• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass Leads To Huge 'Player Engagement' Spike For Gotham Knights. The initial surge on PS+ did not match that of GP

I would burn my PS5 before I installed that fetid pile of shit.
I tried it for a few minutes and deleted it. Just so dull and boring. I should have known better. I made the same mistake with Callistol Protcol, and wasted 60-70.00$ on that unfinished junk when everyone said it was bad.

Someone needs to take all of the garbage games publishers have tried to release this generation for last gens digital deluxe prices and....

flame thrower fire GIF

Three

Dumbest gloating ever. Of course it launched 2 weeks earlier on GP then on PS+. Believe it or not there is an overlap of subscription service users. The initial spike for engagement died and went back to normal with the "second release" having a lower spike. Whoopdy doo. Engagement would have been if they retained them more than a week.

Last edited:

LordCBH

On the one hand, I don’t totally hate it. But on the other it’s also an objectively bad game. I boot it up when there’s nothing else I wanna play.

radewagon

I don't hate the game. It is quite possibly the most mediocre thing ever. It just doesn't excel at anything. It's fine for a bit, but there are much better things to do with one's time. Honestly, even a game that's less playable could be more engaging if only because said game would be less middle-of-the-road and likely took more chances.

King Dazzar

So, let me get this straight, Xbox fans are celebrating that a 64 meta game is getting massive engagement on GP? Surely that's something to be concerned about rather than celebrate. Each to their own I guess. Maybe it speaks to the same people who liked Redfall. Very strange times.

Kilau

No, it was only on the Extra and Premium tiers.
Ok I see that now, I honestly don't even bother with those games for some reason.

Lol you Xbots sure choose the stupidest hills to die on…Are we supposed to be impressed by this ‘revelation’? 6% of players played a shit game for a indeterminate amount of time…BIG FUCKING WHOOP, OP get your tongue out of Fills ass its clearly affecting your brain…

F8QiuhsXMAAlwt6

I mean. It's a cool enough game. It's definitely a fun co-op game. But it's not a great entry in the series/universe and I hope the publisher and devs learned some valuable lessons. But I doubt it. Being "engaging" on gamepass isn't the badge of honor I think they are trying to paint it as. It's like saying a show on Netflix has "access" and "engagement" to 100's of millions of users.

Last edited:

Three

So, let me get this straight, Xbox fans are celebrating that a 64 meta game is getting massive engagement on GP? Surely that's something to be concerned about rather than celebrate. Each to their own I guess. Maybe it speaks to the same people who liked Redfall. Very strange times.
The engagement isn't even that great. It's some weird flex about a spike for a week being higher.

Last edited:
good news everyone! we are out of money and cant afford to pay everyone's salary, but instead of cash for your paycheck next week we are going to give everyone engagement! that way nobody needs to get laid off! since money and engagement are the exact same thing and have the exact same worth, nobody should complain!

Rockondevil

It's not the best game, average at best, but a LOT of people in here are claiming it's absolute shit and I bet most haven't even played it.

Having a jump in players makes sense for any game as it's released on Game Pass and I try them all and I bet others do too.

saintjules

I played it because it was on game pass. I deleted it after a few hours.

That's the thing. Sure the engagement went up, but how long would it hold up? It's like all these record breaking sales for games. Great, 5 million copies sold in x amount of days. How many people actually enjoyed what they played though?

King Dazzar

It's not the best game, average at best, but a LOT of people in here are claiming it's absolute shit and I bet most haven't even played it.

Having a jump in players makes sense for any game as it's released on Game Pass and I try them all and I bet others do too.
Some of us know a turkey when we see one and don't have to go plucking its feathers to be sure.

StueyDuck

Lol why would anyone except warriors care about this.

Pretty sure WB only care how much Sony and Xbox paid them for the rights to be on the sub. Literally 1 person could "engage" with it for all they care

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I mean...Spider-Man 2 just released on PS5. Even with some of the problems I had with that story, it's by far the better superhero game and PS gamers will be enjoying that.

What else is there to play on Xbox?
Ah, came to console war, I see.

Hope the mods start throwing down the hammer.

ReBurn

Gold Member
That's the thing. Sure the engagement went up, but how long would it hold up? It's like all these record breaking sales for games. Great, 5 million copies sold in x amount of days. How many people actually enjoyed what they played though?
I mean, it wasn't the worst game I've ever played. It was just OK. It felt slow and disjointed.

T-0800

The fact that anyone on any platform wasted time on this game instead of playing any of the hundreds of other games at their fingertips is certainly indicative of something alright.

Pretty much. I have access it to on PS+ but I'm not wasting my time with it.

marjo

I mean...Spider-Man 2 just released on PS5. Even with some of the problems I had with that story, it's by far the better superhero game and PS gamers will be enjoying that.

What else is there to play on Xbox?

Well, in the last couple of months, on Game Pass alone there's been:

Starfield
Lies of P
Cocoon
Warhammer 40k: Darktide
Forza Motorsport
Like a dragon: Ishin
Dead Space remake
Jusant
Wartales
Thirsty Suitors
Like a dragon Gaiden

and many more. Not to mention all the non Game Pass stuff (AC:Mirage, Alan Wake 2, etc.) But why let facts get in the way of an ignorant fanboy drive by.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I don’t like the plot, but also what kinda point is there to make? Arkham Knight was the last toast to Batman that people really cared about.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Games don't have to be good. They just have to be "free" but still....

....#winning

Baby Success GIF

No one is accusing GK of being a good game, the thing to derive is that the same game released in similar windows gets more people playing it on GP, at first at least, before it stabilizes on both.

I wish Mat releases data like this for Sea of Stars as well, that game launched on both sub services day 1.

Last edited:
Top Bottom