ponn

Banned
Nerevar said:

Uh..yes because they (including me) basically say the console FPS'es and racing games just don't look that appealing. So of course all those titles you just listed WOULD look appealing to us, no? It's called prefrence in taste. Honestly if people were a pure bred X-bot this gen and never owned a PS2 then I would say this launch will probably look pretty good too you. If you just never cared for the FPS on the original Xbox or most of the exclusives they did have then it probably won't look too appealing. To those (like me) that had a Xbox only to have the better multi-platform games then we are having a real tough time justifying a purchase of the Xbox 360 at all.

Nerevar

Ponn01 said:
Uh..yes because they (including me) basically say the console FPS'es and racing games just don't look that appealing. So of course all those titles you just listed WOULD look appealing to us, no? It's called prefrence in taste. Honestly if people were a pure bred X-bot this gen and never owned a PS2 then I would say this launch will probably look pretty good too you. If you just never cared for the FPS on the original Xbox or most of the exclusives they did have then it probably won't look too appealing. To those (like me) that had a Xbox only to have the better multi-platform games then we are having a real tough time justifying a purchase of the Xbox 360 at all.

Hey man, whatever floats your boat. Just don't start bitching about how the xbox 360 launch is "nothing but sequels" and then wet your pants in anticipation of the next "derivative RPG / action / fighting" game coming out in Japan.

edit: notice if you read my original post the response was more directed towards the whole "original content only comes out of Japan" comment, not towards people complaining about the xbox launch in general.

Ponn

Banned
Nerevar said:
Hey man, whatever floats your boat. Just don't start bitching about how the xbox 360 launch is "nothing but sequels" and then wet your pants in anticipation of the next "derivative RPG / action / fighting" game coming out in Japan.

edit: notice if you read my original post the response was more directed towards the whole "original content only comes out of Japan" comment, not towards people complaining about the xbox launch in general.

The problem is you're making a generalization that everyone saying the Launch Lineup is boring is saying it's over just sequels and not what they are sequels of. I think it's been stated multiple times it's either FPS'es, Sports Games or Racing Games. In fact if you are referring to Sporsk's post then you left out the most important second half of his sentence which was...

Sequels to series i dont care about in the slightest.

Edit:

Again, that is still a prefrence in taste. Look at the majority of "original" content that comes out of the West compared to that which comes out of Japan and you will see a stark difference between the two. I think it would be fair to say that if you are a fan of Sports or FPS'es then you would be a fan of the "original content" coming out of the West more so then the quirky "original content" coming out of Japan like Katamari, Meteos, Lumines, that cheerleading game, etc. Heck you could even look at the difference in the RPG's that come out of the West compared to the ones coming out of Japan. If you don't think there is a difference then just look at the sales of Xbox in Japan for your answer and the fact that MS is trying really hard to court more Japanese developers for the Xbox.

KingJ2002

hot damn... all those games.

What happened to releasing a couple of good games and a landslide of garbage to make choices easier.

:lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Mama Smurf.. you not even tempted simply from the 'new console' point of view?

I loved PGR2 and therefore PGR3 on its own is enough for me to be there at launch. Yes you pay a premium, but you also get the benefit of the buzz at a new console. And I know I'd buy it eventually anyway, so why not straight off?

As for the other games, I might get RR6, but I'm curious what Namco's plans are for the PS3 version. I don't want to buy 2, so I'll only get the 360 version if I'm happy it'll be basically the same.

and Ghost Recon. Never played one before and they are supposed to be good, so I'll cut my teeth on this one.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
mrklaw said:
Mama Smurf.. you not even tempted simply from the 'new console' point of view?

I loved PGR2 and therefore PGR3 on its own is enough for me to be there at launch. Yes you pay a premium, but you also get the benefit of the buzz at a new console. And I know I'd buy it eventually anyway, so why not straight off?

No, I've never bought a console simply because it's new, and I doubt I ever will unless I inherit a load of cash sometime soon. The only reason I'd buy a console at launch is that there are games I simply can't resist, or if games are coming up soon that I know I'll want and I can get a good launch deal (that only applies if those games I really want are likely to come before a price drop does).

As for why not straight away, I save money (on the games as well as I can probably get some second hand by the time I pick it up) and hopefully avoid issues with inital systems that so often crop up.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff

Ive never bought a console at launch and I dont think that will change at all with Xbox360 or any other next gen console. I might be missing out on the buzz and all the talk, but if I know I can buy it later for a much cheaper price I should do it them. If i do end up buying Xbox360, it will only be for a couple obn games from this gen and next. So far, only a couple of games have interested me, but from all of those only PGR3 is coming out at launch. Gears of war looks fucking amazing too, but Im not too sure when that will come out. I would have been really tempted to go and buy one if PES5 and SC4 came out, but so far Im not even sure if PES5 will be on Xbox360 and we have hardly any info about Splinter Cell.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Highlighted is what I am intrested in:

# Amped 3 (2K Games)
# Call of Duty 2 (Activision)
# Condemned (Sega)(after that new video)
# Dead Or Alive 4 (Tecmo)
# Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda)(might get this)
# Final Fantasy XI (Microsoft)
# Full Auto (Sega)
# Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
# Gun (Activision)
# Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft)
# Madden NFL 06 (EA)
# NBA 2K6 (2K Games)
# NHL 2K6 (2K Games)
# The Outfit (THQ)(just to support bishoptl)
# Perfect Dark LE (Microsoft)
# Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft)
# Quake 4 (Activision)
# Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)

# Saints Row (THQ)
# Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)
# Top Spin 2 (2K Games)

That is at least $350 worth of games......Xbux Three $ixty indeed....

Top Bottom