• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass Leads To Huge 'Player Engagement' Spike For Gotham Knights. The initial surge on PS+ did not match that of GP

Roxkis_ii

If the same amount of people played the game on both systems, wouldn't the percentage be higher on Xbox due to the lower population?

When you have to reach this hard for a win, it seems kinda desperate.

Congratulations to the people who are excited I guess?

well-done-good-job.gif

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
This is probably the weirdest flex I've seen all year.
The guy is proud of the way his company can track data across multiple platforms and see how inclusion in the different sub services affects the number of people playing on a granular level. Let him have his win.

X-Wing

If the same amount of people played the game on both systems, wouldn't the percentage be higher on Xbox due to the lower population?

When you have to reach this hard for a win, it seems kinda desperate.

Congratulations to the people who are excited I guess?

well-done-good-job.gif

If GPU has 100 players and 6 play the game then 6% played the game.
If PS+ has 100 000 players and 6 000 played the game 6% played the game.

In absolute numbers PS+ has more players playing it but the percentage is the same on both systems.

Topher

Gold Member
And yet more people played Gotham Knights on PS5 on the date(s) Spider Man 2 came out.

This thread repeatedly told me there's no need PS5 owners to play anything but SM 2 🤔

zS5Ojza.jpg

Eh.....if I'm going to spin an Xbox positive out of that graph it would be the fact that Xbox gamers dropped that turd of a game at a faster rate than PlayStation gamers.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
I think most are missing the point of the original post; I think what they are trying to convey is the effect Gamepass can have on any one game - perhaps those that havent been very successful. Not the actual quality of the game. Painless metric. I'm sure the devs appreciate it.

yazenov

I'd rather play a good "old" game than a new awful one.

I assume most people who cares for these kind of games already played it and are looking for a newer experience. It's a good option unless you already played it and alot of people don't reply games they've already played.

Boss Mog

Maybe, just maybe, that's because PS players have a bit more games to play and a game with a 67 Metacritic score isn't going to draw them in as much as gamers who are starved for anything. I say this as a Series X owner (that doesn't get much use these days), I'm just keeping it real.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Maybe, just maybe, that's because PS players have a bit more games to play and a game with a 67 Metacritic score isn't going to draw them in as much as gamers who are starved for anything. I say this as a Series X owner (that doesn't get much use these days), I'm just keeping it real.

Didn't you already sell it circa June?

Literally selling my Series X once the price hike goes into effect so I get more for it.

I mean...Spider-Man 2 just released on PS5. Even with some of the problems I had with that story, it's by far the better superhero game and PS gamers will be enjoying that.

What else is there to play on Xbox?
This should be obvious to all. PS players are busy with God of War and Spider-man.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It did draw them in though. Gamepass people tried it out and then dropped it real quick, the PS people didn't try it at the same rate but they stuck with it.

sendit

Forspoken is a fantastic game. Especially compared to starfield. You are not original by regurgitating the same crap opinion based on twitter memes. Maybe try playing a good game for once.
And yes. I’ve supported it and paid full price for it too.
Comparing, starfield was not worth 5$ I’ve paid for a sub.

Good games that do things different and original go right under your noses while this casual unimaginative crap get the attention.
And then forspoken haters think they are the cool guys while in fact they are the stupid masses repeating the same opinion that isn’t even their own.

Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin

winjer

Gold Member
I tried this game for an hour on gamepass, then I gave up and uninstalled.
I guess that a one hour demo, would count as player engagement for these analysts.

adamsapple

Still doesn't change the fact that PS players were likely busy with God of War or Spider-man when Gotham Knights was released on PS+.

Have you understood the topic?

My brother in Christ, more people on PS+ were playing Gotham Knights than Game Pass the day(s) of and after Spider Man 2 came out. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

zS5Ojza.jpg

Last edited:

adamsapple

The topic is all about % of players and adamsapple adamsapple is talking about absolute players. The initial surge (or lack of initial surge on Playstation) is what is stricking here.

Please don't @ me, @ the users who have been making dumb absolute statements about entire eco-systems based on one games engagement metrics :messenger_grinning_sweat:

In fact, almost anything is better than starfield

admiredclutteredegrett3kgo.gif

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Please don't @ me, @ the users who have been making dumb absolute statements about entire eco-systems based on one games engagement metrics :messenger_grinning_sweat:

admiredclutteredegrett3kgo.gif
yes. Forspoken is not only a good game by itself. But absolutely way better game than starfield.
Like.. there is no comparing the two. Forspoken is actually great to play.

And that's before patches. The game received very good performance and gameplay patches since then.

Meanwhile Starfield is the most disappointing AAA game this year. It's a disgrace and I always finished their games day1.
I've played enough and watched enough to know this. I gave the game a chance. It just feels like a waste of time.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I think most are missing the point of the original post; I think what they are trying to convey is the effect Gamepass can have on any one game - perhaps those that havent been very successful. Not the actual quality of the game. Painless metric. I'm sure the devs appreciate it.
No one is missing the point.
A lot of games receive an increase in players when it hits GP or PS+. Xbox fans look for every opportunity to praise game pass when this is happening on other subscription services. I you give gamers easy access to a game then you're going to see a lot of them take advantage of it.

