• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase 2024 + Call of Duty Direct | Official Neogaf |OT|

Are you hyped for the event?

• Yes

Votes: 143 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 49 16.5%
  • Neither, but i will watch it for the new games

Votes: 105 35.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clarky

Gold Member
My Gamepass sub has been expired for three months now. I have low expectations that Microsoft will show anything worth resubscribing for.
You've got this the wrong way round. Your expectations need to be higher so they can be crushed later.

Like the buzz a gambler gets after loosing his kids to a bet.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

That list actually looks like this is actually worth watching. What time is this at, 1 est?
35 minutes.
Edit: Maybe in an hour? The fuck is the point of a countdown when it's not starting then?

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
They just know a lot about rats
48c9643c60c3483ba38578f422c49b8b.webp

clarky

Gold Member
Last edited:

djjinx2

Going to mow the lawn. I expect gameplay from a gritty Gears of War reboot (with original cast) when I return. If any of the new characters are in the game or even mentioned I'm going to be sorely disappointed. Fingers crossed for Avowed color grading and voice acting tonal changes too.
I would love a gritty reboot, also Gears MP is vastly underrated. A F2P MP with cosmetics on all platforms could easily blow up as the next big thing

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Damn. I’ll have to watch the recaps vids and threads on gaf.

Hosting a bbq at my place with friends and fam in about half an hour! Grrrr…. I’ll check back later in the afternoon.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I know people want to shit on it because it’s Xbox but I don’t know how you can look at this lineup of known announcements and not be hyped.

Doom
Gears 6
South of midnight
Avowed
Indiana jones
Fable
COD
Starfield expansion

+ a few surprises.

Those are some BIG time IPs
If the studios making these were still independent then sure, I’d be hyped. However, my hype is tempered because I fully expect Microsoft will screw up these games or at the very least make them less good than they would be otherwise.

Fredrik

Is this Xbox's E3's presentation?

Or just a COD showcase?
It’s the big Not-E3 show, 1 hour, rumoured to show 30 games, 15 1st party titles, possibly the next Gears, then a Call of Duty show afterwards, another hour. 50 minutes to go now!
Snl Hype GIF by Saturday Night Live

What makes you think this is two years away? Could be out this November for all we know.
Technology. I don't think the devices are ready to be shipped (they might be in production). I would not be surprised to see digital series x and a new gamepad though.

lucbr

I am hoping for Fable gameplay but I don't think it will show up. They will probably leave for next year when the game releases.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
BLOPS 6 PR blurb and some details out on the product pages. Mind bending narrative and October 25th release date confirmed.

"Developed by Treyarch and Raven, Black Ops 6 is a spy action thriller set in the early 90s, a period of transition and upheaval in global politics, characterized by the end of the Cold War and the rise of the United States as a single superpower. With a mind-bending narrative, and unbound by the rules of engagement, this is signature Black Ops.

The Black Ops 6 Campaign provides dynamic moment-to-moment gameplay that includes a variety of play spaces with blockbuster set pieces and action-packed moments, high-stakes heists, and cloak-and-dagger spy activity.

In a best-in-class Multiplayer experience, players will test their skills across 16 new maps at launch, including 12 core 6v6 maps and 4 Strike maps that can be played 2v2 or 6v6.

Black Ops 6 also marks the epic return of Round-Based Zombies, the fan-favorite mode where players will take down hordes of the undead in two brand-new maps at launch. Post-launch, players can look forward to even more exciting maps and groundbreaking experiences dropping into both Multiplayer and Zombies."

Releases on 25th October.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I am hoping for Fable gameplay but I don't think it will show up. They will probably leave for next year when the game releases.
Absolutely has to be there. They showed it last year, nothing this year and the usual suspects will be screaming "dev hell"

Top Bottom