• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Bethesda Developer Direct 25th January (8pm UK / 3pm ET / 12pm PT)

Umm, just wanna see Minecraft legends.

Will go blind into Redfall. Have already seen a lot of footage. It's Arkane so not concerned.

DaGwaphics

Looking forward to a deep dive of Forza and Redfall, even though Forza is one of those games that I will download to look at more than play. I prefer more arcade style racers.

Yeah, even when Bethesda still where third party the Bethesda games where all coming to Xbox, so there was no need for MS to buy Bethesda.
Same is also true for Activision Blizzard, all does games where coming to Xbox anyway...Let that sink in......

All I’m saying is without Bethesda as it stands their first party stuff would be thinner so far, so it’s a good job they bought them

Chukhopops

Yeah, even when Bethesda still where third party the Bethesda games where all coming to Xbox, so there was no need for MS to buy Bethesda.
Same is also true for Activision Blizzard, all does games where coming to Xbox anyway...Let that sink in......
They were coming after a one year exclusivity period on PS5 though since Sony moneyhatted both next-gen Bethesda releases. I’m guessing this played a part in MS’ decision.

They were coming after a one year exclusivity period on PS5 though since Sony moneyhatted both next-gen Bethesda releases. I’m guessing this played a part in MS’ decision.
Yeah, so your saying that Sony would "moneyhatting" all Bethesda games for a year.
MS could also got does two games exclusive for MS for a year but they didn't. You know why?
MS knew that they would buy Bethesda so they did not care about it. They knew that all Bethesda games in the future would be exclusive for Xbox.

Last edited:

Del_X

Good to see. Microsoft needs to control the narrative and do this stuff as often as needed. Really sick of everything revolving around e3 and Keighley & Kojima’s Commercial Break™️.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Yeah, so your saying that Sony would "moneyhatting" all Bethesda games for a year.
MS could also got does two games exclusive for MS for a year but they didn't. You know why?
MS knew that they would buy Bethesda so they did not care about it. They knew that all Bethesda games in the future would be exclusive for Xbox.
There was a rumor that Sony was trying to get Starfield as well.

yurinka

The starfield e3 2023 show case, where they will announce the release date of 11/11/23!!
It would be nice to release the sequel in 11/22/33, nice number

There was a rumor that Sony was trying to get Starfield as well.
As I remember the rumor was that Starfield was being developed as a multiplatform game and that Sony was negotiating a timed console exclusive before MS joined the party and bought them.

Last edited:

Aion002

State of Decay 3 when?

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Hopefully february game pass announcements will be interesting.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

It would be nice to release the sequel in 11/22/33, nice number

As I remember the rumor was that Starfield was being developed as a multiplatform game and that Sony was negotiating a timed console exclusive before MS joined the party and bought them.
Yes, that was the rumor exactly.

kiphalfton

Ah yes, minecraft.

pleasebeexcited.gif

If that slide is indicative of all the stuff they're going to show, this is just sad (considering how many studios are under their belt).

Go for the low hanging fruit. Where the heck is Wolfenstein III, Doom III, Dishonored III, etc.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Hopefully we get a REDFALL release date and that it isn't far enough; I mean it really can't be if they aren't trying to just stuff blow through content in the first half of the year. Would also love to see more of the FAR CRY inspiration from the developer interview a few days ago.

Go for the low hanging fruit. Where the heck is Wolfenstein III, Doom III, Dishonored III, etc.

Xbox and Bethesda will present a Developer_Direct on Wednesday, January 25, providing fans with an inside look at some of the games coming to Xbox, PC and Game Pass over the next few months.

. . .those games are years away, if they are coming at all (WOLF and DOOM seem like sure things). This honestly feels like a "State of Play" of - as you say - "low hanging fruit" wrapped around the primary core of REDFALL, inarguably the next big AAA release from MS.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Update to ESO, huge game with massive MAU.
New Forza , fantastic racing game.
Spin off to one of the biggest games on the world.
Redfall, from Arkane. Enough said.

Sure if none of these interest you then fair enough. Maybe get a new hobby. Something for everyone imo.
No Idea Shrug GIF by G2 Esports

Updates to old games, and more exposure to games that look rather dull. I'm just stating the obvious. Obviously won't watch it.

kiphalfton

No Idea Shrug GIF by G2 Esports

Updates to old games, and more exposure to games that look rather dull. I'm just stating the obvious. Obviously won't watch it.

LMAO.

Forza is literally a yearly release (cycling between Horizon, Motorsport, etc.). Which is why I don't understand those people who act like it's that big of a game changer.

And then there's however many ESO games, but no news regarding ESVI. That ain't right.

The stuff that is being announced is good, but it's not what people are expecting after all thos time.

Last edited:

Jaybe

Would have been nice if they reiterated that Starfield is a first-half of 2023 release in that one-liner… now delay rumours will run rampant

kiphalfton

The last Motorsport release was 2017.........
There has been a yearly Forza release from 2011 to 2018, alternating between Motorsport and Horizon. And then another Horizon game between then and now, and another Motorsport game on the horizon (no pun intended).

This series has 7 Motorsport entries and 5 Horizon entries.

Big fucking whoop that the last Motorsport game was in 2017, when there's so many of them.

clarky

Gold Member
There has been a yearly Forza release from 2011 to 2018, alternating between Motorsport and Horizon. And then another Horizon game between then and now, and another Motorsport game on the horizon (no pun intended).

Big fucking whoop that the last Motorsport game was in 2017, when there's so many of them.
Theres not been a new entry in the mainline forza game for 6 years so yeah looking forward to it.

Obviously its not Gran Turismo so we cant be excited for it.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
One thing I missed in that OP is that "MINECRAFT LEGENDS" (I read it as "MINECRAFT DUNGEONS" - which isn't a bad game) is being developed by BLACKBIRD, who are also doing HW3 and released the incredible HARDSPACE: SHIPBREAKER (basically "Job Simulator: In Space"). I. . .am cautiously interested in how what they are going to do for their take on MC because HS:SB shows that this is a studio that can damn sure put some game systems together.

Would have been nice if they reiterated that Starfield is a first-half of 2023 release in that one-liner… now delay rumours will run rampant

. . .come on, they've already said a bespoke presentation is coming (which is crazy because the last one was already a pretty big presentation).

Nautilus

Banned
Or they could have shared updates on four Third Person action games indeed. It would have been much more interesting without a doubt.
MS has so many studios now, and so many recognizable IP that while yeah, they need time to get their shit together and have everything working in harmony, it has been so long since an ACTUAL good first party game release, or an actual, meaty showing of an interesting game, that patience is running dry.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Your argument of being nearly a yearly cycle then say we haven't had a Motorsports title since 2017?

NElD0GP.jpg

Punished Miku

Gold Member
One thing I missed in that OP is that "MINECRAFT LEGENDS" (I read it as "MINECRAFT DUNGEONS" - which isn't a bad game) is being developed by BLACKBIRD, who are also doing HW3 and released the incredible HARDSPACE: SHIPBREAKER (basically "Job Simulator: In Space"). I. . .am cautiously interested in how what they are going to do for their take on MC because HS:SB shows that this is a studio that can damn sure put some game systems together.

. . .come on, they've already said a bespoke presentation is coming (which is crazy because the last one was already a pretty big presentation).
Didn't know that. I'm definitely more interested in any MC spin-off as opposed to the main game. Hardspace is definitely interesting.

Top Bottom