• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Event For Series S/X Leaks Online.

Rossco EZ

How do things like that even leak?

Also sorry for my ignorance, but is there any exclusive Xbox Series X gameplay in those 3 videos I can skip to?
they are mainly talking about features, in part 3 around the 3 minute mark they talk about dolby vision and atmos for the consoles if that’s something you are interested in.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I doubt that this is new because he said "Scarllet"

But I DO LIKE the talk about better fps : )

Just watched some of it and have a few notes:

• The leaked reveal was better, the official announce stream was just boring
  • Xbox Series S has x4 processing power of the Xbox One X
  • They have one XDK that allows developers to build for all platforms simultaneously which Phil highlighted in part 1.
All in all, they way it happened is better than the way they had planned and i'm sure they agree although probably disappointed their work was done for them.

Xbox Series S & Xbox One X comparison.

Last edited:
I doubt that this is new because he said "Scarllet"

But I DO LIKE the talk about better fps : )
Yea the saying of Scallet makes you wonder if they had this made but then said fck it and now it’s leaked lol
After watching all of them it looks like this was suppose to be the original plan for next week but then all the leaks happened last weekend.

Last edited:

GHG

It's better that it happened like this instead of the streaming of this video being announced and hyped up.

(if it was meant to happen like that)

iJudged

Banned
Well my day just got a little better. It's been dry, people! We are starved for new info/content on both sides.

Reactions: Isa

chonga

So i think this was an event Xbox was going to do that would of revealed the Series S but the leak happened, has info about both consoles and features.
I don't think this is what was planned as it seems targeted towards the media and not the end user. That's why it is a load of boring interviews and not short punchy segments. And they never address the end user which is how you'd typically talk if you're revealing to them.

A lot of the comments in the videos are also what ended up being written in articles too.

It is probably how the original leak happened in the first place someone in the media not caring about NDA.

Ya know, it almost looks as though a ton of people in here never heard about financing purchases until it became available for a product they hate on.

Get your eyes off peoples pockets, kids.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Ya know, it almost looks as though a ton of people in here never heard about financing purchases until it became available for a product they hate on.

Get your eyes off peoples pockets, kids.

I don't hate X-Box at all.

And y'know, I've recently realized just how prevalent console wars are, so I almost don't blame you for jumping to that conclusion. It does seem like I am picking on Microsoft, when people finance arguably superfluous things all the time. Still, I find it silly, generally speaking, and it is relevant to the new consoles, thus the reason I am picking on it here.

But I'll backtrack a little. Maybe for a kid who earns a monthly allowance, it could make sense. Still seems like an unwise investment to me, but I'm sure it has a good place.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

How do things like that even leak?

Also sorry for my ignorance, but is there any exclusive Xbox Series X gameplay in those 3 videos I can skip to?
Same way movies do. It’s a virtual event so it’s stored online somewhere. Doesn’t take much for someone to send it to someone else.

I still think we were supposed to hear something else. Last Wednesday some Microsoft guy said “it’s only Wednesday this week stay tuned”. Then nothing?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Isn't it sort of silly to pay for a console $25 at a time? It just seems like you can't afford it at that point.
No it's not. It's zero interest and almost a no brainier. Even if you can afford to buy it outright, why not spread that financial impact across 2 years instead of all at once?

Even though I will probably buy it outright and would have no issue doing so, I will probably explore this as an option.

Zok310

Banned
So scripted the way they talked, sounds like they dont care they just want your money. Always get devs/engineers to talk about your console and their games, dont use corporate executives cause they just come off as fake and rehearsed.

Seems to me MS is not interested in leading the industry by doing what they want to do, they rather build a console around what forum and bloggers want.
Imagine if Apple and Nintendo listened to people online vs doing their own thing.

These people are like robots......."hey phil, play halo 1"

Isa

Interesting that these vids were intended for Journalists only. The public would only get that little trailer revealing the price and date then? I wonder how many "Journalists" would actually understand the content therein such as the technical jargon. I personally was planning on skipping the SX at launch but that payment program isn't bad, and 500 isn't a bad price at all for the power and potential future lineup. I may not be sold on their future games but InXile have my attention with Wasteland 3. If they can do so much on Unity with a fairly small budget I could only imagine what they could achieve with greater funding. Great purchase from MS.

Phil explains why its called Scarlett. Scarlett isn't a device. Its the entire Gen of products and services.
It’s Services that’s why they want to be on PlayStation and Apple products too I don’t know if android is also targeted but I would assume so also

Rossco EZ

I don't think this is what was planned as it seems targeted towards the media and not the end user. That's why it is a load of boring interviews and not short punchy segments. And they never address the end user which is how you'd typically talk if you're revealing to them.

