• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass Leads To Huge 'Player Engagement' Spike For Gotham Knights. The initial surge on PS+ did not match that of GP

ReBurn

Gold Member
my experience with game pass in general
I don't know. I've found some pretty fun or interesting games there I would have never played otherwise like Maquette and Raji: An Ancient Epic. Same for PS+. Sure, it's not all AAA blockbusters, but there are some really good games made by some pretty talented folks on it. The service itself has nothing to do with Gotham Knights being mediocre. If it wasn't mediocre to begin with WB wouldn't have it on both services.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Do I have to say more? 😜

FmdgM4daMAASu3e

tghakwe6gq0b1.jpg

batgirl-best-girl-first-time-playing-gotham-knights-ignore-v0-nti444l24yjb1.png
That’s what wheelchairs do. Once you recover you’ve got an amazing booty.

I bet the worst part of this whole thing. The entire market is all about data, not about deciding rather or not a game is good or not. As long as they can pull satisfying numbers, they’ll keep pushing them out.

reinking

Gold Member
No one is accusing GK of being a good game, the thing to derive is that the same game released in similar windows gets more people playing it on GP, at first at least, before it stabilizes on both.

I wish Mat releases data like this for Sea of Stars as well, that game launched on both sub services day 1.
I know. I was just trying to be funny....

Mom And Pop Music Clown GIF by Courtney Barnett

leo-j

I mean to be real there’s way more games on PS plus and way more games out right now on PS in general (Bulder’s gate, FF XVI, spider man 2) , the back log is stupid I haven’t even touched Gotham and I liked the Batman games there’s just way too much content

That’s what wheelchairs do. Once you recover you’ve got an amazing booty.

I bet the worst part of this whole thing. The entire market is all about data, not about deciding rather or not a game is good or not. As long as they can pull satisfying numbers, they’ll keep pushing them out.
That seems to be lore accurate.

SteadyEvo

I mean...Spider-Man 2 just released on PS5. Even with some of the problems I had with that story, it's by far the better superhero game and PS gamers will be enjoying that.

What else is there to play on Xbox?
Yakuza.

There’s something there for everyone depending on their taste. No doubt spider man 2 is amazing. I loved miles morales.

But this is about Gamepass boosting engagement on older titles. Not best superhero game. And I agree Spider-Man is just that.

SteadyEvo

Lol you Xbots sure choose the stupidest hills to die on…Are we supposed to be impressed by this ‘revelation’? 6% of players played a shit game for a indeterminate amount of time…BIG FUCKING WHOOP, OP get your tongue out of Fills ass its clearly affecting your brain…
Bruh… OP is posting gaming news on a gaming news forum. I completely agree that a lot of people downloaded, tried it and deleted after.

But why shit on Xbox? You sound angry 🤣 Play what you enjoy. No need to hate

SenkiDala

Is it available to all PS+ subs? I downloaded it on game pass PC but haven't started it yet.
I bought it on PC back then, played a couple of hours on it no problem. Then the game started crashing at launch or best on the "press start" screen. I searched on forums and it said to remove RT, that's too bad you buy a PC that is RT capable it is not to turn it off but anyway I tried it didn't change anything. Then I tried all the thing I could find nothing worked, I started all this shitty troubleshoot Friday after work and then I figured out we're Sunday afternoon and that's what I did for my weekend. That day I decided to sell my PC and go back to consoles, after 20 years of PC gaming (with console gaming next to it) I just felt tired of all that shit. I prefer play at 30fps than spending a weekend like this again.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's a good game, as of like... June, I think? When they finally got it to stop crashing all the time?

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
they already spend that subscription fees, they have to play something.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Does this actually mean anything? For all I know "engagement" means that someone installed it, saw that it's hot garbage, and deleted it 30 minutes later. Or maybe not even started and just installed.

I'm guessing fewer PS Plus users downloaded it because there are more interesting games to choose from there.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The game definitely has the best photomode I've ever seen. So many options!

Gojiira

Bruh… OP is posting gaming news on a gaming news forum. I completely agree that a lot of people downloaded, tried it and deleted after.

But why shit on Xbox? You sound angry 🤣 Play what you enjoy. No need to hate
I despise Xbox 😂 I used to be a big fan, back when they were actually about games and not consolidation. Seriously at one point they had Halo, Steel Battalion,Mechwarrior,Otogi,Metalwolf,Jetset Radio etc etc but from the 360 onwards just MEH. Im hoping 2024 is the turnaround for them, but if ‘engagement’ is the ‘success’ they have and not stellar releases then fuck them lol

StueyDuck

At WB Montreal:

"hey boss, why aren't we getting our 13th paycheck this year? We seem to be getting paid less and less or not on time at all"

"Well there Jimmy, we didn't really sell many copies of Gotham knights this year, but however, our engagement was through the roof, especially more so on Xbox game pass than ps plus, for like a week. I am pleased to announce that you and all your friends will be gifted some bonus engagement points this year, it's the hottest new trend, you are going to love it"

"Wait what? What do I do with engagement points?"

"Good thing you asked Jimmy, absolutely fuck all, but it looks great for console warriors, so you can tell your friends you fought the good fight for game pass"

"We need food sir, the economy is shit, the world is at war mostly"

"Shut up Jimmy you are fired, here's your compensation, 200 000 player engagements"

Last edited:
Top Bottom