• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Bethesda Showcase June 12th

SkylineRKR

1000 planets, probably lots with nothing to do, others with copy paste compounds or just some minerals etc. I liked it about ME1, actually. Gave it more freedom, even though lots of them were useless.

Sephimoth

Starfield looks good, im sure it'll be a hit. But show overall was unbelievably weak IMO, especially for a company that owns so many studios.

It sounds impressive and very vast, but the problem with Bethesda and their big games, they always come with many bugs. This looks like it has a more going on with it than any other of their previous games. With their previous record with bugs, I don't trust that the game will come out early next year or that it will come out smooth.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Oh god. TODD HOWARD. You ALMOST made it through the presentation without putting your foot in it. The "thousands of planets. . ." bit is going to come back and haunt. For. Sure.

Still that was a good look; can now memory hole the game for the next year or whenever they get around to releasing.

DonJorginho

Banned
7/10 show for me, the key announcements delivered for me and there were enough smaller games that intrigued me that are now on my wishlist.

Just wish we spent less time in some of those boring games in the middle section and wish we had more than a cocktease from Kojima.

SantaC

What happend to Machine Games? 1.5 years ago since the indiana teaser and now nothing.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Starfield looks good. Diablo 4 looks great. Hopefully the Team Ninja game is good. Redfall looks middling honestly. I expected better visuals and combat. It somehow looks worse than Dishonored 2 to me.

Last edited:

Null Persp

file_179255.webp

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Wow. Just wow. I cant believe I took so much shit from gaf for just saying Starfield wouldve been a GOTY contender. If this isnt a goty contender i dont know what is.

I am blown away tbh. The outdoor environments look incredible. The city looks mostly cross gen but this is a bethesda game after all. The rest looks absolutely incredible. Space combat is amazing. If Bethesda can get to this level of graphical fidelity using the creation engine, imagine what other studios can do.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

I give it a B. Starfield failed to win me over - looks unpolished and the content will definitely be bland and repetitive.

Diablo IV, Benedict were the only things that stroke my fancy. I would have added Ark 2, but we've yet to see the damn game.

clarky

Banned
I rate the show a B.

Some decent showings all coming with 12 months.

D4, Redfall and Forza. what's not to love?

Id be surprised if Starfield makes Q2 tho.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
1000 planets + think of what the mods are going to do for Starfield 0_0 Its going to be a modders dream game.

AS for the show, its a hard F. Starfield impressed, but it should of been its own little presentation not attached to this. MS wasted my time and presented a bunch of junk, hoping quantity would make up for quality. Just a giant waste of time and money by them.

Last edited:

MikeM

Between Diablo 4, Starfield and Forza… literally no more room for any other game.

I sincerely hope Starfield and Diablo are 60fps.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
B+ show...would be an A for me if they woulda shown more hellblade or project Mara. Ninja Theory is a no show...t

SkylineRKR

It sounds impressive and very vast, but the problem with Bethesda and their big games, they always come with many bugs. This looks like it has a more going on with it than any other of their previous games. With their previous record with bugs, I don't trust that the game will come out early next year or that it will come out smooth.

The combat did look janky, but most huge games suffer from it. Its kind of okay ish if the immersion and RPG elements are solid.

j0hnnix

The games got me.

Kojima's face
Red Fall
Plagues Tale 2
Wo Long
Flintlock
Stanfield
D4
OW2
Blizzard games not coming to gamepass like wtf..

b0uncyfr0

That's a solid 6/10 for me.

Too many bloody indie looking games. i wanted more triple A's (especially the ones they're working on)

ZehDon

Scorn.
Forza Motorsport.
Lightyear Frontiers.
Diablo IV.
Starfield.
Minecraft legends.

All in the next twelve months. That's a pretty decent line up, plus all of the extra games that I can play on Gamepass that might not have impressed today, but might tickle my fancy none-the-less.

Top Bottom