• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Game Pass catalogue continues to grow new games like Madden NFL 22, Taiko No Tatsujin: The Drum Master!, and Telling Lies.

There's a lot of games to play on Xbox Game Pass, and with its catalog ever-growing, it can be a lot to keep track of. In this video, we go over some of the recent games to make their way to the service, like Telling Lies, or Madden NFL 22, as well as some hidden gems like Skul: The Hero Slayer, and Echo Generation.

00:00 - Intro
00:18 - Telling Lies
01:11 - Madden NFL 22
02:04 - Dreamscaper
02:51 - The Pedestrian
03:29 - Echo Generation
04:03 - Neon Abyss
04:44 - Skul: The Hero Slayer
05:18 - Into the Pit
05:54 - Lost Words: Beyond the Page
06:28 - Mind Scanners
07:10 - Taiko No Tatsujin: The Drum Master!

Far was some good shit. You run around your boat working all it's systems like a platformer, raise the sails, lower the mast or angle the sails to clear bridges or objects passing by the ship, stoke the fire using the bellows, rack items to use as fuel for the boiler. You have to keep an eye on everything and you can't ham-fist things or they'll break. Really cool little game.

manfestival

Booted up Guardians of the Galaxy. I am VERY impressed by the game. Just finished the first two chapters and decided to pause for some friends that want to play some MP titles. This feels like the kind of quality I was hoping from The Avengers. Kind of a shame that this game underperformed. Here is to hoping that it has wild popularity on game pass and that it gives a positive message to the devs and microsoft for putting this up as an option. I do plan on completing the game.

Nobody Saves the World: This game has so much style. Not sure if the gameplay is my cup of tea but I totally dig the art design, animations, world, and story so far from my experience. I checked how long the game and it is not that long for a RPG so I may just go through the gameplay since the rest of the stuff is so compelling for me.

RoboQuest: This game is actually interesting. I am a sucker for roguelikes. I only played a run till I died. Animations are a little stiff but I can definitely see the appeal in the game and willing to give the game another shot when I get some more time. Not sure if this is a priority compared to other titles. Especially after trying out GotG but I can complete that and come back to this any time.

Edge of Eternity: I wanted to like this... I just couldn't get over the art, graphics, voice acting, script.... well everything. I am sure they are a small dev team(as noted in the loading/menu screens). Just not caring enough to go further.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Booted up Guardians of the Galaxy. I am VERY impressed by the game. Just finished the first two chapters and decided to pause for some friends that want to play some MP titles. This feels like the kind of quality I was hoping from The Avengers. Kind of a shame that this game underperformed. Here is to hoping that it has wild popularity on game pass and that it gives a positive message to the devs and microsoft for putting this up as an option. I do plan on completing the game.

Guardians really is an amazing game, and I too hope that it gets a lot of positive word of mouth and a renewed player base ala Aliens: Fireteam Elite.

-

A couple of Game Pass related updates:

2 new game pass day 1 game announcements:

Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn Announced
Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising

And Sniper Elite 5 will get it's release date announced on the 16th. Also on Game Pass day 1.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Was there anything?

Tunic, we knew it was coming out yesterday but not to Game Pass.

2D Zelda tribute with light Souls influence, really good from the 3 hours I've played, similar to Death's Door although sadly worse combat IMO.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Redfall is such a question mark. For a game that's coming out in "Summer" they've shown absolutely nothing on it since the launch trailer, barring the leaked Beta screens.
We are 3 months away, and there is no trailer for that game.
Maybe they are having secret event that is coming soon, with the trailers.

adamsapple

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games is now live on game pass

Tainted Grail: Conquest seems pretty solid so far. It kind of reminds me of maybe Slay the Spire but instead of just selecting a path to go down, you actually explore around and find fights yourself. I just unlocked the second class, the dude who summons minions. Game is fun, but idk how I will ever beat the stone golem guy.

Plantoid

Resident evil village leaked through polish store just a few hours ago on Reddit

Another huge game i didn't buy and get to play for "free" nicee!!!

kingfey

Banned
Quick question:
Since this is only for gamepass thread.

Why do people really believe that gamepass users only pay 1$ for gamepass? It doesnt really make any sense.

Pc gamepass users dont pay for xbox live gold. So they only pay $10.

The gamepass console needs xbox live gold to play online game. If you get that one, you will have to pay for xbox live gold. That is still $180 per year (120+60).

If you want both services together, you will have to pay for gamepass ultimate, which cost $15 a month, or $180 a year.

MS laid down some rules on how gamepass works.

After you join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you can continue to redeem Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass codes. These codes will automatically convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate based on the following conversion table. Conversion ratio subject to change.

Token says…You get…
1 month of Gold20 days of Ultimate
3 months of Gold50 days of Ultimate (1+ month)
6 months of Gold79 days of Ultimate (2+ months)
12 months of Gold4 months of Ultimate
24 months of Gold8 months of Ultimate
1 month of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games)20 days of Ultimate
3 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games)2 months of Ultimate
6 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games)4 months of Ultimate
12 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games)5 months of Ultimate
24 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games)10 months of Ultimate
1 month of Xbox Game Pass PC Games20 days of Ultimate

There is also other restrictions, which people who dont use gamepass have no idea off. These restriction arent documented.