A lot of the comments in the videos are also what ended up being written in articles too.

It is probably how the original leak happened in the first place someone in the media not caring about NDA.
did you even watch any of the videos? phil basically talks about the vision going forward and mentions launching two consoles and then at the end of part one says “so let’s take a look at series s” this was the planned event that would of gave people more info and revealed the other console.

Journey

Banned
I don't hate X-Box at all.

And y'know, I've recently realized just how prevalent console wars are, so I almost don't blame you for jumping to that conclusion. It does seem like I am picking on Microsoft, when people finance arguably superfluous things all the time. Still, I find it silly, generally speaking, and it is relevant to the new consoles, thus the reason I am picking on it here.

But I'll backtrack a little. Maybe for a kid who earns a monthly allowance, it could make sense. Still seems like an unwise investment to me, but I'm sure it has a good place.

How is it “Unwise” when there’s 0% interest and at the end you save $59 for Series X + GamePass as opposed to paying up front?

chonga

did you even watch any of the videos? phil basically talks about the vision going forward and mentions launching two consoles and then at the end of part one says “so let’s take a look at series s” this was the planned event that would of gave people more info and revealed the other console.
Did you even read what I said?

Just because he talks about the console doesn't mean this event was for the public.

And I have been proven right. Major Nelson has tweeted that the video was for journalists and the press.

Apology please.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
No it's not. It's zero interest and almost a no brainier. Even if you can afford to buy it outright, why not spread that financial impact across 2 years instead of all at once?

Even though I will probably buy it outright and would have no issue doing so, I will probably explore this as an option.

Good point that it is zero interest. I suppose a savvy saver could keep the money in the bank while the interest grows off that extra $300, but we're practically talking pennies in that sense. That and instant gratification are the only positives I see.

One negative aspect is that you are putting money into a premium entertainment device, which you can't afford outright, in a time of great financial instability. That's sort of the selling point, but it doesn't seem like a wise investment to me. There's also the caveat that comes with all financed purchases in that you are putting wear and tear into something that you haven't paid off, which is less than ideal. It sort of adds insult to injury when you think about how often the first wave of consoles have issues - red rings on 360 or super loud fans on PS4 Pro. Those are common symptoms of being an early adopter, but they are exacerbated when you are stretching yourself to get there.
Those are my reasons for thinking it 's a poor investment, and far from a "no brainer", but I'll concede that people can do whatever they want with the money they earn.

Last edited:

tryDEATH

This is the footage of a canceled event. Looking forward to see what they got for the new event some of the MS Dev talked about.

Rossco EZ

Did you even read what I said?

Just because he talks about the console doesn't mean this event was for the public.

And I have been proven right. Major Nelson has tweeted that the video was for journalists and the press.

Apology please.
apologies didn’t see your mention of media

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Good point that it is zero interest. I suppose a savvy saver could keep the money in the bank while the interest grows off that extra $300, but we're practically talking pennies in that sense. That and instant gratification are the only positives I see.

One negative aspect is that you are putting money into a premium entertainment device, which you can't afford outright, in a time of great financial instability. That's sort of the selling point, but it doesn't seem like a wise investment to me. There's also the caveat that comes with all financed purchases in that you are putting wear and tear into something that you haven't paid off, which is less than ideal. It sort of adds insult to injury when you think about how often the first wave of consoles have issues - red rings on 360 or super loud fans on PS4 Pro. Those are common symptoms of being an early adopter, but they are exacerbated when you are stretching yourself to get there.
Those are my reasons for thinking it 's a poor investment, and far from a "no brainer", but I'll concede that people can do whatever they want with the money they earn.
If you can't afford an extra $25 dollars a month, you have much bigger problems to worry about. Many people sadly live paycheck to paycheck, so buying it outright may not be possible, but $25 a month should be very easy to stomach.

NullZ3r0

Banned
Same way movies do. It’s a virtual event so it’s stored online somewhere. Doesn’t take much for someone to send it to someone else.

I still think we were supposed to hear something else. Last Wednesday some Microsoft guy said “it’s only Wednesday this week stay tuned”. Then nothing?
They're saving something for this week.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
If you can't afford an extra $25 dollars a month, you have much bigger problems to worry about. Many people sadly live paycheck to paycheck, so buying it outright may not be possible, but $25 a month should be very easy to stomach.

I'd say if you can't afford a $300 purchase you have bigger problems to worry about than owning the hottest new toy. Everyone deserves entertainment, even if penny-pinching. I don't disparage that. But the brand new console you can't afford is harder to justify imo.

Last edited:
The executives at Xbox watched an episode of some local news channel's daytime programming and were like "this is the ideal format to unveil our newest products."

FFS, thank God for leaks. This would have been insufferable to sit through.

Top Bottom