• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Bethesda Developer Direct 25th January (8pm UK / 3pm ET / 12pm PT)

vj27

Banned
Man I really hope the new forza is splitscreen like the last one. I used to treat these games like madden because it was fun to race an compete against friends irl.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
What is a starfield?
go away gtfo GIF

;)

Last edited:
Did they just low-key give a release window for Forza Motorsport? All these games are coming in "the next few months", which I take it to be I'll be playing the new Motorsport game in April (at the latest). I was honestly expecting it to be closer to late Spring/early Summer at best.

There has been a yearly Forza release from 2011 to 2018, alternating between Motorsport and Horizon. And then another Horizon game between then and now, and another Motorsport game on the horizon (no pun intended).

This series has 7 Motorsport entries and 5 Horizon entries.

Big fucking whoop that the last Motorsport game was in 2017, when there's so many of them.
LMFAO! You incorrectly criticized Forza Motorsport for being a yearly release, and then moved the goal post to a release after six years is equally not a big deal. I think we all know you hate Forza Motorsport and probably will never play it. But this is potentially the biggest console racing release of the generation.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It's like Fortnite, most people here don't give a shit but it's one of the biggest things in gaming 🤷‍♂️

So, me and the Mrs were away for a night out yesterday for her birthday. My son is 16, he goes to the gym, he is a typical teenager and a real good kid...I'm super proud of him. He asked if he could have two mates around while we are away. I was cool with that.

Got back today, house is mint...I checked the Ring cameras and all was good. Two friends come around, all being nice with my dog etc.....

so, I asked him today what they did as theres three of my xbox controllers on the table in the front room.....

...."we played minecraft all night"...that's when i realised how big minecraft still is.....

....and that my son is probably a pot head!

Orbital2060

What is a starfield?
It may refer simply to a field of stars 😉

NASA and astrophysicists use the term to determine a particular area of the sky to research by taking a bunch of images with a telescope like the Hubble or James Webb.

Which you can then put together to create an image of the whole field.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Deep_Field

5MIFfl1.jpg

This field is in the Ursamajor constellations of stars, and covers about a 1/24-millionth area of the view around us.

James Webb is a 100 times more powerful than Hubble.

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/hubble-vs-webb-on-the-shoulders-of-a-giant/

Last edited:

PuffyCan

If we get Starfield, Forza and Redfall before the summer, what heavy hitters can we expect for after the summer then?

I'm hoping for Hellblade II and one more. Could be Avowed, State of decay 3 or that project the coalition is working on that's not gears. Guess we'll have to wait for E3 to find out.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
There has been a yearly Forza release from 2011 to 2018, alternating between Motorsport and Horizon. And then another Horizon game between then and now, and another Motorsport game on the horizon (no pun intended).

This series has 7 Motorsport entries and 5 Horizon entries.

Big fucking whoop that the last Motorsport game was in 2017, when there's so many of them.
When one thinks they’re keeping it real, but it goes wrong.

keep-it-real-keep-it100.gif

reksveks

If we get Starfield, Forza and Redfall before the summer, what heavy hitters can we expect for after the summer then?
Think it will be Hellblade 2 and then some smaller games. I think we see a one or two of the XGS published games, maybe just me hoping for Stoic's game.

There was a rumor that Sony was trying to get Starfield as well.
Yeah, a "rumor". When you strongly believe in "rumors" they must be true...right?
I dont believe in rumors, they'r is a rumor that the PS5 is leaking when it stands vertical. That was fake. You know what is real?

That the leaders and some staff of Playground studios (Forza) has left MS and are building a new AAA studio (Maverick games) to get creative freedom and make theyr own games. Thats not a rumor but a fact.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So guys, what we guessing for release dates?

If we get these three games in the first 6 months I imagine that would be one hell of a first party release.

Hopefully if we get another 2 or 3 bangers in second half then that would be the greatest release year for MS?

Looking forward to this. Really curious to see what they’ve been working on for this long with Forza - got a feeling that’s going to be something special.

As excited for the Gamepass info as anything though.

cireza

MS has so many studios now, and so many recognizable IP that while yeah, they need time to get their shit together and have everything working in harmony, it has been so long since an ACTUAL good first party game release, or an actual, meaty showing of an interesting game, that patience is running dry.
I play on Xbox and my patience is fine. Do you even play on Xbox ?

johnjohn

MS has so many studios now, and so many recognizable IP that while yeah, they need time to get their shit together and have everything working in harmony, it has been so long since an ACTUAL good first party game release, or an actual, meaty showing of an interesting game, that patience is running dry.
Do you know what thread you're in? They literally just announced a showcase where they'll give you a meaty showing of a bunch of games coming out soon...

Last edited:
ESO seriously lmao

You realize a shit ton of people play that game, right? I'll never understand why people don't understand MMOs or Live Service games in general, tend to have major expansion packs that are considered major new releases. Elder Scrolls Online New Expansion Packs are released at the start of each new year generally.

Are people forgetting Bethesda is now part of Xbox, and Elder Scrolls Online is one of their biggest properties? This means anything new from Elder Scrolls Online will be relevant to a Bethesda showcase.

samoilaaa

the show will be 45 min , i really hope that redfall will be 20 min+ to show all kinds of paths we can follow and all kinds of ways to kill the vampires

Jaybe

Release dates for Redfall and Forza are what I’m looking for. I’ll be playing them on Game Pass any way, so it’s not like I require any convincing. Hopefully they are provided at this show.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Hope we get some Forza pc footage personally. Want to see what RT settings that they have for the big boy GPU's.

Yup this would be amazing. Hope they have some real nvidia rtx but maybe due to amd gpus in console they'll pass up.

I just want an amazing console and pc version that I can use my wheel on. Just bought a shifter too in expectation of it.

Nautilus

Banned
so what ur saying is that people shouldnt be excited for spider man 2 direct either because its just a sequel right ?
What I am saying is that I think this is a meh show, regardless of what other people think, and I expected more out of it.

I thought that was implicit that any comment that doesn't have actual, provable facts is by extention an opinion. And that I am allowed to express my opinion, even if people think it is full of shit.

Top Bottom