Skelterz

Gamepass is routinely £1 in the U.K. like every few months, every time I’ve subscribed I’ve paid £1 there practically giving it away.

I think a lot of people are just reading the headline and assuming this is MS flexing or something. And they sure as hell aren’t reading the context that plenty of people are playing GK on PS+, because we’re still seeing people reply that PS users are just too weighed down by great games.

And now we’re comparing Starfield and Forspoken

Jason Bateman No GIF by Emmys

adamsapple

I think a lot of people are just reading the headline and assuming this is MS flexing or something. And they sure as hell aren’t reading the context that plenty of people are playing GK on PS+, because we’re still seeing people reply that PS users are just too weighed down by great games.

nothing-left.gif

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
rofif rofif

I am legitimately not able to tell if your posts are genuine or satire at this point :messenger_grinning_sweat:
really? You are not able to tell how trash starfield is?

let me make it clear - Forspoken is a good game. better than Starfield. here. It is not satire.
Maybe it it hard to make out if you only look at a game as collection of memes on your opposing platform - playstation.
Maybe you hate on it because it's PS console exclusive and you are xbox fanboy but I am genuinely triggered by unprecedented hate towards forspoken. It's a fucking good game and you all regurgitating haters are tiresome and too stupid to form your own opinion without twitter memes bias. You would really have to be blind and ignorant to look at those vids and not draw any conclusion.

You could try the game but I guarantee you that with this attitude and prejudice, you will just look for things to hate. There is no point.
Just leave it be and stop with your xbot trolling. You don't see me bringing redfall in quote to your every post and I am pretty sure forspoken is at least fully featured, finished game.

I would stop defending this game months ago but all you people bring it up every post in every thread.
Like fuck off finally. I am allowed to like the game and I will repeat that it's better than this god forsaken pile of trash starfield.

We have a creative game, that does amazing open world magic combat and movement. Sure the game is flawed but tries new and interesting stuff.
And in the other corner we have starfield. AAA game that got terrible loot, shooting, quest design, writing, story and it's just a bloated waste of time.

Hey I didn't start it. These idiots always tag me and start talking shit about games they have no idea about.
I would stop months ago. I am so tired of this.

sendit

yes. Forspoken is not only a good game by itself. But absolutely way better game than starfield.

And that's before patches. The game received very good performance and gameplay patches since then.

Meanwhile Starfield is the most disappointing AAA game this year. It's a disgrace and I always finished their games day1.
I've played enough and watched enough to know this. I gave the game a chance. It just feels like a waste of time.

All flash and no substance. I equate Forspoken to Korean MMOs.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
All flash and no substance. I equate Forspoken to Korean MMOs.
Maybe. I don't have mmo comparison.
It's harder to look at but when you play, it requires some skill and thought to pull off combos and charges.
For example, charge attacks in the air, charge instantly compared to on the ground. hence constant jumps and so on

sendit

It's harder to look at but when you play, it requires some skill and thought to pull off combos and charges.
For example, charge attacks in the air, charge instantly compared to on the ground. hence constant jumps and so on
I have it.

zI60pAl.png

Ozriel

M$FT

76% of critic reviews on Metacritic for the game are Mixed or Negative. At 64% MC, critics consensus is that the game is mediocre. And even worse than the consensus score for Gotham Knights.

It’s safe to work with the belief that your opinion is an outlier.

simpatico

I had very low expectations for it. Downloaded it on GP and it's even worse than I thought. Don't know who they thought wanted an Arkham looter bruter, but for the 3 people that did, maybe they're happy. Once I saw the little health bars I knew it was over. And how does the motorcycle feel slower than sprinting? Just another game that no one making it loved. Rote and workman like.

simpatico

It's a bit at this point right?

NewYork214

Not reading all of the comments so already brought up probably. But how doesn't this make sense. Game pass is the main factor for Xbox. Game sales aren't.

While PS plus seems to be more complimentary then the main source of access to games.

RickMasters

I mean...Spider-Man 2 just released on PS5. Even with some of the problems I had with that story, it's by far the better superhero game and PS gamers will be enjoying that.

What else is there to play on Xbox?

Forza, starfield….. halo infinites banging new update that makes the games progression system more enjoyable to slog through….. oh…all the same 3p stuff you play? I hate to get into list wars …. But if I throw in hi fi rush and pentinent…But again….What a dumb question…..

you make it sound like Gotham knights is a big deal on Xbox…. You are aware it released on Xbox at the same time it released as everybody else right? And that generally the game was given not much interest by all regardless of platform… right ?…surely you know these things yet just because the game is seemingly down better than it ever has in gamepass you have a chip on your shoulder….. go touch some grass. It’s not that a big a deal for Xbox owners. It’s just one of many games and n GP…. Along with atomic hearts, lies of P, the two latest iterations of the yakuza, like a dragon series, sea of stars, and a bunch of other stuff I can’t be bothered to type… I think that pretty much answers your question as to “what else do Xbox owners have to play?”….. how about exclusives and recently released AAA 3P games on the same service that are better rated?….. think before you type. The answer was obvious to you and everybody before you even tried to shit on gamepass.🙄 😂😂😂

Top Bottom