If you get gamepass for whatever reason, you wont be able to use the promotion offer on your account. You have a 4 month wait list on your account. Once that period ends, you can use the 1$ 3 month gamepass. You cant cancel it for 1 month, and use that promotion ready.

The 3 year $180 xbox live gold conversion works only on accounts that never had gamepass before. Or finished their 4 month waiting list. If you use it, while you have the service, it will just give you the conversion rate of 24 month xbox live gold to 10 month of gamepass ultimate. You arent getting the 3 years deal.

yet, we have people who claim to have gamepass, keep screaming about how most gamepass users are paying the $1 promotional offer. If you really own gamepass, you should know the actual price, yet these people keep spreading fake information.

Is anyone tired of these people? All they do is join gamepass discussion, and scream how the service is not profitable, and that most people pay for the promotional offer for everymonth they own gamepass. Like every year, 10m of gamepass users are paying $1 a month. Honestly its getting tiresome at this point.

adamsapple

Why do people really believe that gamepass users only pay 1$ for gamepass? It doesnt really make any sense.

You know exactly why, it's useless fanboy nonsense to try and devalue what so many call one of the best deals in gaming.

-

Anyway, Weird West is releasing in 3 days ! Game Pass day 1.

Chukhopops

You know exactly why, it's useless fanboy nonsense to try and devalue what so many call one of the best deals in gaming.

-

Anyway, Weird West is releasing in 3 days ! Game Pass day 1.

Weird west has a lot of potential, looking forward to it. I don’t know how MS does but pretty much every indie they put on GP this year ends up excellent (Nobody saves the world, Infernax, Windjammers 2, Tunic, Paradise Killer).

Also the argument about everyone paying $1 on GP isn’t a good faith argument but it’s a necessary one because the only argument people can make against GP is that it’s too good to be true (the « not sustainable »part). If everyone pays full price for it then the argument falls apart and there’s nothing left.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Game Pass catalogue continues to grow new games like Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, and some recent classics like the Kentucky Route Zero.

There's a lot of games to play on Xbox Game Pass, and with its catalog ever-growing, it can be a lot to keep track of. In this video, we go over some of the recent games to make their way to the service, like Paradise Killer, or Kentucky Route Zero, as well as some hidden gems like Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, and Tunic. There's even entirely new games like Weird West. Weird West comes from the co-creators of Dishonored and Prey, and is available day of its release for the service. Game Pass has seen some heavy hitters recently like Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, but it's also got smaller gems like Tunic, or the extreme sports Shredders.

00:00 - Intro
00:17 - Marvel's Guardian of the Galaxy
01:22 - Weird West
02:41 - Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
03:49 - Tunic
04:52 - Kentucky Route Zero
05:59 - Paradise Killer
07:21 - Shredders
07:54 - Outro

Games like GotG, Tunic, Shredders...just don't have enough time to play them all, and that is awesome.

Does anyone think we're going to see a Sony Plus/pass general discussion thread like Xbox's Gamepass got consolidated and shipped off to the community forum? Now would be a good time, too many threads and the other side of the coin has showed up.

adamsapple

Games like GotG, Tunic, Shredders...just don't have enough time to play them all, and that is awesome.

Does anyone think we're going to see a Sony Plus/pass general discussion thread like Xbox's Gamepass got consolidated and shipped off to the community forum? Now would be a good time, too many threads and the other side of the coin has showed up.

Sure, a single consolidated discussion thread isn't a bad idea.

Weird West is releasing in one day.

And Scarlet Nexus got a new "Very easy" mode patch.

I am torn for choice lol. I just hope Weird West also has a lot of customizable difficulty options.

reksveks

Lar7GMd.png

Pinch of salt but looks likely

adamsapple

1yqjqu.png

Amazing game.

I'm literally spoilt for choice on Game Pass right now.

Weird West, second half of Scarlet Nexus, Cricket '22, MLB The Show '22, Chinatown Detective Agency, F1 2021.

Not sure which one to pick up next.

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

1yqjqu.png

Amazing game.

I'm literally spoilt for choice on Game Pass right now.

Weird West, second half of Scarlet Nexus, Cricket '22, MLB The Show '22, Chinatown Detective Agency, F1 2021.

Not sure which one to pick up next.
It’s a good problem to have. I’m playing Skyrim

Jaybe

With the Assassins Creed Origina notice and the Shadowrun announcement. Definitely gotta be a big June Xbox/Gamepass presentation and some surprise drops on the horizon.

adamsapple

Updated list of games already confirmed for May.

Trek to Yomi and sniper Elite 5 are the two prominent ones so far.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I'll grab sniper elite 5 day one.

Always enjoyed them, also the zombie army games, though they can be tough solo.

adamsapple

Anyone try Citizen Sleeper yet? Curious how it handles on Xbox and it’s difficulty.

I've heard good things and its definitely on my backlog.

TBH I'm not really sure what kind of game it is right now, whether it's an action game or more of a visual novel style.

But the Nextlander crew were praising it a lot, so I'm intrigued.

Top Bottom